Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes ofc LM 74 complete 7/24Congratulations!! What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yes ofc LM 74 complete 7/24Congratulations!! What are your stats if you don’t mind sharing?
anyone hear anything yet? (besides TWO financial aid session reminders)
Hoping to god, I interviewed 9/18 so wasn't sure if I would even get a decision today but really hoping it works out. Another observation: everyone who reported an acceptance today on Admit had an August interview, so maybe they haven't even reviewed the September interviewees yet.This is interesting. According to admit.com as I write this, only 9/57 (15.8%) interviews were accepted today. Their overall post-II acceptance rate, to my knowledge, is 40-50%. In prior years' SDN threads, they've sent acceptances around 2-5pm, but today they sent acceptances around 6-8pm. In prior years, most students who interviewed early + don't get accepted on day one end up with a fat WL / R in January or March... but I wonder if they they got tired tonight and will follow-up with more acceptances over these next few days? Or I wonder if they've changed their process this year?
This is interesting. According to admit.com as I write this, only 9/57 (15.8%) interviews were accepted today. Their overall post-II acceptance rate, to my knowledge, is 40-50%. In prior years' SDN threads, they've sent acceptances around 2-5pm, but today they sent acceptances around 6-8pm. In prior years, most students who interviewed early + don't get accepted on day one end up with a fat WL / R in January or March... but I wonder if they they got tired tonight and will follow-up with more acceptances over these next few days? Or I wonder if they've changed their process this year?
What date did you interview?They told my interview group that the earliest we would ever hear back would be the very end of the month, if not November.
What date did you interview?
That’s crazy good. Congrats!II received 10/17, LM 69 secondary submitted 7/15
On Admit, everyone reporting a pre-II R submitted late June or first week of July.When did yall submit?
Then I'm praying they have mercy once they reach late July 😭 🙏On Admit, everyone reporting a pre-II R submitted late June or first week of July.
Any advice for the interview day, I really want to do well. Hoping you get good news soon!I interviewed 10/09, hoping to hear good news before the end of the year.
Me too 😭😭😭 7/19 gangThen I'm praying they have mercy once they reach late July 😭 🙏
It looks like historically they have spread their IIs out pretty evenly across the months through February, and they have not sent IIs to anyone who applied after the later part of July. I would estimate they are not as far in their cycle as other schools.how far in their cycle r they
Hoping this is a good sign for me then cuz I sent my secondary the first week of July and haven't heard back but also haven't gotten rejected?? hahaIt looks like historically they have spread their IIs out pretty evenly across the months through February, and they have not sent IIs to anyone who applied after the later part of July. I would estimate they are not as far in their cycle as other schools.
Definitely a good sign, I’d assume you’re still in the running for getting an II!Hoping this is a good sign for me then cuz I sent my secondary the first week of July and haven't heard back but also haven't gotten rejected?? haha
Yeah I submitted on 7/19 and haven't heard back so hoping no news is good news lmao.Hoping this is a good sign for me then cuz I sent my secondary the first week of July and haven't heard back but also haven't gotten rejected?? haha
I love how people are so used to getting asked info every time someone posts an update that people are now posting the time LOL+1 OOS A yesterday at 12:15, interviewed 9/18, LM 79
Congrats!!!!!+1 OOS A yesterday at 12:15, interviewed 9/18, LM 79
As someone who has had to ask multiple times, I feel you lmaoI love how people are so used to getting asked info every time someone posts an update that people are now posting the time LOL
Congrats on your acceptance and i hope more good comes your way
Real I feel that axe hanging over my head as a 7/1 submitter. Their relentless march of chronological Rs is quite fearsomepretty mid-applicant submitted 7/1 with no II or R yet so I'm hoping i made it through the purge lol
Pretty sure early November always has a wave of acceptances, but WL decisions will all be in January if I remember correctly.I interviewed on 9/4 and haven't heard anything, but it seems at least 1 September interviewee got an A (congrats!). Does anyone have a sense of roughly when I might hear, or is it common for them to wait to announce a lot of post-II decisions (especially if maybe they're not sure)?
Hey everyone! Current M4 here currently applying to residency, who remembers finding these threads really useful when I was applying, so just wanted to put myself out there for anyone who has questions. I also saw some concern about people who interviewed and haven't heard yet or who are waiting on interviews. For what it is worth, my interview came very late in the cycle (my last of 7) and then I ended up getting accepted just a few weeks later. As it was explained to us on that interview day, the vast majority of applicants will hear back in early April. They explained that they score the applications after the interviews, and only initially accept a handful of people that exceed a particular score in order to prevent anyone who interviews late from being negatively impacted. Then once they have finished most they gradually lower the score threshold for acceptances and the bulk of their class is let in that way. Basically, don't be scared if you interviewed early and other people on your date heard back - it does not necessarily mean WL or R. I am not at all involved in admissions and it is certainly possible this process has changed, but thats at least what they told us four years ago.
Feel free to ask me anything! And best of luck to all of you. Simply making it to the point of applying to med school is an enormous accomplishment, and you should all be extremely proud of yourselves.
Per Admit, latest submission date that received an A last cycle was 8/16. However, only 26 A's were reported for the cycle out of 266 total per the School Statistics page. Conclusion: it's hard to say and chances are slim, but they're probably not zero so shoot your shot.Just submitted my secondary. How cooked am I chat?
you will simply never know unless you try. all the bestJust submitted my secondary. How cooked am I chat?
+ OOS pre-ii R
What dates did you submit secondaries?+ OOS (TX) pre-II R
7/6What dates did you submit secondaries?
7/6What dates did you submit secondaries?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.