CV Question for Ortho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MediCane2006

Living the dream
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a second year medical student interested in Orthopedics, and I'm trying to tailor my CV to make it look as attractive as possible. Thus far my extracurricular activities are mainly community-service-related - health fairs, planning a medical relief trip to another country, etc.

Now I've been offered a position as the director of a student-run clinic that serves the indigent community here in Miami. I've also got a potential connection for a research project. Since I'm studying for boards and starting 3rd year in June, I need to pick one or the other. I would love some advice as to which I should choose. I need to make a decision by this weekend for sure. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Only another 2nd year...

The answer is going to be RESEARCH, esp. Ortho. For the connections, face time and potential for a presentation or publication. You have already done altruistic things. Unless you do something on the scale of Mother Teresa, the box has been checked.

Good luck with your decision

Thanks! I definitely decided on pursuing some more research-oriented activities. I'd appreciate any other advice people might have on how to fine-tune my CV towards ortho.....