DACA Students and Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

July72

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy, I'm currently a freshman Biomedical Sciences major at A&M who dreams of going to medical school one day. I have all A's at the moment and am in a few organizations so I feel I'm not off to a bad start but I also never thought about how my legal status will affect my admission into med school. After reading a few threads on here, I saw many people claim that us DACA students have no realistic chance at acceptance into med school primarily due to our more than likely inability to pay for schooling, as this is definitely the case for me, and a few other reasons. Are my chances of getting into medical school nonexistent or is there a small light of hope? Any comment and/or advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I know loyola accepts undocumented residents. Perhaps in the future more schools will follow suit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Loyola accepts a lot- I think this year something like 10 in the M1 class are DACA students. However your chances will be slim- but be sure to apply to Stritch!

Loyola also offers payment options through their partnership with Trinity Health/other institutions. They explains it further here. http://ssom.luc.edu/daca/