Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry about AD.

I guess we've seen him for the last time as a sooner.

He'll do great in the NFL! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a troll post??????:p or....is it all this college football (otherwise disguised as pharmacy...) talk;) ?

I hope this makes some sense to someone, because its all Greek (truly....I know some Latin:( ) to me!

STOP!!!! before I have to call in banana! (ooops - I think she's part of this whole college football thing too....:rolleyes: )

:D Have a great weekend with your teams....where are you WVU?????:confused:

You know I don't troll.

AD is a nick name for Oklahoma RunningBack Great Adrian Peterson. He broke his collar bone on a touchdown run which was meaningless because OU was way ahead of Iowa State.

He's done for the season now and expected to go to NFL next spring.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know I don't troll.

AD is a nick name for Oklahoma RunningBack Great Adrian Peterson. He broke his collar bone on a touchdown run which was meaningless because OU was way ahead of Iowa State.

He's done for the season now and expected to go to NFL next spring.

JOKING!!!!! Are you taking this waaaaaay too seriously????

btw....I'm watching the SC/ASU game....within a few points of tying I hear (I'm doing dishes:( ). Will ASU catch you???

Please...forgive me - I know NOTHING about college football.....I think we established that a few threads back:p .

I'm just giving you some Sat night :p ......Have fun!

btw....I'm on post-op/post-rehab time w/ my mom w/ a hemiarthroplasty of the R hip......I'm reduced to college football!:(

I'm also watching SC vs ASU game..

We're not looking very good....

nope....third quarter has been bad for the CA guys - what's wrong???:eek:

I want to punch Leak in the face. Sorry Z, I am now forced to cheer for the Sun Devils.

I want to punch Leak in the face. Sorry Z, I am now forced to cheer for the Sun Devils.

Does this make sense to anyone????? Honestly...you guys all speak football-speak!!!! And I like football...:D

Who is Leak & why do we want to punch him???:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, ASU was actually toe to toe with USC tonight...I was hoping for an upset, but too bad we still lost. I go to ASU btw, so I'm a Sun Devils fan.

Anybody watch the Florida/Auburn game? Now that Florida has lost, USC is in the hunt for the campionship once again. But They might have a tough time later on in the season with Cal and Oregon. SC obviously isn't as good as they use to be...they even struggled with Washingont and Washington St. and now ASU. It's going to be interesting to see how they do against top caliber teams like cal and oregon. I personally like SC, but I just don't know if they can do it again. And I just wish that ASU would win a game against a top 25 team, but they always fail to do so...pisses me off.

careful now before Miami knocks you all in the grill

Coker is a toast.. lack of control over his players..

That's humiliating for your institution.

:thumbdown:

Done for the season? I broke my clavicle in two places in high school and I was only done for 10 weeks. I was back the week before playoffs. He may be back for the bowl.

Wow, ASU was actually toe to toe with USC tonight...I was hoping for an upset, but too bad we still lost. I go to ASU btw, so I'm a Sun Devils fan.

Anybody watch the Florida/Auburn game? Now that Florida has lost, USC is in the hunt for the campionship once again. But They might have a tough time later on in the season with Cal and Oregon. SC obviously isn't as good as they use to be...they even struggled with Washingont and Washington St. and now ASU. It's going to be interesting to see how they do against top caliber teams like cal and oregon. I personally like SC, but I just don't know if they can do it again. And I just wish that ASU would win a game against a top 25 team, but they always fail to do so...pisses me off.

Every team except Arkansas has been toe to toe with USC. It's either USC is their SuperBowl (doubt it) or USC is still very raw and has a huge hangover from having to replace star players fro last year.

You can see the flash of talent on SC's side but we lack the fire power of big plays. We have 4 tough games but fortunately they're all home games...if we count Rosebowl as one. Cal, Oregon, ND, and UCLA. We'll be lucky to come out with 2 wins.

Done for the season? I broke my clavicle in two places in high school and I was only done for 10 weeks. I was back the week before playoffs. He may be back for the bowl.

Why risk it. He needs to stay healthy and move on to the NFL.

Does this make sense to anyone????? Honestly...you guys all speak football-speak!!!! And I like football...:D

Who is Leak & why do we want to punch him???:eek:

Makes perfect sense to me just as much as "Titrate Propofol to 50mcg/kg/min to Modified Ramsey Scale of 3 - 4."

Coker is a toast.. lack of control over his players..

That's humiliating for your institution.

:thumbdown:
Actually...this one ain't coker's fault but reguardless he was toast when they lost to FSU

FIU was taunting them all night....I'm surprised it boiled over in the 3rd quarter. Normally when stuff like that happens, the Hurricanes take care of business right away. Either way, it's embarrasing for both schools but its the new heated rivalry.

Actually...this one ain't coker's fault but reguardless he was toast when they lost to FSU

FIU was taunting them all night....I'm surprised it boiled over in the 3rd quarter. Normally when stuff like that happens, the Hurricanes take care of business right away. Either way, it's embarrasing for both schools but its the new heated rivalry.

FIU, new rivalry?

Goodness...how has Canes fallen.

Forget slayton....how bout that White dude!

He can run like the dickens, but was only 12/19 passing. I guess if you run for 247 yards, you really don't have to pass much. WVU put up 461 rushing yards yesterday. They spent the whole game sitting on the ball and still scored 41 points. I just hope they can get by Louisville and Rutgers (I'm tellin' ya, they are GOOD.)

They announced a few days ago that there will be some Louisville tickets on sale for students Tuesday at 9AM. I'm gonna have me a sleepover over at the Coliseum box office.

Aaahh... yes, we are all in mourning. Oh well. They weren't going to any BCS bowls and he won't be there next year anyway. I have had food poisoning and have bent over a toilet for the last 24 hours. How did I know you were going to post something like this. :)

Florida International as a rivalry?!? It's only a rivalry if both sides are winning. Just because both sides act like idiots in a game...doesn't make it a rivalry. I hope you don't plan on FIU winning a few games against the Canes in the next few years!!! :scared:

I'm so excited!!! I've always wanted my name as the title of a post!!!! I didn't watch USC play yesterday, but it looks as of they'll move into #2. They're talking as if AD will be back for a bowl game, but, like I said, it dosen't really matter now. It's really sad though that the first game that his dad has seen him play in 12 years is the one he gets hurt in.

Florida International as a rivalry?!? It's only a rivalry if both sides are winning. Just because both sides act like idiots in a game...doesn't make it a rivalry. I hope you don't plan on FIU winning a few games against the Canes in the next few years!!! :scared:
its cross town rivalry...most of the kids playing went to high school together. Many of the FIU players were not good enough to go to UM so they had something to prove last night. I think next year we will break out the 1987 military fatigues when it comes to playing FIU again.

"I'm A FUC**** SOLDIER!" -Kellen Winslow Jr.

He can run like the dickens, but was only 12/19 passing. I guess if you run for 247 yards, you really don't have to pass much. WVU put up 461 rushing yards yesterday. They spent the whole game sitting on the ball and still scored 41 points. I just hope they can get by Louisville and Rutgers (I'm tellin' ya, they are GOOD.)

They announced a few days ago that there will be some Louisville tickets on sale for students Tuesday at 9AM. I'm gonna have me a sleepover over at the Coliseum box office.
that was absolutely crazy...Should be interesting when they play some good teams like Louisville and Rutgers (Rutgers? wtf!?)

its cross town rivalry...most of the kids playing went to high school together. Many of the FIU players were not good enough to go to UM so they had something to prove last night. I think next year we will break out the 1987 military fatigues when it comes to playing FIU again.

"I'm A FUC**** SOLDIER!" -Kellen Winslow Jr.

What's with this though:?!?

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way," Miami coach Larry Coker said. "I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players. This will not be a very big thing for the University of Miami. It was impressive in that it was handled very well."

:eek:

http://www.tbo.com/sports/canes/MGBDL9BXATE.html

I just discovered you guys today and have become a member. I have entered a post in the New members section too. I am a new student in the first year of pharmacy in the UK. I read through the entire, very interesting, debate on whether a pharmacist should have the title Doctor, and this is what I have to say:

1) Zpacksux and sdn1977 are very knowledgable (as well as many others.) I'm very impressed guys. Not only are they knowledgeable, but also their debating skills are amazing! :) I'm a fan :D I aspire to be as educated as you one day...

2) I have to say on the "Dr" argument that everyone has a right to an opinion. I just don't agree with people that impose their own opinions on others.

3) I now understand the importance of inter-professional skills and the importance of respecting other healthcare professionals. After reading the comments made by 'realysa', I accept there will always be people who don't respect others in any chosen field. I will look out for them in future and follow the advice given by you guys: 'let them do their job, and make sure I do mine.'

One last thing...Thanks, it's really nice to be able to hear things from people who actually do (or have done) pharmacy and hear your views on things.

UKPharmGirl xXx

I just discovered you guys today and have become a member. I have entered a post in the New members section too. I am a new student in the first year of pharmacy in the UK. I read through the entire, very interesting, debate on whether a pharmacist should have the title Doctor, and this is what I have to say:

1) Zpacksux and sdn1977 are very knowledgable (as well as many others.) I'm very impressed guys. Not only are they knowledgeable, but also their debating skills are amazing! :) I'm a fan :D I aspire to be as educated as you one day...

2) I have to say on the "Dr" argument that everyone has a right to an opinion. I just don't agree with people that impose their own opinions on others.

3) I now understand the importance of inter-professional skills and the importance of respecting other healthcare professionals. After reading the comments made by 'realysa', I accept there will always be people who don't respect others in any chosen field. I will look out for them in future and follow the advice given by you guys: 'let them do their job, and make sure I do mine.'

One last thing...Thanks, it's really nice to be able to hear things from people who actually do (or have done) pharmacy and hear your views on things.

UKPharmGirl xXx

SDN1977 is all about the knowledge. Me on the other hand...that is debatable.

And no..I don't debate. Whent I talk, I expect people to listen and do as I say... it's a one way street my way...or dead end.

:thumbup:

I'm so excited!!! I've always wanted my name as the title of a post!!!! I didn't watch USC play yesterday, but it looks as of they'll move into #2. They're talking as if AD will be back for a bowl game, but, like I said, it dosen't really matter now. It's really sad though that the first game that his dad has seen him play in 12 years is the one he gets hurt in.

USC doesn't deserve to be #2. We should be behind OSU, Michigan, and maybe Texas. But hells no we can't be behind 1 dimensional West Virginia.

It's sort of like USC and Fresno State in a way

Not for a nano-second do we consider Fresno State as our rivalry. They may beat us once in a while, but we're not rivals. We have 2 rivals, ucla and the domers.

But hells no we can't be behind 1 dimensional West Virginia.

Keep thinking that. Pat White has yet to be given an opportunity to put the offense exclusively on his arm. Nobody in the last 2 years has stopped the running game and I believe that nobody in college football this year has the speed or intelligence on D to stop it. Georgia thought they did last year in the Sugar Bowl coming in as the #3 rush defense in the nation. Slaton racked up 220 yards on them with 3 TDs. Honestly, if your RB is getting 7.1 yards per tote and QB runs are getting 8.9 yards per attempt, why do you pass it? Heck, Schmitt the FB gets 4.8 yards per carry. The TEAM average, including backups in mop up duty, is 7.0 yards per carry. Seriously, why throw? And WHEN White passes he completes 70% of his passes (55-79 for 666 yards on the year).

I saw what White can do during the Spring game with his arm. His range is unreal, but passing isn't WVU's game. If you rush for 350+ yards a game every game, why pass? That philosophy turned Nebraska into a juggernaut during the 90s.

WVU's only real deficiency is it's defensive secondary, which is young, but improving. They dominated in the second half of Saturday's game.

Not for a nano-second do we consider Fresno State as our rivalry. They may beat us once in a while, but we're not rivals. We have 2 rivals, ucla and the domers.
well...it's not like i was being serious about the word rivalry

Our real rivals are Free Shoes University and Virginia Tech

Keep thinking that. Pat White has yet to be given an opportunity to put the offense exclusively on his arm. Nobody in the last 2 years has stopped the running game and I believe that nobody in college football this year has the speed or intelligence on D to stop it. Georgia thought they did last year in the Sugar Bowl coming in as the #3 rush defense in the nation. Slaton racked up 220 yards on them with 3 TDs. Honestly, if your RB is getting 7.1 yards per tote and QB runs are getting 8.9 yards per attempt, why do you pass it? Heck, Schmitt the FB gets 4.8 yards per carry. The TEAM average, including backups in mop up duty, is 7.0 yards per carry. Seriously, why throw? And WHEN White passes he completes 70% of his passes (55-79 for 666 yards on the year).

I saw what White can do during the Spring game with his arm. His range is unreal, but passing isn't WVU's game. If you rush for 350+ yards a game every game, why pass? That philosophy turned Nebraska into a juggernaut during the 90s.

WVU's only real deficiency is it's defensive secondary, which is young, but improving. They dominated in the second half of Saturday's game.

GA sucked last year and they suck this year. And playing WV was a letdown for them...hence they got spanked.

WVU is good...but no, you're not the NU of the 90's. No team can claim that.. 90's NU is considered as one of the best ever in NCAA FB history. Tom Osborne realized he couldn't put that kind of team together ever again without Prop48 in the new Big 12... hence got out at the right time.

Big Easy reminds me of the old SouthWest Conference... weak schedule with 1 or 2 decent teams...who go undefeated.

Louiville seems like a real deal.. with a big win over Miami. But c'mon, WVU is going to have to play a tougher schedule... 114th in strength of schedule is too weak...

:smuggrin:

GA sucked last year and they suck this year. And playing WV was a letdown for them...hence they got spanked.

They suck this year, but last year they had Shockley and Pope. They were a legit top 10 team. Remember the SEC championship? They beat LSU something like 42-14.

WVU is good...but no, you're not the NU of the 90's. No team can claim that.. 90's NU is considered as one of the best ever in NCAA FB history. Tom Osborne realized he couldn't put that kind of team together ever again without Prop48 in the new Big 12... hence got out at the right time.

Never said they were that good, just pointing out that a run first, pass every blue moon offense isn't a bad thing. In fact, it can be a great thing.

Big Easy reminds me of the old SouthWest Conference... weak schedule with 1 or 2 decent teams...who go undefeated.

Kinda like the Pac-10. And the Big 12. I'd mention the ACC, but they lack the whole "1 or 2 good teams" thing. Heck, even the Big 10 is nothing outside of Michigan and Ohio State. The Big East does only have 2 top ten teams...but, you know, with 6 major conferences, it's kinda tough to have more than that. The Big East has 3 top 20 teams, IMO. I'm tellin' ya. Rutgers is good. They have this kid named Rice at RB who can flat out play. I hate to admit it, but he may be just as good as Slaton. Pitt is good, too. They have the #1 QB in the country, Tyler Palko. Even if it really was just WVU and UL, at least the conference is still better than the ACC. Which isn't saying much, of course.

Louiville seems like a real deal.. with a big win over Miami.

Ok, so you say Georgia sucks and then you say a win over Miami is a good win? Have you SEEN Miami this year? They are awful. Forget trying to win the terrible ACC, they couldn't win Conference USA. Louisville IS good though. They could beat WVU if they get the crowd and momentum going strong.

But c'mon, WVU is going to have to play a tougher schedule... 114th in strength of schedule is too weak...

Psshh. According to Sagarin. Those computer polls are bloody laughable. WVU's SOS will be up into the 30s by season's end in his stupid little computer progam. Write it down. They are just now getting to the meat of their schedule.

Dood,

Big Easy is nothing like the Pac10 nor the Big12.. They have 4 national championships past 6 years...and they competed in the MNC games...like every year... with multiple heismans...

And history..

And don't be dissing on Big11... OSU, Michigan, PSU, Iowa, and WI are all respectable programs...

Big Easy is nothing like the Pac10 nor the Big12.. They have 4 national championships past 6 years...and they competed in the MNC games...like every year... with multiple heismans...

And history..

So? This has nothing to do with TODAY. Here's a stat for you:

BCS Out-Of-Conference Records

BIG EAST 32-8, 80.0 %

SEC 26-7, 78.8 %

BIG10 28-11, 71.8 %

PAC10 19-8, 70.4 %

BIG12 33-15, 68.8 %

ACC 25-12, 67.6 %

Hahaha.

And don't be dissing on Big11... OSU, Michigan, PSU, Iowa, and WI are all respectable programs...

I'l grant you OSU, UM, and Wiscky. Iowa is nothing and Penn State is on the decline. Iowa almost got beat by lowly Syracuse at home. Please. WVU just put up 461 yards rushing on those dolts.

I got Louisville tickets today. I had to go over to the ticket office and get in line at 5:55AM and wait for 3 hours. I can't believe how many teens/20-somethings got out of bed to buy tickets to an away game.

I got Louisville tickets today. I had to go over to the ticket office and get in line at 5:55AM and wait for 3 hours. I can't believe how many teens/20-somethings got out of bed to buy tickets to an away game.

Yeah, well, I got box seats to the Colorado game. :p

SDN1977 is all about the knowledge. Me on the other hand...that is debatable.

And no..I don't debate. Whent I talk, I expect people to listen and do as I say... it's a one way street my way...or dead end.

:thumbup:

Zpak - you are sooooo humble! You and I could chat all night about the benefits of adding drugs to a formulary;) !

However....please....you spend your day amidst a bunch of women. They are letting you THINK you are getting your way - that's how we work:love: (both at home & at work.....:laugh: ) But, go on....keep on talking....

UKPharmGirl - thanks for the compliment. I "found" it during a time my eyes were not glazing over during this football banter between Zpak, WVU, Caverject, Spiriva, et al. But..its good they have something to keep themselves occupied......it keeps them out of our hair so we can stay focused on what's important - our Christmas shopping!!!!

Cheers - enjoy pharmacy UK - its a great career!:D

Zpak - you are sooooo humble! You and I could chat all night about the benefits of adding drugs to a formulary;) !

However....please....you spend your day amidst a bunch of women. They are letting you THINK you are getting your way - that's how we work:love: (both at home & at work.....:laugh: ) But, go on....keep on talking....

UKPharmGirl - thanks for the compliment. I "found" it during a time my eyes were not glazing over during this football banter between Zpak, WVU, Caverject, Spiriva, et al. But..its good they have something to keep themselves occupied......it keeps them out of our hair so we can stay focused on what's important - our Christmas shopping!!!!

Cheers - enjoy pharmacy UK - its a great career!:D

So I hired a male pharmacist! I rock! now we have 3 male pharmacists!:thumbup:

And I just finished our schedule which goe to Jan 6th. And I was able to give everyone their PTO request. Holiday schedule worked out perfectly!! Russians wanted the New Year's off and they got it..instead, they're working Christmas. Our hot young technicians wanted the New Years eve and day off... rightfully so since they'll still be drunk on Jan 2nd. Some pharmacists are taking off Christmas to New years and they're working Thanksgiving. For the first time in last 5 years, I'm off Christmas!!

Then I realized that making the schedule out 3 months advance is great.... because I can just make the schedule quarterly so 4 times a year. And everyone is responsible for their own shift..so if they can't work it, they're responsible for finding the replacement without going overtime.

And because we have enough cushion in the schedule...someone calling in sick doesn't affect our schedule..except for Graveyard folks.. so I try to keep them healthy. I'll buy them a year worth of Centrum for Christmas:thumbup:

Gosh..I'm actually having a great week!!