D.O step 1 236 with no research, programs in nyc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Medical Seed

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am OMS3. According to 2020 charting outcomes I think I may be able to match into radiology program, but I am just concerned that I got lower than the average rad step 1 score (241) T_T... I hope I can stay in nyc, but heard that nyc programs are more competitive. Are there rad programs accepting mid 230s in nyc?

I appreciate all your replies..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a solid tool to use when looking for programs:


You just plug in your stats and filter for programs in different states; makes it super simple.
Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/
 
Thank you for the comment. I just plugged in my stats and I don't think it is trustworthy (?) since they are saying my step 1 236 belongs to middle 50% of matched applicants in nyu, mount sanai and ny presbyterian hospital columbia program .. which definitely not. :/

I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.
 
I think the categories they use (way below, <25%, middle 50%, upper 25%, way above) are kinda broad sometimes. They use info directly from the match though as far as I know; you may very well be between the 25th percentile and 75th percentile with that score. It just gives you a ballpark comparison.
sounds great. Hope I can match into any decent programs in nyc 🙂 Thank you!