CVS vs Publix benefits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southbound TRx

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im an intern for CVS right now, anyway, I want to know the financial benefits of cvs vs publix or any other retail pharmcy.

CVS: Currently for me I can do a ESPP which I can buy stocks at 15% discount up to 15% of my paycheck.
My 401 they will match up to 5% of my paycheck. I live in Florida and the area i live in the pharmacist start at 55/hr. I know the pharmacist receive quarterly stock bonus based on their performance but do not know details regarding bonus with stock and if cvs even offers standard cash bonus.

My question is what retail shop offers better compensation and benefits. I know publix is good i just don't know the details.

Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Publix matches up to ~$600 for 401k. A pittance really. But in place of that, they provide employees ~9% of Publix stock to the employees. From what I've seen of recent years, their stock has been doing decently well with a general upward trend.
Pharmacy managers there also get quarterly bonuses based on their inventory. Finally, all employees get a holiday bonus (I think it's around 2 week's pay but deduct like 50% due to tax).

Feel free to correct me as my information is a little dated.

But to be perfectly frank, even if they overall pay and benefits were better at CVS, I'd still choose Publix just because of the quality of life over there.

fuk cvs and all that noise...i'd pick publix as well