This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does CVS give same vacation time to new grad pharmacists hired internally as externally?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

BecauseWhyNot?!

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how vacation time gets determined at CVS. I have been with CVS for 5 years as a part-time tech and intern and am graduating in May. I was told my part-time time does not count towards any vacation time. However, I know pharmacists that have started off with 3 weeks paid vacation that were in the same position as I am with CVS. Can anyone else share if they experienced this? I was also told this is non-negotiable?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knew how vacation time gets determined at CVS. I have been with CVS for 5 years as a part-time tech and intern and am graduating in May. I was told my part-time time does not count towards any vacation time. However, I know pharmacists that have started off with 3 weeks paid vacation that were in the same position as I am with CVS. Can anyone else share if they experienced this? I was also told this is non-negotiable?

Thank you in advance!

Look at your hire date on myhr, vacation accrual is based on that regardless if part time or full. I myself started with 3 weeks of vacation (now at 4) since I started as a tech in highschool.

Reactions: 1 user
Look at your hire date on myhr, vacation accrual is based on that regardless if part time or full. I myself started with 3 weeks of vacation (now at 4) since I started as a tech in highschool.
That’s what I thought too! My DL told me it doesn’t count since it wasn’t full-time, but I’ve heard exactly what you’re saying. And does the vacation time show up on the offer letter? Or how do you find out how much you get?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is correct with the major corps. Unless they just changed it recently, your DL is a prick trying to change your vacation... call the benefits office directly. Your employment should be continuous with no termination... if you quit, generally you start from 0.

This is correct with the major corps. Unless they just changed it recently, your DL is a prick trying to change your vacation... call the benefits office directly. Your employment should be continuous with no termination... if you quit, generally you start from 0.
Would that be calling HR? Because when I called them, they said it only counts if you were full time, but I know people that were in the same position as me and got 3 weeks off the bat.

Hey everyone,

Thank you in advance!

From what I recently found out, being hired from a part timer to full time around this time of year you'll get a pro-rated vacation time. Once the new year hits, we'll get our full hours on vacations depending on how many years with the company. Login on myHR, go to your profile and it should show how many hours you have as of now until next year.

From what I recently found out, being hired from a part timer to full time around this time of year you'll get a pro-rated vacation time. Once the new year hits, we'll get our full hours on vacations depending on how many years with the company. Login on myHR, go to your profile and it should show how many hours you have as of now until next year.
It only tells me my mandated sick time, that's not vacation time right?

Are you currently at FT or still PT? That might be the difference. If you're PT as a pharmacist, you most likely don't have vacation benefits. If you're FT and worked for 5 years with the company, you should have 3 weeks of vacation. I don't remember if it's immediately or after a 90 day period (I think FT benefits requires a 90 day period to become effective). I started out as a tech and when I reached my 5 year mark with the company I was given 3 weeks (I was a pharmacist by that point).

Edit:
Not sure about the mandated sick day. As far as I know, CVS doesn't limit how much sick days a person can take. However, attendance policy did change this year so there is a limit. Just no a well defined one. When I look at myhr there's only vacation time and no mention of sick days.

Are you currently at FT or still PT? That might be the difference. If you're PT as a pharmacist, you most likely don't have vacation benefits. If you're FT and worked for 5 years with the company, you should have 3 weeks of vacation. I don't remember if it's immediately or after a 90 day period (I think FT benefits requires a 90 day period to become effective). I started out as a tech and when I reached my 5 year mark with the company I was given 3 weeks (I was a pharmacist by that point).

Edit:
Not sure about the mandated sick day. As far as I know, CVS doesn't limit how much sick days a person can take. However, attendance policy did change this year so there is a limit. Just no a well defined one. When I look at myhr there's only vacation time and no mention of sick days.
I’m currently an intern with the company and I will graduate in May, at which point it will be 5 years since I started as part time with the company. And I’m basing the question off a full time position, which hopefully I’ll be offered

I’m currently an intern with the company and I will graduate in May, at which point it will be 5 years since I started as part time with the company. And I’m basing the question off a full time position, which hopefully I’ll be offered

Yes once you get promoted to full-time you will see vacation hours. Hope this helps

Reactions: 1 users