CWRU - Secondary App

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I got an e-mail today from Case Western Reserve University inviting me to fill out a secondary application. The funny thing is that my AMCAS application hasn't been processed yet! How can this be?

Also, one of the things that they ask for is a list of all the med schools to which I'm applying. I thought that it was taboo for med schools to ask for this....

~Simon

Members don't see this ad.

hey - they don't screen and use the preliminary data that amcas has (before they verify - just name and e-mail) - so just fill it out eventually. the 2 week deadline is loose, but it refers to when you get the paper app. i'm not sure about the schools too - i'm not very comfortable letting them know where i'm applying for some reason - but i dunno about lying to them (or omitting). what do you oldskool kids have to say about that?

-jot

That's strange they ask on the secondary. Some interviewers will ask what other programs you are applying to. It's always a tricky deal whether to reveal that sort of information. Personally, I had no problem divulging, but I don't know what the consequences of that were... still got in at some of those schools. I wouldn't worry about it too much. :D

"Where else are you applying?" That is the most evil thing to ask... But you know what, everyone in this game is applying to a whole bunch of schools, so what do they expect to hear? I can't imagine how you would answer incorrectly (30+ schools?).