Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleluver7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On Dartmouth's website they say, "You will be at a disadvantage if you do not submit MCAT scores". I am confused: I thought the MCAT was required at every American medical schools, excluding the BA/MD programs. From this quote, it seems they would still review your application even without an MCAT score. This is puzzling to me. Are there other schools like this? Finally, isn't Dartmouth's MCAT average about 32?

Members don't see this ad.

appleluver7 said:
On Dartmouth's website they say, "You will be at a disadvantage if you do not submit MCAT scores". I am confused: I thought the MCAT was required at every American medical schools, excluding the BA/MD programs. From this quote, it seems they would still review your application even without an MCAT score. This is puzzling to me. Are there other schools like this? Finally, isn't Dartmouth's MCAT average about 32?

Look at the first two sentences of the AAMC's MCAT section:

About the MCAT Exam

"Almost all U.S. medical schools require applicants to submit MCAT scores. Medical college admission committees consider MCAT scores as part of their admission decision process."

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/

I don't know what other schools don't require it, but that's definitely surprising.