Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiving cash around saves me, or my dad rather, from doing that.

Will your dad adopt me?

Members don't see this ad.

cyclo...congrats...

This thread in your honor has to be the least pharmacy related and most threadjacked ever!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
cyclo...congrats...

This thread in your honor has to be the least pharmacy related and most threadjacked ever!:thumbup:

Thank you. :taking a bow: I am truly honored to have this thread in my name. :tear:

He's only 8 years older than you, but if you really want him too......I'd love to have a big brother!!!

hmmm...I think he would be closer to being my big brother than me being a big brother to you..and considering most of my good buddies are 9 yearls older than I am..

hmmm...I think he would be closer to being my big brother than me being a big brother to you..and considering most of my good buddies are 9 yearls older than I am..

:D

So? This has nothing to do with TODAY. Here's a stat for you:

BCS Out-Of-Conference Records

BIG EAST 32-8, 80.0 %

SEC 26-7, 78.8 %

BIG10 28-11, 71.8 %

PAC10 19-8, 70.4 %

BIG12 33-15, 68.8 %

ACC 25-12, 67.6 %

Hahaha.

I'l grant you OSU, UM, and Wiscky. Iowa is nothing and Penn State is on the decline. Iowa almost got beat by lowly Syracuse at home. Please. WVU just put up 461 yards rushing on those dolts.

Dood, strength of schedule by another analysis. I see 4 teams from Big Easy in the bottom 9... all teams you claim "power house" and your WV at the bottom of the list in NCAA D-1...

111. Missouri (5-1) -0.342
112. Rutgers (5-0) -0.382
113. Kent (5-2) -0.385
114. Pittsburgh (5-1) -0.388
115. Boise State (6-0) -0.414
116. San Jose State (3-1) -0.419
117. Clemson (6-1) -0.453
118. Louisville (6-0) -0.608
119. West Virginia (5-0) -0.676

TeamRankings Web

Southlake Carroll ... TX HS state 5A champ could be 5-0 with that SS

Dood, strength of schedule by another analysis. I see 4 teams from Big Easy in the bottom 9... all teams you claim "power house" and your WV at the bottom of the list in NCAA D-1...

111. Missouri (5-1) -0.342
112. Rutgers (5-0) -0.382
113. Kent (5-2) -0.385
114. Pittsburgh (5-1) -0.388
115. Boise State (6-0) -0.414
116. San Jose State (3-1) -0.419
117. Clemson (6-1) -0.453
118. Louisville (6-0) -0.608
119. West Virginia (5-0) -0.676

TeamRankings Web

Southlake Carroll ... TX HS state 5A champ could be 5-0 with that SS

Yeah, according to Sagarin's ******ed computer. I still see you haven't successfully proven to me that it is truely an objective rating. The idiot has Cal at #3. How does a team with a loss to Tennesee rate in at #3? AHEAD of Tennessee? WVU at #11? Please. If you buy his crap rankings, you're nuts.

Yeah, according to Sagarin's ******ed computer. I still see you haven't successfully proven to me that it is truely an objective rating. The idiot has Cal at #3. How does a team with a loss to Tennesee rate in at #3? AHEAD of Tennessee? WVU at #11? Please. If you buy his crap rankings, you're nuts.

It's not Sagarin. It's Mike Greenfield. I hear he's a WV grad...:smuggrin:

Cal today is not the same team that played TN...just like Arkansas today is not the same team that played SC. I say Cal tears up WVU..:smuggrin: Cal will beat SC this year. Bookmark this page.

Ooooooh! Christmas shopping...I can't wait! While we're not talking pharmacy...find any good sales yet SDN77? :D

I offer my wife all my credit cards if she will leave me alone on Saturdays...during college football season. Actually my family is not allowed to talk to me on Saturdays..if they have something to say..it better be something about the game...and they better not be talking to me in the middle of a play.:smuggrin:

It's not Sagarin. It's Mike Greenfield. I hear he's a WV grad...:smuggrin:

It's still objective. It's impossible to know how good your schedule is until the end of the season.

Cal today is not the same team that played TN...just like Arkansas today is not the same team that played SC.

Yeah, every team improves.

I say Cal tears up WVU..:smuggrin: Cal will beat SC this year. Bookmark this page.

I've seen Cal play. Their offense could hang with WVU for a half, maybe. Their defense couldn't contain WVU. No way, no how. And I don't doubt Cal beats USC. Because USC isn't unbeatable. By a long shot. They're still the favorite in the PAC-10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dood...Cal's defense is stout enough...

SpirivaSunrise...

Why should I use Spiriva over Ipratropium in an inpatient setting?

Ooooooh! Christmas shopping...I can't wait! While we're not talking pharmacy...find any good sales yet SDN77? :D

Oh gosh! I've been with my mom - 87yo s/p hemiarthroplasty for a R fracture below the head of the femur......

So....she's home w/ nothing to do...Usually we go Christmas shopping this time of year - she has 5 grandchildren & still shops for all of them & us too.

So...we "shopped" 2 days ago.....internet shopped. She loved it!!!! (she'd never done it before).

I told my MSII medical student daughter I took her grandmother Christmas shopping - she was horrified I'd do such a thing:D (she takes her school waaaay too seriously) until I told her we did the internet mall.....:laugh:

Gawd....if only I could be as spirited at 87 as she is:p !

I offer my wife all my credit cards if she will leave me alone on Saturdays...during college football season. Actually my family is not allowed to talk to me on Saturdays..if they have something to say..it better be something about the game...and they better not be talking to me in the middle of a play.:smuggrin:

You OFFER!!!:eek: Dear Sir...you again & again demonstrate how well we do our jobs:D .

Your dear, dear wife is an accountant....she knows exactly what credit cards she will & will not use....she just lets you think you are having any control over your Saturday. :D

But...you truly are a PRINCE among dops who can get the holiday schedule out by Oct 16 & make everyone happy. Your employees thank you - their husbands thank you - their kids thank you.:love:

So...you have another male pharmacist......what do you guys talk about - hmmmmmm..........football??????:confused:

You OFFER!!!:eek: Dear Sir...you again & again demonstrate how well we do our jobs:D .

Your dear, dear wife is an accountant....she knows exactly what credit cards she will & will not use....she just lets you think you are having any control over your Saturday. :D

But...you truly are a PRINCE among dops who can get the holiday schedule out by Oct 16 & make everyone happy. Your employees thank you - their husbands thank you - their kids thank you.:love:

So...you have another male pharmacist......what do you guys talk about - hmmmmmm..........football??????:confused:

Actually... she give me an allowance...stuffs a few $20s in my wallet...so I don't run out. She's a good girl.

So my new pharmacist... I used to work with him before at a different hospital... he's a retired VA pharmacy director.. but early to mid 50's...he's a USC grad.. South Carolina Gamecock that is...

So, while back...USC Trojans went to play USC gamecocks in South Carolina..there were bumper stickers made for the game..

"Aint No Trojan Big Enough for This Cock" I think we beat the heck out them... in football that is.

I'm really happy about the schedule... since I have a very very low turover in the department... I think we'll be ok till Jan of 2007. I had 1 person resign.. he went out and opened a brand new pharmacy on his own..I'm so proud of him.

Oh..my new pharmacist...he likes to sail..and I like to fly..so we talk about flying and sailing.. he slides sailing magazines in my office...and I put airplane magazine on his pile...

Pac-10 seems to have weak defense. But the truth is Pac-10 and their Pro-Set offense... produces quality NFL QBs..along with high scoring offense which makes it look like we have poor defense..

SpirivaSunrise...

Why should I use Spiriva over Ipratropium in an inpatient setting?

1) The nurses can't be trusted to give the patient a dose of anything more frequently than once daily. Four times a day is a risk.

2) Spiriva reps bring you food. Atrovent reps give you pens.

3) Spiriva sounds cooler.

4) The look on people's faces when you tell them to inhale a capsule is priceless.

Actually... she give me an allowance...stuffs a few $20s in my wallet...so I don't run out. She's a good girl.

So my new pharmacist... I used to work with him before at a different hospital... he's a retired VA pharmacy director.. but early to mid 50's...he's a USC grad.. South Carolina Gamecock that is...

So, while back...USC Trojans went to play USC gamecocks in South Carolina..there were bumper stickers made for the game..

"Aint No Trojan Big Enough for This Cock" I think we beat the heck out them... in football that is.

I'm really happy about the schedule... since I have a very very low turover in the department... I think we'll be ok till Jan of 2007. I had 1 person resign.. he went out and opened a brand new pharmacy on his own..I'm so proud of him.

See - admitting you have a problem brings you closer to the solution...we women control the situation & in yours its for the price of a few $20's..:D Now don't you feel better???? (oh wait...Jan 2007 - 4 months from now - who is due to get pregnant??? - your happiness will be short lived!).

Do you realize...you've also set yourself up for an example in your new hire?.....I can see you, 10 years from now, unable to keep yourself from acute care - I know....I'm there & just like your new guy......you can't help yourself asking that question...why is XYZ drug worth the extra money - by then you'll think azithromycin is a cheap & preferential alternative...:laugh:

You won't retire...you'll just cut back. Good pharmacists never retire...we just cut back....as long as we have good dops!!!!!;) I can't wait to see it!

1) The nurses can't be trusted to give the patient a dose of anything more frequently than once daily. Four times a day is a risk.

2) Spiriva reps bring you food. Atrovent reps give you pens.

3) Spiriva sounds cooler.

4) The look on people's faces when you tell them to inhale a capsule is priceless.

1. That's why respiratory therapist performs respiratory treatment.
2. We don't need no stinking food.
3. Zpacksux sounds cooler than all.
4. That's how heimlick maneuver was invented...inhalation of capsules.. getting stuck.

Yup, a stationary brick wall Pat White would just run around and laugh at.

Seriously, the only defense in the nation that could hang with Slaton/White is Michigan. I PRAY WVU never plays them.

Prepare yourself for a major disappointment. Texas defense will stuff WVU. And so will USC.

cyclo...congrats...

Cyclo...truly - you need a medal for this thread!!!!

I've not even gone where Zpak went with his "Trojan" reference to his pharmacist...goodness....what is it about these guys...they can turn every football related thing into a pharmacy related thing???

Is it you or them:confused: ?

Will this last until the Rose Bowl????

1. That's why respiratory therapist performs respiratory treatment.
Ok, new #1:

1. You have to employ less resp. therapists.

2. We don't need no stinking food.

I do.

3. Zpacksux sounds cooler than all.

I actually agree. I miss Vioxx. That sounded like the name of a guy that steals people's kidneys and sells them on the black market for a living.

4. That's how heimlick maneuver was invented...inhalation of capsules.. getting stuck.
It was?

See - admitting you have a problem brings you closer to the solution...we women control the situation & in yours its for the price of a few $20's..:D Now don't you feel better???? (oh wait...Jan 2007 - 4 months from now - who is due to get pregnant??? - your happiness will be short lived!).

Do you realize...you've also set yourself up for an example in your new hire?.....I can see you, 10 years from now, unable to keep yourself from acute care - I know....I'm there & just like your new guy......you can't help yourself asking that question...why is XYZ drug worth the extra money - by then you'll think azithromycin is a cheap & preferential alternative...:laugh:

You won't retire...you'll just cut back. Good pharmacists never retire...we just cut back....as long as we have good dops!!!!!;) I can't wait to see it!

You may be right... we shall see. Actually he and I decided we'll probably retire at the same time...

Pregnancy you say? Tough luck... that staff will be working till she has an episiotomy... heck..she can mix her own pitocin...or get her own cervidil...
hang her own lactated ringer...and run it at 125ml/hr.

Cyclo...truly - you need a medal for this thread!!!!

I've not even gone where Zpak went with his "Trojan" reference to his pharmacist...goodness....what is it about these guys...they can turn every football related thing into a pharmacy related thing???

Is it you or them:confused: ?

Will this last until the Rose Bowl????

No...it'll go until the Fiesta Bowl... :thumbup:

I want my SC there!!

Ok, new #1:

1. You have to employ less resp. therapists.

I do.

I actually agree. I miss Vioxx. That sounded like the name of a guy that steals people's kidneys and sells them on the black market for a living.

It was?

#4. NO dood..I was kidding.

Prepare yourself for a major disappointment. Texas defense will stuff WVU. And so will USC.

What makes you say that? WVU has the best center in college and a top 5 O-line. The WRs are block-first. Slaton/White are deadly. What about UT or USC makes you say that?

I ask because Georgia fans said the same thing. They touted their #3 rated rush defense that faced SEC opponents all year. About how Slaton had never seen such an awesome defense. That team has 8 guys in the NFL right now. Slaton rolled off 220 yards on them.

People are quick to say that without any logic to back it up or actual analysis of individual players/LB corps/whathaveyou.

I say Michigan scare sme because they have tough, smart, FAST defenders that might actually be good enough.

Well,

I say that from an intuiton of being a college football fan over 30 years. Football programs rise and fall. But the success of any program depends on the quality recruits. There are 30 blue chips every year... USC and TX combined have raked in 30 percent of those guys every year for the past 4 years...

Coaching is important. But recruiting is the key. The amount talent and depth at USC and Texas is better than most.. OSU is up there and Florida is up there...

But how did OSU beat Texas? Better QB. Everything being equal... the team with better QB will win. Texas beat OSU last year... Vincy Young was a freak.. Well, then again, Texas beat USC last year... but was VY better than Leinart? That night he was.

This year OSU beat Texas... Troy Smith is much better than Colt McCoy. If Texas had VY or Leinart....they would have torn up OSU.

The speed and depth of defense for both Texas and USC is phenomenal...
And because of the talent and depth will overtake the emotional high of WVU..

Don't get me wrong...WVU is on the rise..reminds me of Utah with Urban Meyer.. and you see how fast they fell once Urban left.

You bettern donate money and pay RR 3 mil a year if you're going to keep him... He may end up in Miami.

Cool, you can see WVU play the next week, too.

You know what I meant.. BCS championship game.. in Tempe.. where Fiesta Bowl is usually played...

WVU probably wont make it to the championhip even if you go undefeated....you need to get out of the Big Easy.. and schedule tougher oponents.. Take USC... we played Arkansas, Nebraska, and have Notre Dame..

You may be right... we shall see. Actually he and I decided we'll probably retire at the same time...

Pregnancy you say? Tough luck... that staff will be working till she has an episiotomy... heck..she can mix her own pitocin...or get her own cervidil...
hang her own lactated ringer...and run it at 125ml/hr.

tough talk...hah! I know better. You are such a nice guy you'll pick up 2 extra evening shifts just so she can take a lighter load....:p

I do worry.....you don't bet on these games do you????? What is that drug they are using off-label for gambling addiction???;) You & WVU may need to be support buddies..:D

tough talk...hah! I know better. You are such a nice guy you'll pick up 2 extra evening shifts just so she can take a lighter load....:p

I do worry.....you don't bet on these games do you????? What is that drug they are using off-label for gambling addiction???;) You & WVU may need to be support buddies..:D

Oh...I don't gamble...

Just few bucks on golf... or for a beer.

Has anyone seen my garden gnome?

Well,

I say that from an intuiton of being a college football fan over 30 years. Football programs rise and fall. But the success of any program depends on the quality recruits. There are 30 blue chips every year... USC and TX combined have raked in 30 percent of those guys every year for the past 4 years...

Sometimess those ratings are gold, sometimes they are not. Don't forget that ratings don't take into consideration how well players fall into a SYSTEM.

Pat White was a 1-star recruit out of high school.
Steve Slaton was a 3-star.

WVU got this kid named Jason Gwaltney the same year they got Slaton that was rated 5-stars. Gwaltney is in community college now.

Coaching is important. But recruiting is the key. The amount talent and depth at USC and Texas is better than most.. OSU is up there and Florida is up there...

Do you have any idea what depth WVU and Louisville have? Heck, UL's starting RB and QB go down, the second string comes in, and they don't lose a beat. Who else in the nation could do that? WVU has more depth than you think at key positions. The O-line is hella deep. As is the LB corps and the Dline. Defensive secondary is thin, but the only glaring deficiency. WRs are thin in theory, but the WR position at WVU is different than anywhere else in the country. The best blockers start. Behind White is another Shifty QB named Jarrett Brown who has showed promise in limited duty this year.

But how did OSU beat Texas? Better QB. Everything being equal... the team with better QB will win. Texas beat OSU last year... Vincy Young was a freak.. Well, then again, Texas beat USC last year... but was VY better than Leinart? That night he was.
This year OSU beat Texas... Troy Smith is much better than Colt McCoy. If Texas had VY or Leinart....they would have torn up OSU.

Uh, no. OSU won because they are better that Texas in all three phases. If Texas had Young, they would have still lost. The QB is important, but overrated. If you have a solid O-line it is just as important.

Don't get me wrong...WVU is on the rise..reminds me of Utah with Urban Meyer.. and you see how fast they fell once Urban left.

You bettern donate money and pay RR 3 mil a year if you're going to keep him... He may end up in Miami.

They said that about Nehlen, too, after he got WVU to the highest peaks in '88 when they played for the nat'l championship. RichRod is a West Virginian, born and raised. The only other job he would leave for is the NFL. The difference between Meyer at UF and RichRod at WVU is that WVU has the opportunity to be the "New Miami" of the Big East. BCS bowl year in, year out. Can't do that at Utah. Don't sleep on the Big East.

Wanstedt at Pitt got the #8 recruiting class last year (you like refering to that, right?) and is set to do it again this year. WVU is getting NASTY athletes already this year in recruiting. The #1 D-lineman in the nation, from my hometown of Parkersburg, WV has already verbaled to WVU. Louisville is becoming a monster. Rutgers is starting to get noticed in NYC and NJ with Schiano in charge.

Watch out. The Big East will be a monster very,very soon.

Sometimess those ratings are gold, sometimes they are not. Don't forget that ratings don't take into consideration how well players fall into a SYSTEM.

Pat White was a 1-star recruit out of high school.
Steve Slaton was a 3-star.

WVU got this kid named Jason Gwaltney the same year they got Slaton that was rated 5-stars. Gwaltney is in community college now.

Do you have any idea what depth WVU and Louisville have? Heck, UL's starting RB and QB go down, the second string comes in, and they don't lose a beat. Who else in the nation could do that? WVU has more depth than you think at key positions. The O-line is hella deep. As is the LB corps and the Dline. Defensive secondary is thin, but the only glaring deficiency. WRs are thin in theory, but the WR position at WVU is different than anywhere else in the country. The best blockers start. Behind White is another Shifty QB named Jarrett Brown who has showed promise in limited duty this year.

Uh, no. OSU won because they are better that Texas in all three phases. If Texas had Young, they would have still lost. The QB is important, but overrated. If you have a solid O-line it is just as important.

They said that about Nehlen, too, after he got WVU to the highest peaks in '88 when they played for the nat'l championship. RichRod is a West Virginian, born and raised. The only other job he would leave for is the NFL. The difference between Meyer at UF and RichRod at WVU is that WVU has the opportunity to be the "New Miami" of the Big East. BCS bowl year in, year out. Can't do that at Utah. Don't sleep on the Big East.

Wanstedt at Pitt got the #8 recruiting class last year (you like refering to that, right?) and is set to do it again this year. WVU is getting NASTY athletes already this year in recruiting. The #1 D-lineman in the nation, from my hometown of Parkersburg, WV has already verbaled to WVU. Louisville is becoming a monster. Rutgers is starting to get noticed in NYC and NJ with Schiano in charge.

Watch out. The Big East will be a monster very,very soon.

1 year of good recruiting helps. 2 years of good recruting can build a champion. 3 years of good recruiting makes a powerhouse. but it takes years of solid recruiting to build a dynasty. You guys have ways to go... and WVU looks good because you beat up on easy opponents. If you had Notre Dame's schedule... you wouldn't be 6 and 0.

Texas, OSU, USC are dynasties.. OU almost had it... Nebraska and Miami had it... Notre Dame had it... Florida and FSU...

And who knows..in 5 years..we'll include WVU... or we can look back and think..mang..if RR stayed...WVU could've...would've.. :smuggrin:

btw..both Vince Young and Reggie Bush were 5 stars....

good job forced - another hijack! Is anyone counting??? Cyclo - where are you???:D
Can't....stop.....laughing.......

This one should almost be stickied.

ThreadHijack.jpg

I say, screw sanctions. Let's show Kim Jung Il who is boss. (Can you tell I'm watching the news?)

1 year of good recruiting helps. 2 years of good recruting can build a champion. 3 years of good recruiting makes a powerhouse. but it takes years of solid recruiting to build a dynasty. You guys have ways to go... and WVU looks good because you beat up on easy opponents.

Well, they are coming up on the meat of their schedule, so we'll see.

If you had Notre Dame's schedule... you wouldn't be 6 and 0.

Yes they would. Nobody on their schedule up to this point is that elite.

Texas, OSU, USC are dynasties.. OU almost had it... Nebraska and Miami had it... Notre Dame had it... Florida and FSU...

And who knows..in 5 years..we'll include WVU... or we can look back and think..mang..if RR stayed...WVU could've...would've.. :smuggrin:
Ok.

btw..both Vince Young and Reggie Bush were 5 stars....
Like I said, sometimes it's gold, sometimes it's off.

If you had Notre Dame's schedule... you wouldn't be 6 and 0.

Yes they would. Nobody on their schedule up to this point is that elite.

Have you heard of this team ... hmmm...they wear Blue and Yellow..can't recall.. hmmm. oh.. Michigan? No way WVU beats the Wolverines.

Another loss would be against SC in LA.

I say, screw sanctions. Let's show Kim Jung Il who is boss. (Can you tell I'm watching the news?)

Only losers watch the news.. Winners watch the Golf Channel and/or ESPN..FSN.. FCS..