CVS raises

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Damn, I got $3960.00 as a nighttime pill counter (Plus like $200 in $401k match money...ha.)

I'll take that!

Members don't see this ad.

EE and 5% raise. Sup said she would have given me 7-8% but I was capped (or she was restricted by budget from HR). Don't know if true b/c of politics.

Bonuses suck b/c didn't meet budget although met MCE/KPM. Only $5k.

When someone moved from PSA to Tech are they supposed to get a raise?

Members don't see this ad :)
CVS bonuses includes how well you did on MTM? How much of a weight is this? Why do all the clinical/academics hate CVS if they do this?

It's a small amount. Of my 7400.00 bonus, the MTM was about $1200.00

It's a small amount. Of my 7400.00 bonus, the MTM was about $1200.00
What amount did/would you estimate MTMs accrued for your store over the course of the year?

CVS seems to be much more integrated into MTM billing than my large chain...our store is sitting middle of the district (28 stores) at only $900 for FY 2014. This likely will be a much stronger point of emphasis moving forward however.

What amount did/would you estimate MTMs accrued for your store over the course of the year?

CVS seems to be much more integrated into MTM billing than my large chain...our store is sitting middle of the district (28 stores) at only $900 for FY 2014. This likely will be a much stronger point of emphasis moving forward however.

Many pbm contracts are actually moving towards performance based contracting so to be honest MTM "billing" might not have that much relevance for everyone...

CVS doesn't bill for MTM. Our MTM is getting people to refill their scripts.

Refilling prescriptions on time = adherence, no?

Sure. What does that have to do with my statement? My point is CVS does MTM-LIKE activities but we don't bill for them. We makes money by getting people to refill scripts not by billing for CMRs and such.

Sure. What does that have to do with my statement? My point is CVS does MTM-LIKE activities but we don't bill for them. We makes money by getting people to refill scripts not by billing for CMRs and such.

Hmm sorry I didn't mean to antagonize. I believe I said right before you that billing for MTM is soon to be irrelevant anyway.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Very interesting, although I don't fully understand, in terms of CVS are KPM, MTM, and Readyfill percent nearly the same?

Very interesting, although I don't fully understand, in terms of CVS are KPM, MTM, and Readyfill percent nearly the same?

KPM has been rebranded, it now is called mypatienthealth. Readyfill is one piece of it. MTM doesn't really exist as such.

Not universally true. My region does up to 8% for getting state technician license. And then .50 for PTCB

That's not for going from PSA to tech it's for getting the state lisc.

That's not for going from PSA to tech it's for getting the state lisc.

In my region/state the two are one and the same. You move from PSA to tech when you get your state license.

You have techs that aren't state licensed?

In my region/state the two are one and the same. You move from PSA to tech when you get your state license.

You have techs that aren't state licensed?

PA does not have a state lisc. You have to move from PSA to tech in 90 days.

My state has a tech license but you aren't required to have one, which makes me wonder why it exists. I never wasted my time with getting one, though some people actually pay 20k for classes to become a pharm tech and make $8.20 an hour.

My state has a tech license but you aren't required to have one, which makes me wonder why it exists. I never wasted my time with getting one, though some people actually pay 20k for classes to become a pharm tech and make $8.20 an hour.
Come to CA, retail techs make 15-20 here. Hopital techs make 25-30.

Does anyone know what the current Guild for Professional Pharmacists (a pharmacist union here in SoCal) rate is? There's also a new contract being negotiated is it finalized yet? My raises as a PIC has been suck the past 3 years (3%, 2.3%, 2.5%) and my store is always among the top 1/3 of all the stores in the district....

Does anyone know what the current Guild for Professional Pharmacists (a pharmacist union here in SoCal) rate is? There's also a new contract being negotiated is it finalized yet? My raises as a PIC has been suck the past 3 years (3%, 2.3%, 2.5%) and my store is always among the top 1/3 of all the stores in the district....

PIC probably gets paid $65 (city) - 74 (boonies area)/hr in SoCal as of 2014.

Is 3% really that bad of a raise? Almost 2 $, and many other professions are experiencing wage freezes right now. With such raises you'll hit your cap after 6ish years anyway?

Got my Bonus: Gross: $7400.00 Crushed my script budget, crushed KPM, did not met MCE but I was close. Scripts budgeted at 2500 per week.

So you see the bonus at CVS is ALL about scripts vs budget

My bonus this year is only 5500... December killed my script count. I also heard customer service targets was set un realistically for the company...

But I did get a huge bump in pay :D so I'm happy... I'm capped now so part of my raise will be given to me as a lump sum.

My base is closed to 160 k now... And with guarantee holiday pay bc I'm in a 24 hour store, I will be making 162k now without OT. (Not that I want Ot anymore.... The job gets more and more stressful each year).

I hope I get 4 weeks vacation soon... I have been with the company for ten years now. I know they say 15... But I digged up some contract that says other wise.

Owlgrad, congrats! With overnight, you should be getting paid at least 5 dollars more into you base. Both of my overnights are getting a little bit over 150k base and capped... If you are not making at least mid 140k range with 5 years of experience including being a PIC..., something is wrong. Let me know and I can help refer you to my sup... There is also a lot of overnight OT in the city with favors... (Free hours, paid days off for picking up last min shifts, etc).

Last edited:
Unless you have a union contract that states otherwise, you will get 4 weeks of vacation the next year after you complete 14 calender years of employment. This would mean if you started working March 2001, you would begin 4 weeks on January 1st 2016.

So what is the magic cap number in NYC?

EE and 5% raise. Sup said she would have given me 7-8% but I was capped (or she was restricted by budget from HR). Don't know if true b/c of politics.

Bonuses suck b/c didn't meet budget although met MCE/KPM. Only $5k.

Your sup is correct. While a 7-8 percent is possible, (you would have received 5 percent into your salary, and 2.5 percent as a lump sum), it would be hard to have that fly by HR. I think HR and the regional manager has to approve of all raises.

- But if you got EE... and 5 percent, I would say that you are doing well.... especially since you are capped or in 4th quartile. I bet that if she went to HR... and said that you are quitting..., etc.... HR will approve more. But it seemed that she already fought hard for you.

I got EE and was capped for a few years already and highest I saw was 2.5 percent.

Damn you retail rphs are making me jelly with your salaries.

Don't be. There is a reason why CVS compensates so well. Essentially, they are taking away tech hours while doing the work of 1.5 to 2 people at the same time.

I am currently making > 70 an hour. I would rather be paid 50 and have two extra techs at (10/hr) with me.

I don't know. I think it depends on position, volume, etc.

Probably somewhere from 153k to 158k....

The cap is hourly. Your base will changes based on your hours. Regular, Extended or 24 hour store. Number of pharmacists per store (not including overnights).

Lets say you make $65.00 per hour.

Regular store M-F 9AM-9:30 PM Sat 9AM-6PM and Sunday 9AM-5 PM (2 pharmacists): 40 hours per week = $135,200
Extended Hours: M-F 8AM-9:00 PM Sat 9AM-7PM and Sunday 9AM-6 PM (2 pharmacists): 42 hours per week =$141,960.00
Extended Hours: M-F 8AM-9:00 PM Sat 9AM-7PM and Sunday 9AM-6 PM (2 pharmacists+23 floater hours): PIC 44.5 =$150,400
24 hour store 9-9 X 3.5 days per week: 42 hours per week =$141,960.00

So you can't cap dollars, only rate. The reason for the cap is they don't want to compound interest the salary.
I was red lined three years ago but not this year even with a 3% increase and my rate is higher than anything listed in this thread. Next year, who knows.....

Your sup is correct. While a 7-8 percent is possible, (you would have received 5 percent into your salary, and 2.5 percent as a lump sum), it would be hard to have that fly by HR. I think HR and the regional manager has to approve of all raises.

- But if you got EE... and 5 percent, I would say that you are doing well.... especially since you are capped or in 4th quartile. I bet that if she went to HR... and said that you are quitting..., etc.... HR will approve more. But it seemed that she already fought hard for you.

I got EE and was capped for a few years already and highest I saw was 2.5 percent.

I've had EE every year. First year, 3.75%, last year 3.5%, and this year 5%. My sups always said the corporate BS so I don't know what to believe. A lot of politics always are in play with this kind of stuff.

Don't be. There is a reason why CVS compensates so well. Essentially, they are taking away tech hours while doing the work of 1.5 to 2 people at the same time.

I am currently making > 70 an hour. I would rather be paid 50 and have two extra techs at (10/hr) with me.

+1. CVS is really going crazy with cutting tech hours. I can't believe it but MySchedule has the nerve to think a store that does 3500 should only use 250 tech hours.

I really would take a huge paycut if my store (and every store) gets staffed appropriately.

I think we already make enough so a few dollars per hour don't really make a big difference.

+1. CVS is really going crazy with cutting tech hours. I can't believe it but MySchedule has the nerve to think a store that does 3500 should only use 250 tech hours.

I really would take a huge paycut if my store (and every store) gets staffed appropriately.

I think we already make enough so a few dollars per hour don't really make a big difference.

I agree. The thing that irks me is it has not got any better yet. My store's MCE is suffering.... I don't mind if corporate says... we rather save a few bucks and lose on service, but they think one tech and one rph on a Friday night can give every customer a "5" experience with 10 pages in the queue and lines everywhere.

I wonder how the chain is doing as a whole.

We save a few bucks in payroll but lose a lot of scripts... especially when my store does 4k volume.

Apparently my raise is higher than I thought (checked HR). I guess the cap is really high in OC lol.

Apparently my raise is higher than I thought (checked HR). I guess the cap is really high in OC lol.

did u phone call HR or checked on myHR website? i went to myHR compensation tab but 2015 is not up yet.

i finally found the page on myHR. but my new supervisor decided not to give me a raise? is that allowed? should i contact my union rep?

When do your raises actually take effect? I was looking at my paystubs from last year and our fiscal year ends in March, reviews take place in May but my raise didn't actually take effect until August seems like a lot of delays

That total compensation number always shocks me. When they add in all the 401k match, healthcare premium, the bonus, etc.

I'm a floater. I still haven't gotten my review yet, supervisor hasn't mentioned anything regarding any reviews either. I know reviews were done weeks ago for staff pharmacists. Is this normal? I got a review last year - was a different supervisor. Should I call the sup and ask regarding this? Can one even get a raise without a review?

i finally found the page on myHR. but my new supervisor decided not to give me a raise? is that allowed? should i contact my union rep?

Did you meet with your sup? If you didn't, you PIC should have the compensation sheets that he/she can go over with you. If you didn't have a raise, there will be stated reasons for so. I would discuss with your PIC first before going forward.

I'm a floater. I still haven't gotten my review yet, supervisor hasn't mentioned anything regarding any reviews either. I know reviews were done weeks ago for staff pharmacists. Is this normal? I got a review last year - was a different supervisor. Should I call the sup and ask regarding this? Can one even get a raise without a review?

Yes. I never got a review really my first 2 years. You can just ask for compensation sheet, which your PIC can provide easily.

What's a compensation sheet? Never saw one of those.

It's a sheet you receive at your review. Your PIC will get it and give it to the staff RPH if the sup couldn't meet with the staff. It details your raise, current wage, bonuses (what you met and didn't meet), and equity...

It's a sheet you receive at your review. Your PIC will get it and give it to the staff RPH if the sup couldn't meet with the staff. It details your raise, current wage, bonuses (what you met and didn't meet), and equity...

Well I am a PIC and did not get this for my staff RPh, whose review I did. And when my PIC did my review last year I didn't get this. My review was mailed to me this year and I haven't received it yet, so maybe I will get one this year.

Hey guys... where the hell do you check your vacation hours? It was on my last paycheck, but not anymore. I have been looking on myHR forever with no luck. Why does CVS have to make checking your hours so difficult? They were supposed to fix my vacation hours since they messed it up. Thanks for any help!!!

I'm a part time tech and myHR says I have 8 hours PTO. Anyone have any idea how I got these?