CVS raises

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, CVS raises were given out earlier this year. I saw a Wags thread and figure I will start one here.

I got 3.11 percent or 2 bucks. I was surprised because the raises got ****tier each year. (6 percent, then 4.5... and 2 percent last year).

Does anybody know if there is still a cap?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, CVS raises were given out earlier this year. I saw a Wags thread and figure I will start one here.

I got 3.11 percent or 2 bucks. I was surprised because the raises got ****tier each year. (6 percent, then 4.5... and 2 percent last year).

Does anybody know if there is still a cap?

Yup I got $2 too in March. It's all based on your SOS (just like your bonus). I hear that CVS is increasing the bonus incentives a little bit this year. Again, all based on SOS.

Yup I got $2 too in March. It's all based on your SOS (just like your bonus). I hear that CVS is increasing the bonus incentives a little bit this year. Again, all based on SOS.

I got 1%, but I was already making $66/hr. Right now, I'm #1 in my district for my customer and in top 10% for the chain. My other numbers aren't that stellar (KPM, etc), but as long as I keep the patients happy, I should be doing okay come March.

Members don't see this ad :)
what is the usual range? is it based on performance?

I got 1%, but I was already making $66/hr. Right now, I'm #1 in my district for my customer and in top 10% for the chain. My other numbers aren't that stellar (KPM, etc), but as long as I keep the patients happy, I should be doing okay come March.

Yea MCE is the #1 key right now. Every day it's emails from your DM about MCE. So if you're doing great in that, you earn some leeway from the others.

what is the usual range? is it based on performance?

I think so. Your rasies/bonuses are entirely based on the Store's scorecard. 3 - meets expectations; 4 exceeds. For PICs, bonuses range from $3k (low volume store - 800 scripts) to $16-17k (3500+ scripts)

we are almost at 3k average so far this year at my store
wish that they gave us tech's some love

I got 5% raise last year and a 2% raise this year. The raises at CVS suck.

The bonus is really BS. I do not do a single thing more to meet any targets because at the end of the year I get a s***ty $1,000 bonus which gets taxed at 50% and becomes $500.

So all the hard work you do all year, and you only get $500. Lame.

For a staff pharmacist (401k), does CVS match 5 or 6%?

I got 5% raise last year and a 2% raise this year. The raises at CVS suck.

The bonus is really BS. I do not do a single thing more to meet any targets because at the end of the year I get a s***ty $1,000 bonus which gets taxed at 50% and becomes $500.

So all the hard work you do all year, and you only get $500. Lame.

my bonus was 10k last year. I am going for 15-25k bonus this year provided I get 90s on my KPM for the rest of the year and my courteous and professional goes up. I heard store manager make 40k bonuses....

me too. I am at 68 and change now. Do you know if they still have a cap? I cant imagine them giving me another raise next year no matter how good I do. It would put me at 70.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some rx manager here in CA has 70+/hr in the boonies. The one I saw the paycheck is a good friend of mine is at 67/hr in Ventura county (CVS).

Some rx manager here in CA has 70+/hr in the boonies. The one I saw the paycheck is a good friend of mine is at 67/hr in Ventura county (CVS).

Thank you. It is good to know that I can go higher. Something to look forward to.:laugh:

Thank you. It is good to know that I can go higher. Something to look forward to.:laugh:

I hope you might know the answer to my question. What is the usual raise range ? Last year I got only 2 percent raise, which I believe was a little low. I am still making less than 57 per hour. Now that my store is doing better, I hope to get a 5 percent raise. Do you think that is wishful thinking to expect a 5 percent raise?
Thanks

Depends on what quartile you are in, 5% is very unrealistic

me too. I am at 68 and change now. Do you know if they still have a cap? I cant imagine them giving me another raise next year no matter how good I do. It would put me at 70.
They cap. Max varies by region.

I got 2.5% raise with a $1,400 bonus. The bonus only accounts for 4 months as PIC. I thought the raise was fair enough, of course everyone believes they are worth more than they get, but objectively I know it could have been worse.

I won't be getting the PIC bonus next year though, I had my fill of action plans and metric chasing and have stepped down. I don't see how anyone can stand that job without going crazy, lol.

I got 2.5% raise with a $1,400 bonus. The bonus only accounts for 4 months as PIC. I thought the raise was fair enough, of course everyone believes they are worth more than they get, but objectively I know it could have been worse.

I won't be getting the PIC bonus next year though, I had my fill of action plans and metric chasing and have stepped down. I don't see how anyone can stand that job without going crazy, lol.
So you already got your raise and your bonus. I have not gotten mine yet. My pic has not done my review yet

So you already got your raise and your bonus. I have not gotten mine yet. My pic has not done my review yet

Well, my sup gave me the results of my review, I have not seen the actual raise on my paycheck yet. Or the bonus. Reviews should have been due by now though (unless it is on a different schedule in different regions).

This might be a dumb question, but I'm new to this whole thing so bear with me. Do staff pharmacists get bonuses? I don't think they do.

Yes, but the staff bonus is less than the PIC bonus and does not include stock options. I can't say much about the stock options as this is my first year getting any.

So here it goes:

Yes they have a cap. If you are capped, you get your yearly raise as a lump sum like a bonus. You just don't get to compound it. year after year.
Staff pharmacists get options every other year, PIC's get stock options every year.
All non floater pharmacists are bonus eligible. The bonus is totally driver by store performance. The regional support pharmacist gets an extra $2.00 per hour in lieu of a bonus.

So here it goes:

Yes they have a cap. If you are capped, you get your yearly raise as a lump sum like a bonus. You just don't get to compound it. year after year.
Staff pharmacists get options every other year, PIC's get stock options every year.
All non floater pharmacists are bonus eligible. The bonus is totally driver by store performance. The regional support pharmacist gets an extra $2.00 per hour in lieu of a bonus.

Any idea on what the cap amount is? I'm assuming it would possibly vary depending on location?

Any idea on what the cap amount is? I'm assuming it would possibly vary depending on location?

Depends on whether you are in Market A, B, or C. PIC is a higher salary grade / higher "red circle" or cap level.

How did you get them to let you step down?? Been trying to become a staff pharmacist for a year. Just keep being told there is no position for me and I have to stay as PIC if I want a job. Apparently my results are too good lol

How did you get them to let you step down?? Been trying to become a staff pharmacist for a year. Just keep being told there is no position for me and I have to stay as PIC if I want a job. Apparently my results are too good lol

I faxed in my letter of resignation. They retained me by letting me step down.

Reactions: 2 users

Did they give you any inclination beforehand that you would be retained? My rxsup has strongly implied any pic stepping down would not

Was it difficult to step down as PIC? At rite aid I've heard they won't let you step down they simply get rid of you...how big if any was your pay decreased stepping down? I agree being PIC in a lot of cases is not worth the pay bump, as a newly promoted PIC I somewhat regret the decision already.

Did they give you any inclination beforehand that you would be retained? My rxsup has strongly implied any pic stepping down would not

Actually, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't sending in my letter of resignation as a power play or anything like that, I was legitimately over working at CVS and ready to leave. For my ego I was hopeful that they would try to retain me, but I wasn't expecting it or counting on it. After I sent in my letter the pharm sup called and asked if I would be interested in staying on as a PIC at a different store, or as a staff RPh, or as a floater (PT or FT). I told him none of those options appealed to me. My primary motivation for leaving was not having enough help to safely fill prescriptions and I didn't see that changing regardless of what store they put me in, which I explained to him. They managed to retain me by offering me a 7-on, 7-off overnight job - I told them I would be willing to try that before quitting. I have >5 years with the company and in spite of being fed up with some aspects of the job another part of me hated to throw away all that time/benefits/seniority/etc, so I am happy we may have found a solution that allows me to stay with the company. I am hopeful that I will enjoy it as much as Mickey has lead me to believe I will (I have done overnights before but only here and there, not contentiously).

Was it difficult to step down as PIC? At rite aid I've heard they won't let you step down they simply get rid of you...how big if any was your pay decreased stepping down? I agree being PIC in a lot of cases is not worth the pay bump, as a newly promoted PIC I somewhat regret the decision already.

Wasn't hard at all; like I said all I had to do was quit. :)

We haven't discussed me taking a pay cut - if anything, I should be making more than before based on a small shift differential (much less bonus potential naturally). I was a new PIC and no where near the pay cap so I am not expecting a pay cut. If they do give me a pay cut they can expect another letter of resignation from me. It is refreshing to have all the power and be ready to leave at the drop of a hat. Intoxicating almost really.

Reactions: 2 users
Actually, I had no idea what to expect. I wasn't sending in my letter of resignation as a power play or anything like that, I was legitimately over working at CVS and ready to leave. For my ego I was hopeful that they would try to retain me, but I wasn't expecting it or counting on it. After I sent in my letter the pharm sup called and asked if I would be interested in staying on as a PIC at a different store, or as a staff RPh, or as a floater (PT or FT). I told him none of those options appealed to me. My primary motivation for leaving was not having enough help to safely fill prescriptions and I didn't see that changing regardless of what store they put me in, which I explained to him. They managed to retain me by offering me a 7-on, 7-off overnight job - I told them I would be willing to try that before quitting. I have >5 years with the company and in spite of being fed up with some aspects of the job another part of me hated to throw away all that time/benefits/seniority/etc, so I am happy we may have found a solution that allows me to stay with the company. I am hopeful that I will enjoy it as much as Mickey has lead me to believe I will (I have done overnights before but only here and there, not contentiously).

Wasn't hard at all; like I said all I had to do was quit. :)

We haven't discussed me taking a pay cut - if anything, I should be making more than before based on a small shift differential (much less bonus potential naturally). I was a new PIC and no where near the pay cap so I am not expecting a pay cut. If they do give me a pay cut they can expect another letter of resignation from me. It is refreshing to have all the power and be ready to leave at the drop of a hat. Intoxicating almost really.

Well done! You clearly must be very good at your job. Congrats.

I would think only supervisors and higher would know the actual caps. But if you start getting 1% for ME, you would be very close the cap.

Maybe I should try that but I don't see it as a typical outcome with most supervisors out there. They would rather see PICs crash and burn.

an easier way to step down i would think is by telling them how being a PIC results in your health's decline. mentally or physically, they won't dare to mess with a potential lawsuit. i doubt that they would reject. but if they reject, keep documentation of all the time you ask to step down. go to a minute clinic n get some antidepressants. you don't have to take them, just buy them. and get with a lawyer and get ready for a million dollar retirement.

They managed to retain me by offering me a 7-on, 7-off overnight job - I told them I would be willing to try that before quitting. I have >5 years with the company and in spite of being fed up with some aspects of the job another part of me hated to throw away all that time/benefits/seniority/etc, so I am happy we may have found a solution that allows me to stay with the company. I am hopeful that I will enjoy it as much as Mickey has lead me to believe I will (I have done overnights before but only here and there, not contentiously).

Welcome to the club. The few, the proud, the lonely...

Your base should be about $130-$135k with 5 year experience. Plus you get paid 8 hours extra for each holiday. Being that we have no concept of holidays. About $140k before overtime annually. If you ain't getting that...well, you should...

And work Xmas Eve. Its 2x pay, bro. Dolla dolla bills, y'all.

Reactions: 1 user
an easier way to step down i would think is by telling them how being a PIC results in your health's decline. mentally or physically, they won't dare to mess with a potential lawsuit. i doubt that they would reject. but if they reject, keep documentation of all the time you ask to step down. go to a minute clinic n get some antidepressants. you don't have to take them, just buy them. and get with a lawyer and get ready for a million dollar retirement.

Lol. I don't think so. Have you seen any lawsuits? Your health is the least of their worries. Plus you have to prove cause and effect. Also, now split shifts are in effect in many stores and long shifts are being phased out.

With time constraints, not everyone will get their reviews. Your bonuses are being mailed out now. Your raises should be reflected in the first paycheck of April.

Congrats. I'm tired of it too lol. I haven't gotten a vacation in 3 years b/c all of my sups keep delaying them for various reasons. And CVS cutting hours is getting on my last nerves, and I'm a very patient person.

Only at CVS where people are applauded for stepping down LOL

Reactions: 3 users
I got my bonus. 350 dollars after taxes. Kpm at target . My customer service at point below target. Did not meet script count target. Store average over 2200 per week

I got my bonus. 350 dollars after taxes. Kpm at target . My customer service at point below target. Did not meet script count target. Store average over 2200 per week

Ouch, bet that made you really want to strive hard to meet the targets...

Got my Bonus: Gross: $7400.00 Crushed my script budget, crushed KPM, did not met MCE but I was close. Scripts budgeted at 2500 per week.

So you see the bonus at CVS is ALL about scripts vs budget

Got my Bonus: Gross: $7400.00 Crushed my script budget, crushed KPM, did not met MCE but I was close. Scripts budgeted at 2500 per week.

What's KPM? Is that like MTM stuff?

That is about what I got as a staff, raise was 3.5% on a ME.

does anyone what is the cap for a CVS pharmacist in CA?
My sup said that the cap in our district is $72. We are in a hard to staff district though. It might be lower in the saturated areas.

$1006.25 (must be prorated - worked 4 months as staff at one store, and 1.5 months as PIC when I transferred to a bottom-100 store for SOS - well below script budget, bad MCE, bad KPM), no raise. This must be all based on the "2013 Incentive Plan" on myHR right?

Woot.