cutoff scores

Discussion in 'Radiology' started by ktat72, Apr 26, 2004.

1. ktat72

ktat72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

to those who have just been through the match the last couple of years, anyone know of any cutoffs in step 1 scores in Texas?

2. Santiago

Santiago Catheter Jockey
    7+ Year Member

Above 230,but then again this is hearsay.....I believe this is on the higher but safer side.Check on the AM forum for more.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ktat72

ktat72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

with a 219, am i out of luck with any of the texas programs?

did a rotation at UTH in 2002 in the Cardiology department (ended up being a Bariatric Surgery project) and received a LOR from one of the cardiologists there with whom I worked - will that help?

4. Santiago

Santiago Catheter Jockey
    7+ Year Member

No one can provide an answer to that.People with eeven lesser score do match but they are few and far between.I guess you already know that.But you will land a Rads spot somewhere,but where..who knows.And in these times,that too is a tremendous blessing.Don't limit yourself to Texas.Place is only for five years.Rads..lifelong...Does it makes sense?
    Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ktat72

ktat72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

thanks santiago, i was not going to limit myself to texas, especially for the fact that i am from the midwest and was born and grew up in the midwest. i would be happy to match anywhere, but texas would be one of my top choices for states - there are a couple others as well.