CVM c/o 2022 Army Vet Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camccamm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning on being an Army vet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been accepted to Purdue. I'm going to apply for the HPSP scholarship.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm definitely considering it; my dad was active duty for 28 years and I was in for 11 years, so the military lifestyle itself isn't foreign to me. With that said, my move for vet school will be the 22nd of my life and I've certainly wondered whether the grass is greener on the other side (staying in one location as a stationary rock versus continuing to be the perpetual rolling stone that I've always been).

I'm definitely considering it; my dad was active duty for 28 years and I was in for 11 years, so the military lifestyle itself isn't foreign to me. With that said, my move for vet school will be the 22nd of my life and I've certainly wondered whether the grass is greener on the other side (staying in one location as a stationary rock versus continuing to be the perpetual rolling stone that I've always been).

Understandable.
I’ve just seen a lot of sr vets in my area struggle financially... I figured few more years in the army I can have that retirement revenue stream then do whatever the heck I want as a civilian vet.
But I am also considering just doing the reserves...

Accepted to VMRCVM and planning on applying to the Army Vet Corp. Heard the application cycle is really competitve, and they also have a waitlist. Hoping i can squeeze my way in next cycle so i can graduate debt free!!

Accepted to VMRCVM and planning on applying to the Army Vet Corp. Heard the application cycle is really competitve, and they also have a waitlist. Hoping i can squeeze my way in next cycle so i can graduate debt free!!
I’ve heard it is really competitive but they Army also has loan forgiveness programs if you don’t get the HPSP. So if you want to be in the vet corps and be dept free there are other ways too!

Does anybody know of anywhere to look for advice on applying for the HPSP? I'm planning on applying for it, so I'm desperately searching for tips

How did you guys contact a local HPSP specific recruiter nearby regarding starting an application?
The Army Veterinary Corp email link on their website doesn't seem to work...

How did you guys contact a local HPSP specific recruiter nearby regarding starting an application?
The Army Veterinary Corp email link on their website doesn't seem to work...

My school sent out an email with contact information for an AMEDD recruiter in their area. You might be able to contact your school's Admissions office and ask them to recommend a local recruiter for you.