Dalhousie Pre-pharmacy 11-12

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's not % based, it's grade letter based. However, a good thing to consider is to retake the courses to improve the grades. Dalhousie has a policy that if you do better on the course on a repeated attempt, they will ignore the lower grade, meaning your cumulative GPA in their eyes will look better. Some food for thought.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviews done! Let the waiting game begin!! Does anyone know when they usually send out the letters?

I heard them say the first round would hear by July..seems like so long! I will actually be quite surprised if I did well enough on the interview to get in, haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im a bit on the line in terms of how the interview went but I try to stay positive :), you never know though, what you think was not good might actually be good to the interviewers! :thumbup:

True I suppose.. I feel like my answers were okay and I justified them well, but I found it hard to articulate them, you know what I mean? I stumbled over some of my words at times. :confused:

I had my interview yesterday, and this is my second year applying. It is really difficult with the MMI to guage how you did.. and the more I think about it the worse I think I did haha I keep thinking of things that I could/should have said. Oh well, all we can do now is wait!

So we get to wait for a long long time from here! I hope everyone did well on the interviews. I found it very interesting, and it was really nice to meet so many great people.

Have a great summer everyone!

@sdal.. I agree!! everytime i left a station i thought "oh i could have said that" ugh annoying! but it was a great experience and everyone i spoke to was super nice, so im hoping we will all be classmates next year :)

and yes, hopefully everyone has a great summer as well :)

Does anyone remember what we need to do about transcripts? Do we send our final marks in to the college or registrars office?

Does anyone remember what we need to do about transcripts? Do we send our final marks in to the college or registrars office?

I think we just send them to the college but I would email Margaret to make sure. If you are a Dal student they have access to our transcripts so we don't have to do anything.

I think we just send them to the college but I would email Margaret to make sure. If you are a Dal student they have access to our transcripts so we don't have to do anything.

I just e-mailed margaret to double check, and for anyone who isn't a dal student who is wondering -- you just mail them directly to the college when they are available.

I found out that Dalhousie doesn't look at high school marks of first year applicants anymore. I just thought I would mention it here, so no one gets confused later :) !

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I ever getting antsy and it hasn't been that long!

same here! the first set of letters went out last year in the first week of June (my rejection letter was dated June 7th I think) but now that they aren't including high school marks for first years they will probably have to wait for their summer school marks

june 7th would be good! as long as it wasnt a rejection letter, haha

my thoughts exactly haha I just checked and it was dated June 9th 2011

Definitely going to be a long wait!

Last edited:
oh gosh i was at work today and the pharmacist whom i used as a reference said she didnt hear anything from them.. no news is good news i suppose?

Has anyone heard anything? Or has anyone called Margaret?

Nope to both! You mean call Margaret to see when decisions will be made?

Probably won't be at least another few weeks til people receive things, especially if you're out of province. I'm expecting sometime mid-July.

Yea, I was looking on last years thread on here.. Some people got acceptance / rejection letters dated as early as June 7th, so it seems hard to predict.

Ugh, I know. I check this thread everyday in hopes someone has heard something! Let's get the ball rolling, folks

I hear you both. I was told that they are starting to send letters Monday, has anyone else heard this rumor? How long will it take before everyone hears if this is true?

Hey, I haven't heard anything in regards to Monday, but I hope that is the case!!!! Fingers crossed and remember to post here ASAP If you all hear ;)

Also: where are you guys waiting to hear from? Ie: are you in Halifax already? If so I can only imagine you'll hear sooner than me, as I'm in Cape Breton , but I imagine I would hear sooner than some OOP applicants! Ahhhh

I'm from New Brunswick so I'm sure you'll hear before me. And I haven't heard any official time of when they are sending them, though I haven't talked to anyone either. I know that its around this time that they usually do, so it wouldn't surprise me if an initial batch of letters has been sent out. Takes about 1.5 to 2 weeks for regular mail to make it here from OoP, so I'll try to be patient.

Yeah i havent spoken to anyone, so we will just need to wait and see! Fingers crossed, as always!

Has anyone checked the online application that we were required to fill out to see if it says anything there?

Last edited:
Has anyone checked the online application that we were required to fill out to see if it says anything there?

I printed the app off and mailed it on, so I have no online component at all! Does yours say anything?

If you go to the online application, which can be found on the dalhousie pharm website and login, you click on the application and it shows what I mentioned previously.

Ahhh, wish I had done that then. I don't have any login info.

I had "decision made, written notification to follow" last year on DalOnline but it never changed after I received my rejection letter. I remember someone on here last year said it only changed to "accepted" when they confirmed they were attending.

i feel like were getting closer anyway! haha.. my horoscope said today was a good day to make decisions regarding healthcare employment.......:laugh:

That seems to be terrifyingly precise. Miss Cleo is steppin' up her game.

On last years thread it says if you email Margaret she will forward you the letter of acceptance/rejection - has anyone tried this? Not sure if it's true...

i havent, no! I feel bad about bothering her, because its not like they told us the beginning of June, they said the beginning of July to my interview group

I believe exceptions were made last year due to Canada Post being on strike, I doubt the same would be done this year.

I believe exceptions were made last year due to Canada Post being on strike, I doubt the same would be done this year.

True! That slipped my mind. I would say the only way margaret would forward the letter is if they sent it out and you didn't receive it after so long

same! haha i actually got mail today and i almost had a stroke until i saw it was only my paystub

I got mail yesterday from Dal and had the same reaction until I saw that it said Office of the Registrar haha

Majority of the letters are going out in the mail today. Just called to check

Majority of the letters are going out in the mail today. Just called to check

do you know if that means we will receive them today or they are sending them today and we will receive them tomorrow?

do you know if that means we will receive them today or they are sending them today and we will receive them tomorrow?

Going out in the mail this afternoon the lady said (Not Margaret), so depending on where you live is when you'll receive them. I'm guessing by tuesday-wednesday next week majority of us will receive them

Good to have some idea of a wait now, if mine was in that pack sent then I should get mine late next week or sometime the week after since I'm out of province.