CVS supervisor position being eliminated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unless “a smaller amount of stores” is “half the amount of stores” people are losing jobs. Do you know the size of the new districts? Because I think it’s about a 30% reduction.
Roughly 14-18ish stores per district leader. Company went from 400 districts (1 dm 1 sup 800 jobs) to 575 districts. 575 district leaders. About 225 jobs in management cut along with restructure of SVP and AVP’s.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Roughly 14-18ish stores per district leader. Company went from 400 districts (1 dm 1 sup 800 jobs) to 575 districts. 575 district leaders. About 225 jobs in management cut along with restructure of SVP and AVP’s.
Store managers, too, maybe? Some low volume stores are splitting a manager between them, right?

These are all filthy lies that you are spreading and it's totally unfair. Just to enlighten you guys- they are not eliminating the position. They are merely combining the Supervisor and the dM position where one person will be over a smaller amount of stores. The talk about supervisors being fired/told to go back into stores/severance packages are ALL Filthy lies.

"Thank you for correcting the record.

$5 ExtraBucks have been deposited into your account."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry if you took offense, I did not mean any. I'm just being real. I doubt my job will be around in 7-10 years, and neither should many of us here. I'm riding the gravy train for as long as possible and then will move on to the next profession when this one dries up. These fortune 500 companies couldn't care less if we have dependents or terminal illnesses. All they care about is the bottom line. When their profits are down and they see some Rphs making $70+/hr while new grads are making $5X/hr for the same work, what do you think they'll do? Don't take it personally. Every time they cut hours or make layoffs, it's a business decision not a personal one.

No job is secure these days, at least in the private sector. Everyone needs a backup plan. I expect to be laid off in the next few years. That's why my wife and I got a one-income mortgage. We have enough liquid assets to last 2 years if we both lose our jobs tomorrow. In my previous profession, I worked for a mid-size firm of 400+ employees. Everyone thought our jobs and profession were stable, but all of a sudden mass layoffs occurred. I then went to a big company which eventually acquired a mid-size company. They consolidated upper/middle management divisions, and a few months later mass layoffs occurred. That is the same thing that is happening with CVS/Aetna now. This is nothing new or surprising, it's just business. My Dad was laid off as an upper manager in his mid-50s and no company would hire someone that age. Luckily, he saw it coming, prepared, started his own business and kept his same lifestyle until retirement.

So yes, I believe I will feel the same when I lose my Rph job. We just have to prepare the best we can for that day.

Just out of curiosity, if/when you are fired from your pharmacist job, are you planning to go back to school to train for a new career? If so, which one? Just wondering

These are all filthy lies that you are spreading and it's totally unfair. Just to enlighten you guys- they are not eliminating the position. They are merely combining the Supervisor and the dM position where one person will be over a smaller amount of stores. The talk about supervisors being fired/told to go back into stores/severance packages are ALL Filthy lies.

Sounds like you kept your job - congrats.

You have mastered the "spin" of how to take something negative that has happened and make it seem like nothing has happened.

Reactions: 3 users
Store managers, too, maybe? Some low volume stores are splitting a manager between them, right?
Its a huge rumor with SM. Eventually the company will do away with them I feel. Do you really need a manager of something thats 20% of the business if that? Some stores are 85% pharmacy 15% front store. Really need to pay someone 40-75k for that? I’ve heard SM splitting, doing away with them completely and everything in between. We’ll see what happens.

I think it should be based on performance. There are some older pharmacists I have seen work twice as hard running register, drop-off, and answering phones, vs. some of the newer grads who refuse to do anything other than QT and QV.

It's kind of hard NOT to do anything other than QT & QV (phones too) when performance is measured by triage action time & verify on time percentages...and when given high turnover staff that are useless except at pick up until trained.

I will say, overnight is different, these RPhs can act hard working by wasting time at pickup at the opportunity cost of screwing over the night RPh by letting QV build up massively (even QP; in the end, it just snow balls out of control to bite everyone in the ass performance wise but more so for night RPhs who solely have to clean up after these "hard workers" who do not understand opportunity costs of workflow).

Reactions: 2 users
I have been with the company for over a decade and this forum needs to be re-ma,ed the CVS bashing forum. The majority of the topics related to cVS are flat out lies. They are not firing supervisors or demoting simply doing a realignment- PLEASE STOP THE LIES AND FALSE RUMORS!!!!

You are full of it- the night time rph is basically a shift for a lazy or a slow pharmacist. In most cases a night time rph couldn't keep up on a day shift- there are a few exceptions to the rule.

You are full of it- the night time rph is basically a shift for a lazy or a slow pharmacist. In most cases a night time rph couldn't keep up on a day shift- there are a few exceptions to the rule.

There aren't any easy night shift stores anymore. Those all went standard hours. You're doing minimum 10+ pages of Readyfill by yourself, plus other support activities. And because you're the only place open past 9pm now, you are busy until much later than before the mass shut down of 24hr stores. You still get that guaranteed 20 minute break at 3am when the computers reboot, though.

That said...still the best job in the company.

I have been with the company for over a decade and this forum needs to be re-ma,ed the CVS bashing forum. The majority of the topics related to cVS are flat out lies. They are not firing supervisors or demoting simply doing a realignment- PLEASE STOP THE LIES AND FALSE RUMORS!!!!
Larry? Is that you?

Reactions: 4 users

lmao...so a bunch of people got together and lied about this? Surely, there must be a way to verify all this...if only time could tell

It's kind of hard NOT to do anything other than QT & QV (phones too) when performance is measured by triage action time & verify on time percentages...and when given high turnover staff that are useless except at pick up until trained.

I have heard that WeCare will no longer be a part of the scorecard starting January 2018 on the MyStore Health (though it continue to be measured). Anyone confirm this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hahah, I'm 99% positive I know who this is.
I've seen this writing style before on a certain Rx Sup's Twitter and FB.

Personally, I think that everyone who works for the two giant pharmacy chains is complicit in the destruction of our profession.

People who willingly work as metric enforcing goons are an embarrassment to the profession and their schools.

Rx supervisors have no integrity, no professional judgement, nor moral fiber.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if/when you are fired from your pharmacist job, are you planning to go back to school to train for a new career? If so, which one? Just wondering

I expect to be laid off, not fired. You get fired for stealing narcs. You get laid off for reasons beyond your control.

I'd probably move to a lower cost of living area and go back to a traditional low stress office job with a 9-5 Mon-Fri schedule. It was nice having every evening/weekend/holiday off.

It's not. In my region alone, 1 dm and 1 sup were laid off, and 1 dm and sup have to return to stores. You have to understand with the realignment, they can't accomodate everyone.

I have heard that WeCare will no longer be a part of the scorecard starting January 2018 on the MyStore Health (though it continue to be measured). Anyone confirm this?

Yes, it's not part of MSH anymore.

It's not. In my region alone, 1 dm and 1 sup were laid off, and 1 dm and sup have to return to stores. You have to understand with the realignment, they can't accomodate everyone.

Walmart has been realigning markets, as well.

Walmart has been realigning markets, as well.

CVS realigns districts and regions every few years so it's not a new thing. But with the new role consolidation, it sucks that some people have to relocate far in order to keep being a field leader, even across states.

Free 5 gone on the score card and schedule optimization added. CVS doing everything not to pay a bonus
That's so not true-CVS has been making major profit they have no reason to screw it's employees- why all the negativity? If you don't like the company please QUIT- no one is forcing you to stay.

That's so not true-CVS has been making major profit they have no reason to screw it's employees- why all the negativity? If you don't like the company please QUIT- no one is forcing you to stay.
LMAO... Corp has every reason to screw its employees. Man, what kind of kool-aid do they give you? I want some too.

Reactions: 5 users
LMAO... Corp has every reason to screw its employees. Man, what kind of kool-aid do they give you? I want some too.
You must be a liberal??? Always think the rich are trying to screw you over? People who wok in corporate have similar salaries to pharmacist. Everyone in Corporate isn't making Larry Merlo money. You liberals always need someone to blame for your shortcomings.
The average household salary in the U.S is 73k- and when they compute that salary they are including two people working. You guys are making over 100k by yourself and complain because you don't have a tech to answer the phone or because you have to work the cashiers- spoiled brats most of you are-I am glad CVS has metrics that make pharmacist responsible for their work.

What kind of fantasy land capitalistic economy do you think you are participating in? They have a duty by law to maximize the value to stockholders. If there is fat they perceive can be cut, they will cut it. CVS is no different than most other major corporations. They are in the process of a major acquisition as well as gearing up for a fight against Amazon. It sucks, but I get it. I've personally already been laid off by CVS once. Even though they were making profit. They didn't need me anymore and laid me off. It is what it is. There's no reason to put your head in the sand and pretend that some positions aren't being eliminated as they slim down their middle management.

You must be a liberal??? Always think the rich are trying to screw you over? People who wok in corporate have similar salaries to pharmacist. Everyone in Corporate isn't making Larry Merlo money. You liberals always need someone to blame for your shortcomings.
The average household salary in the U.S is 73k- and when they compute that salary they are including two people working. You guys are making over 100k by yourself and complain because you don't have a tech to answer the phone or because you have to work the cashiers- spoiled brats most of you are-I am glad CVS has metrics that make pharmacist responsible for their work.

That's a fantastic strawman you built in your head there.

That's so not true-CVS has been making major profit they have no reason to screw it's employees- ...
You think an entity with more money than they had previously has “no reason” not to give the money away? You’re a legit crazy person.

What kind of fantasy land capitalistic economy do you think you are participating in? They have a duty by law to maximize the value to stockholders. If there is fat they perceive can be cut, they will cut it. CVS is no different than most other major corporations. They are in the process of a major acquisition as well as gearing up for a fight against Amazon. It sucks, but I get it. I've personally already been laid off by CVS once. Even though they were making profit. They didn't need me anymore and laid me off. It is what it is. There's no reason to put your head in the sand and pretend that some positions aren't being eliminated as they slim down their middle management.
Oh HOGWASH!!!! Tell everyone the truth- the only reason you would be laid off is because you under performed. I have never heard of CVS laying off a quality pharmacist because they are rare and the company will by a;ll means find somewhere to place you- you are not being truthful.

Oh HOGWASH!!!! Tell everyone the truth- the only reason you would be laid off is because you under performed. I have never heard of CVS laying off a quality pharmacist because they are rare and the company will by a;ll means find somewhere to place you- you are not being truthful.

Ok...this dude has to be trolling.

LOL omg this is hilarious, pretty sure that someone figured out the password for Rxnupe was IworshipCVS and is using him to troll the hell out of this board (by the way the real rxnupe would never disrespect his company by writing cVS).

CVS brand kool-aid is filled with high fructose corn syrup and will give you cellulite, should lay off it.

Hahah, I'm 99% positive I know who this is.
I've seen this writing style before on a certain Rx Sup's Twitter and FB.

Personally, I think that everyone who works for the two giant pharmacy chains is complicit in the destruction of our profession.

People who willingly work as metric enforcing goons are an embarrassment to the profession and their schools.

Rx supervisors have no integrity, no professional judgement, nor moral fiber.

So, is he an Rx Sup or not? If he is I have never seen one like him.

Is your brain shredded into tiny little pieces? They let so many DM/Sups, AVP, SVP’s go to not pay a bonus. They’re making MSH harder to lower bonus. I actually like CVS and other post members would probably tell you that from my post history. But don’t be an ignorant idiot at the same time and not realize what is going on here.

CVS realigns districts and regions every few years so it's not a new thing. But with the new role consolidation, it sucks that some people have to relocate far in order to keep being a field leader, even across states.

Yes it is a shame that sups and dm's may have to move to maintain a job or have lost it. They have families etc. I think we should all pause for a minute or 2 to express our concern and sadness for them and their families. .. Yeah, that's long enough.

Sounds like you kept your job - congrats.

You have mastered the "spin" of how to take something negative that has happened and make it seem like nothing has happened.

If he is a sup it surprises me. We all need to forward his comments and behavior to HR and cvs corporate. They will love reading them.

So, is he an Rx Sup or not? If he is I have never seen one like him.

It appears that he's just a plebian blue collar store manager.

He probably has a PIC like me who won't take his crap, so he's come on here to vent

It appears that he's just a plebian blue collar store manager.

He probably has a PIC like me who won't take his crap, so he's come on here to vent

Wait he is a front end store manager. Not even a pharmacist? Are you kidding? You can't be correct. So much of his posts are totally fabricated?

Well Mickey who do we believe, you, the person it happened to, or RxNupe, who knows CVS would never do that? It's a tough call for sure.

<Never mind that I personally went through the same culling myself and am perfectly familiar with how they handled the consolidation of overnight pharmacists>

I assure you guys I am not a troll and I am a pharmacist for CVS for many years. I just think many of you guys are overreacting and complaining about having to do "extra" work.. CVS and basically all companies pay pharmacist very well. You guys basically are angry that sometimes you have to answer the phone and run the register- in your little fantasy world you want to get paid 100k and verify 30 scripts a hour- sorry that's not happening.
If you don't like the company -LEAVE!!!!

This guy gets it.

I assure you guys I am not a troll and I am a pharmacist for CVS for many years. I just think many of you guys are overreacting and complaining about having to do "extra" work.. CVS and basically all companies pay pharmacist very well. You guys basically are angry that sometimes you have to answer the phone and run the register- in your little fantasy world you want to get paid 100k and verify 30 scripts a hour- sorry that's not happening.

If your not a pharmacist why are you on this forum? Don't they have front end manager forums?
Not selling cigarettes must have a blow to your front end sales? Were you able to recover them?

Apparently I live in a fantasy world. LOL.

In your post history, you previously said you got fired in 2014.

Which is it?

Apparently I live in a fantasy world. LOL.

In your post history, you previously said you got fired in 2014.

Which is it?

Well , some people like to play "Let's Pretend". Usually its small children. But some adults with nothing to do like to troll to see what response they can get. Maybe his favorite soap opera isn't on yet. Probably bored.

You sound like some tech who can’t get into pharmacy school. I see a common theme - 100 k, picking up the phone and running the register. Everything tech hates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users

Are you a tech or front end store employee? That's exactly what they would say.

Buddy, I’ve been working for CVS for a little over 2 years. I answer the phones, help out production and cashiering, and verify far more than 30 scripts an hour. I like the area, my coworkers , manager, and supervisor.Even I have to say that you are living in a fantasyland.

Are changes to Supervisor role done yet?

Are changes to Supervisor role done yet?

Basically everyone knows His/her new role, but the actual change won’t go into effect until after the New Years.