Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been tellin' you guys all year Rutgers was legit, I've been tellin' ya all year they can straight play defense. Did you see them flying to the ball and kicking the **** out of Brohm all day? I was proud.

Still think the Big East sucks? Still think they don't belong? I'm sure this will be twisted all the wrong way and somehow everyone will make this game make the Big East look bad, but, hey, whatever, I know the score.

I can't wait until bowl season. The rest of the county is going to be stunned when UL, WVU, and Rutgers collectively beat the crap out of everyone. I won't.
 
I've been tellin' you guys all year Rutgers was legit, I've been tellin' ya all year they can straight play defense. Did you see them flying to the ball and kicking the **** out of Brohm all day? I was proud.

Still think the Big East sucks? Still think they don't belong? I'm sure this will be twisted all the wrong way and somehow everyone will make this game make the Big East look bad, but, hey, whatever, I know the score.

I can't wait until bowl season. The rest of the county is going to be stunned when UL, WVU, and Rutgers collectively beat the crap out of everyone. I won't.

geesh...let it go... it was a good game..but y'all are still playing each other...it's not like you beat an out of conference powerhouse team...

Rutgers definitely looks better than WVU...but WVU will probably beat Rutgers.
 
geesh...let it go... it was a good game..but y'all are still playing each other...it's not like you beat an out of conference powerhouse team...

That's fine, stay in denial. I know the score.

Rutgers definitely looks better than WVU...but WVU will probably beat Rutgers.

I'd obviously have to agree, they beat a team WVU couldn't. That December 2nd matchup in Mo'town looms large now. WVU wins, I'd have to say they probably get the BCS game.
 
That's fine, stay in denial. I know the score.



I'd obviously have to agree, they beat a team WVU couldn't. That December 2nd matchup in Mo'town looms large now. WVU wins, I'd have to say they probably get the BCS game.

I'm not in denial. I'll give credit where it's due. Beat an out of conference powerhouse team. Then I'll give credit... not to big East...but to the team.
 
I'm not in denial. I'll give credit where it's due. Beat an out of conference powerhouse team. Then I'll give credit... not to big East...but to the team.


Wow, that's odd. Whenever I brought up WVU beating Georgia in a BCS game last year, it didn't count. It's ok though, I know you are in denial. It's hard to accept the fact that you are wrong about the Big East. Don't feel bad, everyone was at the beggining of the year.

I also find it odd that only Big East teams need to fit into this little prerequisite. Who has Michigan, Florida, Auburn, Texas (I could go on) beaten that is a "powerhouse" outside of their conference? Nobody. That's who. And, no, Notre Dame doesn't count for Michigan. Notre Dame sucks. The only team with that claim is Ohio State. They beat Texas. I'll give them that. The last time the Big East champ played the champ of another BCS conference, the Big East champ won. You can keep going on with the same 'ol status quo mumbo jumbo - and that's fine.

I know the score.

The true tragedy is if Rutgers beats WVU, they won't get to play in the MNC.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey..don't forget Boise State in the mix...

an old saying..if you're good, you don't need to go around and tell people how good you are... The fact you have to constantly try to convince people how great Big East is proves BiG Easy has some growing to do.

Georgia would have beaten WVU 8 out of 10... wvu didn't go all conservative in 2nd half... Georgia woke up... and only played 2 quarters...compared to 4 quarters by WVU...to a very close game. Was that the only major win by WVU?

:meanie:
 
Hey..don't forget Boise State in the mix...

an old saying..if you're good, you don't need to go around and tell people how good you are... The fact you have to constantly try to convince people how great Big East is proves BiG Easy has some growing to do.

That's fine. I know the score. Stay in denial, whatever.

Georgia would have beaten WVU 8 out of 10... wvu didn't go all conservative in 2nd half... Georgia woke up... and only played 2 quarters...compared to 4 quarters by WVU...to a very close game. Was that the only major win by WVU?

:meanie:

Yeah, whatever. Nice revisionist history. If it was the other way around and WVU made the comeback you'd be saying Georgia went all conservative. The bottom line is that WVU scored points when they needed to in the 4th and the Dogs weren't in position to win the game at any point in the game after their first possession.
 
ND sucks? LOL.. talk about some dark shades...

There is nothing status quo about SEC being strong. FL doesn't need to go out of conference for tough games... they beat TN at TN and beat LSU...

Auburn beat Florida...

Big East teams play weak OOC...and seemingly easy conference games..

And no Big East team can sniff Texas..

:meanie:
 
That's fine. I know the score. Stay in denial, whatever.



Yeah, whatever. Nice revisionist history. If it was the other way around and WVU made the comeback you'd be saying Georgia went all conservative. The bottom line is that WVU scored points when they needed to in the 4th and the Dogs weren't in position to win the game at any point in the game after their first possession.

Boy..u're really living in last season... heck, then I'll go back 2 and 3 seasons back where USC went back to back MNC.... has WVU done that lately?:meanie:
 
Boy..u're really living in last season... heck, then I'll go back 2 and 3 seasons back where USC went back to back MNC.... has WVU done that lately?:meanie:

The difference is that THAT WVU team is literally the saem one that takes the field this year minus literally 4 starters. How many on the MNC USC team play today? Thanks for playing.
 
ND sucks? LOL.. talk about some dark shades...

They do, and USC will expose them.

There is nothing status quo about SEC being strong. FL doesn't need to go out of conference for tough games... they beat TN at TN and beat LSU...Auburn beat Florida...

Ok...so..what if WVU beats RU...and RU beats UL..and UL beats RU...then..wait...mmmmmhmmmmm



Big East teams play weak OOC

What, like the SEC?

...and seemingly easy conference games..

Ah, wisely he puts "seemingly" in there.

And no Big East team can sniff Texas..

:meanie:

Ok, whatever. We'll see in January.
 
The difference is that THAT WVU team is literally the saem one that takes the field this year minus literally 4 starters. How many on the MNC USC team play today? Thanks for playing.

That's the beauty of it... USC can graduate all those players and reload and stay competitive year in year out.

WVU with the same players from last year still lost to UL...who lost to Rutgers.. and have no chance at MNC.

WVU, Rutgers, and Louiville are just a quick coaching change away from falling apart...like Utah.

But that's unlikely in some of the Status Quo programs...And that's because of their history. You can't discount it.
 
They do, and USC will expose them.



Ok...so..what if WVU beats RU...and RU beats UL..and UL beats RU...then..wait...mmmmmhmmmmm





What, like the SEC?



Ah, wisely he puts "seemingly" in there.



Ok, whatever. We'll see in January.

c'mon... 2 good seasons by Big East... and you're making it sound like Big East the Football Mecca... so be it.. Hey if very weak and overrated Pac-10 can produce MNC..why not Big East..
 
That's the beauty of it... USC can graduate all those players and reload and stay competitive year in year out.

WVU with the same players from last year still lost to UL...who lost to Rutgers.. and have no chance at MNC.

WVU, Rutgers, and Louiville are just a quick coaching change away from falling apart...like Utah.

But that's unlikely in some of the Status Quo programs...And that's because of their history. You can't discount it.

Rutgers is going to find out very quickly about the coaching changes....

And you are 100% correct about status quo programs. Like USC, Miami re-loads every year. We definetly had the talent this year to be in the national title hunt but it was finally uncovered miami has a bumbling boob for a coach who will get replaced at the end of the season. Coaches from smaller programs KILL for the CHANCE to have jobs at Miami, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, just about any SEC school etc...
 
That's the beauty of it... USC can graduate all those players and reload and stay competitive year in year out.

WVU with the same players from last year still lost to UL...who lost to Rutgers.. and have no chance at MNC.

WVU, Rutgers, and Louiville are just a quick coaching change away from falling apart...like Utah.

But that's unlikely in some of the Status Quo programs...And that's because of their history. You can't discount it.


AHHH. But. You are forgetting one thing. The Big East has a BCS tie in. There is no uber-team like Miami any more. Many things can hapen in the future. One of three things, in fact, one team will become a juggernaut (Pac-10, Big-12), there will be a bunch of high quality teams (SEC, Big 10), or everyone will suck hind tit (ACC).

Time will tell.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The funniest play ever. They do that when the d-linemen don't watch the ball but the o-linemen for movement as the indication to start play. The defense does that so they can try to stop the WVU zone blocking scheme by watching the linemen. This stops them from doing that. It works rather well, actually.

Slaton is injured. He's a glorified decoy out there today. White's passing is pretty good.

And before you ask, I'm at home because Sarah has the flu.
 
The funniest play ever. They do that when the d-linemen don't watch the ball but the o-linemen for movement as the indication to start play. The defense does that so they can try to stop the WVU zone blocking scheme by watching the linemen. This stops them from doing that. It works rather well, actually.

Slaton is injured. He's a glorified decoy out there today. White's passing is pretty good.

And before you ask, I'm at home because Sarah has the flu.

Why are you at home?
 
She doesn't actually have the flu, she got a flu shot and is suffering the side effects. Her entire left arm is sore with severe pain on touch. She aches all over. She has a temperature. She's slept for about 20 of the last 24 hours. She's had it for 2 days now. I'm not going to the game and leaving her here alone. I'm actually roting for USC from here on out. If they win out, the Big East might get 2 BCS games.
 
She doesn't actually have the flu, she got a flu shot and is suffering the side effects. Her entire left arm is sore with severe pain on touch. She aches all over. She has a temperature. She's slept for about 20 of the last 24 hours. She's had it for 2 days now. I'm not going to the game and leaving her here alone. I'm actually roting for USC from here on out. If they win out, the Big East might get 2 BCS games.

She's a wuss.. load up on tylenol and motrin... she should be at the game!

:meanie:
 
Either that or give her 15 mg of Ambien.. let her sleep..and you can go to the game and come back before whe wakes up.
 
Mikey...you do have ESPN2..right?

If not, I can give you my ESPN Gameplan ID and pw..so u can watch online.
 
My baby:

100_5754.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
u sayin hillbilly is better than a redneck?

god...sucks waitin for your game...