DAT Acers! please I need help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Raei

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planing to take my DAT Summer 2017, my plans is to start preparing for the DAT next week.
My GPA is kinda low 3.41, so I am aiming for 23-25 on the DAT. What books should I buy? and what about Crack the DAT videos? are they enough?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

First off, everyone aims for a 23-25. I don't mean that in a mean way, just understand that you'll get out what you put in, so a 23-25 requires a lot of effort from most people.

Second, I would suggest making or finding some sort of schedule to at least try to stick to. You can find some on here, and I believe DAT Bootcamp has a basic one you can follow. I did well on my DAT but I believe that I could have done better if I had had some structure to my studying.

Third, as far as materials go, thats gonna be based on what you can afford. I made a brief review of the materials that I used here. If I was to take it again, I would use the same materials but just give myself longer to study because I feel that most everything was covered.

Before I started studying, I was on this site looking at DAT breakdowns for a solid week. I would suggest looking around at what other people think about the different materials as well. It just gives you a feel for what your getting into (It helped me out at least).

Put in the effort and use the study technique that works best for you! Best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I religiously followed Bootcamp and Destroyer. Read Cliffs for bio and watched Chad's at 1.4x-2x and did his quizes (not sure I retained anything from Chad's).

Bootcamp for Everything, Chads for sciences, Cliff bio and feralis notes for bio. DAT destroyer

Use all that, study religiously with a schedule and there's no reason you should not get your 23-25 :)

Reactions: 1 user
First off, everyone aims for a 23-25. I don't mean that in a mean way, just understand that you'll get out what you put in, so a 23-25 requires a lot of effort from most people.

Second, I would suggest making or finding some sort of schedule to at least try to stick to. You can find some on here, and I believe DAT Bootcamp has a basic one you can follow. I did well on my DAT but I believe that I could have done better if I had had some structure to my studying.

Third, as far as materials go, thats gonna be based on what you can afford. I made a brief review of the materials that I used here. If I was to take it again, I would use the same materials but just give myself longer to study because I feel that most everything was covered.

Before I started studying, I was on this site looking at DAT breakdowns for a solid week. I would suggest looking around at what other people think about the different materials as well. It just gives you a feel for what your getting into (It helped me out at least).

Put in the effort and use the study technique that works best for you! Best of luck to you!
Thank you!

If you religiously follow this: I can assure you'll get a 22/23+: http://datbootcamp.com/Ari'sStudySchedule.pdf

The only thing is that 10 weeks, in my opinion, is far too long. You tend to forget things. I spent about 6 weeks studying (though I was pretty lazy and didn't study as hard as I should've). I suggest you study in the summer right after the semester is over for you and take the DAT in the beginning or first week of July.

Use all the materials suggested in Ari's schedule (Chad's for GC/OC/QR, Destroyer for GC/OC/QR, Feralis for Bio, and Bootcamp for everything but especially PAT and RC). I found Cliff's to be a good Review but mostly a waste of time. I think feralis does the job for Bio. I also found Math destroyer to be pretty unnecessary unless you know you're weak at math.

I was lazy with practicing PAT and saved it for the last 2 weeks but if you practice it consistently, you'll definitely get a 20+.

Basically, use Ari's guide but condense it down to 6 weeks.

My GPA was a 3.41 as well and I received a 24AA. I spent two months in the summer following Ari's dat bootcamp study schedule. I didn't follow it exactly day by day but did the same material and had the same study resources.

DAT Destroyer is an absolute must! It'll seem like a lot but it'll elevate your knowledge and understanding to achieve a higher score.

Another absolute must are Chad's videos on GC, OC, and QR. He goes over everything you need to know for the chemistries so take good notes and reinforce it all with DAT bootcamp/DAT destroyer. There's only so much material you need to know for chemistry unlike biology so I thought everything possible was covered in Chad's videos and anything that wasn't covered (which wasn't much) was covered on the other study materials.

For biology I used the Cliffs AP notes on Ari's study schedule. It covers a lot of general topics that you'll see on the DAT and it's free.

For PAT, DAT bootcamp was really good and I heard Crack the DAT was really good as well.

I did pretty bad on QR so I won't give advice there haha.

Reading you just have to find your own strategy and do practice tests

Good luck!

Some good advice in here. Pretty much everything I was gonna say. Listen to them ^^

23-25 is in the top percentiles of the country, and you have the answers on how to get there here. Now you just need to put in the work :)

Destroyer, Bootcamp, Chad's Videos and then Cliffs Bio / Ferralis notes (both of which are free) and you will be good to go. Boot camp has a good schedule that you could use to give an idea of how to approach it.. best of luck!

These resources are also a less $$ than resources such as Kaplan

My GPA was a 3.41 as well and I received a 24AA. I spent two months in the summer following Ari's dat bootcamp study schedule. I didn't follow it exactly day by day but did the same material and had the same study resources.

DAT Destroyer is an absolute must! It'll seem like a lot but it'll elevate your knowledge and understanding to achieve a higher score.

Another absolute must are Chad's videos on GC, OC, and QR. He goes over everything you need to know for the chemistries so take good notes and reinforce it all with DAT bootcamp/DAT destroyer. There's only so much material you need to know for chemistry unlike biology so I thought everything possible was covered in Chad's videos and anything that wasn't covered (which wasn't much) was covered on the other study materials.

For biology I used the Cliffs AP notes on Ari's study schedule. It covers a lot of general topics that you'll see on the DAT and it's free.

For PAT, DAT bootcamp was really good and I heard Crack the DAT was really good as well.

I did pretty bad on QR so I won't give advice there haha.

Reading you just have to find your own strategy and do practice tests

Good luck!
Thank you, I appreciate it

I only did feralis notes and the DAT destroyer extremely thoroughly... received 25AA 27TS

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile