CWRU or Ohio State???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bs1299

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need a little help, which one would you go to, keep in mind i am a resident so going to OSU would save me 15,000/ year. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

OSU. Money is money. No way around it.

Case Western is a great school, but go to ohio state hands down. Save your bread and you will have that money you saved to spend on a practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if i wanted to specialize, which school is better, cwru or OSU?? And if it's CWRU, would it be worth the extra money??

You are going to get tons of clinical work at Case Western. You will actually start putting sealants on kids during your first semester and gradually gain more clinical training from there on, unlike waiting till the 3rd year like most schools. You will also have your own operatory, so no fighting for chairs. I think CWRU was a fabulous school when i interviewed. If money isn't an object i would say go to Cleveland. I just think you would be better off saving your money and going to Ohio State. My opinion is, you shouldn't choose a school based on an interest to specialize. You may change your mind once you get in school, not be able to perform well enough or various other reasons which can prevent you from specializing. That can be an expensive decision. No matter which school you go to you still have to work your butt off. Both schools probably have had many students go on to specialize. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Go Buckeyes National Champs!

Both schools are great choices. However, go to the school that you feel the best comfort in. You cannot specialize unless you feel totally comfortable with the school. The school can be top notch and if you do not like the atmosphere then that is gonna spoil your chances. I don't think Ohio is arrogant like some other state schools. I would side with Ohio, but I do hear that Case is awesome as well and early exposure to patient care will definately help you.

DesiDentist