DACA Students and Medical School

Started by July72
Tags Tags
daca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

July72

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy, I'm currently a freshman Biomedical Sciences major at A&M who dreams of going to medical school one day. I have all A's at the moment and am in a few organizations so I feel I'm not off to a bad start but I also never thought about how my legal status will affect my admission into med school. After reading a few threads on here, I saw many people claim that us DACA students have no realistic chance at acceptance into med school primarily due to our more than likely inability to pay for schooling, as this is definitely the case for me, and a few other reasons. Are my chances of getting into medical school nonexistent or is there a small light of hope? Any comment and/or advice is appreciated!
 
I know loyola accepts undocumented residents. Perhaps in the future more schools will follow suit?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Loyola accepts a lot- I think this year something like 10 in the M1 class are DACA students. However your chances will be slim- but be sure to apply to Stritch!

Loyola also offers payment options through their partnership with Trinity Health/other institutions. They explains it further here. http://ssom.luc.edu/daca/