Dallas, Texas: Acute Care Observations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

KendraTacoma

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone!!!

I'm a post-baccalaureate student completing prerequisites so I can apply for DPT programs in Summer 2017.

At this time I would like to start my observations so I have more than the minimum hours. I found an out-patient clinic but am unfortunately having bad luck finding acute care/in-patient.

If y'all don't mind, will you please share where you completed your acute care observations? My hope is I'd have a better chance of them allowing me to complete my hours at their facility.

Many Thanks!!!


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I'm not in Dallas, so can't offer first hand advice, but came across this from the Parkland Hospital website (parklandhospital.com/phhs/volunteers.aspx): "Pre-medical students, residents and other health care professionals can obtain observation hours by shadowing Parkland health care workers through the Parkland Observation Program. To learn more about the program, contact Alitha Jones at [email protected]"