Medical Seed

5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2014
Hi all,

I am OMS3. According to 2020 charting outcomes I think I may be able to match into radiology program, but I am just concerned that I got lower than the average rad step 1 score (241) T_T... I hope I can stay in nyc, but heard that nyc programs are more competitive. Are there rad programs accepting mid 230s in nyc?

I appreciate all your replies..

LittleFoot

7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Maimonides and SUNY downstate come to mind.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Medical Seed

5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2014
This is a solid tool to use when looking for programs:

You just plug in your stats and filter for programs in different states; makes it super simple.
Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/

NecrotizingFasciitis

IR/DR PGY-0
5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/

I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.

Medical Seed

5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2014
I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.
sounds great. Hope I can match into any decent programs in nyc :) Thank you!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.