Cymbalta for all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take THAT Mr. Denied-Because-It's-Not-FDA-Approved-Pharmacy-Benefit-Manager-Person!

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration yesterday approved Cymbalta (duloxetine hydrochloride) to treat chronic musculoskeletal pain, including discomfort from osteoarthritis and chronic lower back pain. Cymbalta was first used to treat major depressive disorder in 2004. "Up to three quarters of the population experience chronic pain at some time in their lives," said Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of FDA's Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. "This approval means that many of those people now have another treatment option."

The FDA assessed the efficacy of Cymbalta in chronic low back pain and osteoarthritis in four double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trials. At the end of the study period, patients taking Cymbalta had a significantly greater pain reduction compared with placebo. Since its initial approval, about 30 million patients in the United States have used Cymbalta. It was approved for the treatment of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in 2004; generalized anxiety disorder and maintenance treatment of major depression in 2007; and fibromyalgia in 2008. (Physicians News)

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah!!! It's about time. :thumbup:

I hated telling patient's who had great pain relief after trying samples, sorry your insurance won't approve you for it. :(

go to cymbaltawithdrawal.com and find out how much fun cymbalta is...

getting patients off cymbalta has been miserable...

AND

in my experience, most of my cymbalta patients notice at the 6-9 month mark that it loses its efficacy...

Members don't see this ad :)
cymbalta for OA?

holy ridiculously-slanted-big-pharma-driven-not-that-likely-to-help, batman.

i GUESS this is good news for the times it get denied when it actually can help, but "musculoskeletal pain" is kind of a broad diagnosis....

cymbalta for OA?

holy ridiculously-slanted-big-pharma-driven-not-that-likely-to-help, batman.

i GUESS this is good news for the times it get denied when it actually can help, but "musculoskeletal pain" is kind of a broad diagnosis....

Look at the oa knee data. Convincing
But lacking mechanism

go to cymbaltawithdrawal.com and find out how much fun cymbalta is...

getting patients off cymbalta has been miserable...

AND

in my experience, most of my cymbalta patients notice at the 6-9 month mark that it loses its efficacy...

agree with that. Now the cymbalta rep will go crazy and come by every week instead of every other.

Well at least now I don't have to put everyone on effexor just to prove it doesn't work so they can trial cymbalta. Does anyone know the ratio of serotonin to epi in effexor and cymbalta?

Well at least now I don't have to put everyone on effexor just to prove it doesn't work so they can trial cymbalta. Does anyone know the ratio of serotonin to epi in effexor and cymbalta?

I'm so dirty.

SNRI.jpg

in my experience, most of my cymbalta patients notice at the 6-9 month mark that it loses its efficacy..

Anyone else noticing cymbalta lose its efficacy at 6-9 months?
For most of your patients or just the ones fibro/mental ones?