SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

CWRU - Secondary App

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by Simon, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Simon

Simon Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Michigan
    Hi Guys,

I got an e-mail today from Case Western Reserve University inviting me to fill out a secondary application. The funny thing is that my AMCAS application hasn't been processed yet! How can this be?

Also, one of the things that they ask for is a list of all the med schools to which I'm applying. I thought that it was taboo for med schools to ask for this....

~Simon

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jot

jot

hey - they don't screen and use the preliminary data that amcas has (before they verify - just name and e-mail) - so just fill it out eventually. the 2 week deadline is loose, but it refers to when you get the paper app. i'm not sure about the schools too - i'm not very comfortable letting them know where i'm applying for some reason - but i dunno about lying to them (or omitting). what do you oldskool kids have to say about that?

-jot

4. Vader

Vader Dark Lord of the Sith Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jun 4, 2001
    That's strange they ask on the secondary. Some interviewers will ask what other programs you are applying to. It's always a tricky deal whether to reveal that sort of information. Personally, I had no problem divulging, but I don't know what the consequences of that were... still got in at some of those schools. I wouldn't worry about it too much. :D

5. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Mar 14, 2002
    the beach
    "Where else are you applying?" That is the most evil thing to ask... But you know what, everyone in this game is applying to a whole bunch of schools, so what do they expect to hear? I can't imagine how you would answer incorrectly (30+ schools?).