2025-2026 Dartmouth (Geisel)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know when we will hear back for interview date 10/9? I saw someone who interviewed 10/2 get their decision on 10/31, so I was hoping it could be today if they spread decisions out a week apart???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I interviewed before someone that heard back already is there still a chance to get accepted or nah
I asked a similar question earlier, and got this helpful response:
A quote from the 2023-2024 thread:
Hey everyone! Current M4 here currently applying to residency, who remembers finding these threads really useful when I was applying, so just wanted to put myself out there for anyone who has questions. I also saw some concern about people who interviewed and haven't heard yet or who are waiting on interviews. For what it is worth, my interview came very late in the cycle (my last of 7) and then I ended up getting accepted just a few weeks later. As it was explained to us on that interview day, the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Basically, don't be scared if you interviewed early and other people on your date heard back - it does not necessarily mean WL or R. I am not at all involved in admissions and it is certainly possible this process has changed, but thats at least what they told us four years ago.

Feel free to ask me anything! And best of luck to all of you. Simply making it to the point of applying to med school is an enormous accomplishment, and you should all be extremely proud of yourselves.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if sending an update letter a few days ago hypothetically sent me back in the re-review pile before today's decisions?
 
Someone on Admit said they do app review for rejected applicants? Anyone know if it’s true and know more about it?
 
Anyone made an accepted students groupchat?

They have an accepted students GroupMe and a Facebook group that they send you links to by e-mail, but it doesn't seem people are communicating with each other in them (the admissions team are admins in the group so it feels sort of formal).
 
They have an accepted students GroupMe and a Facebook group that they send you links to by e-mail, but it doesn't seem people are communicating with each other in them (the admissions team are admins in the group so it feels sort of formal).
Ah, I’m in the Facebook group but didn’t know there was a GroupMe as well. Anything going on in there or is it not really worth joining?
 
Ah, I’m in the Facebook group but didn’t know there was a GroupMe as well. Anything going on in there or is it not really worth joining?

Nobody has actually said anything yet, so I think you're good on that front. They post the second look/open house events on there, I guess so the students who will be going to the same events can carpool/coordinate travel together since Hanover is light on public transport.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad