DAT destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentluv1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

So I'm re-studying for the DAT, and I have the 2016 version of DAT Destroyer?
Are there any major differences between the latest version and the 2016 version? I'll be re-taking the test sometimes in January or February... early March at the very latest.

Any thoughts?

Thank you all so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I am not pretty sure about 2016, but for example, destroyer 2017 bio consists of 617 questions now.
General chem has 378 questions
Orgo has 336 questions or something similar.

Reactions: 1 user
New questions get added every year, but in my opinion the difference in question count between 2016 and 2017 doesn't warrant a new purchase - you'll be fine using your 2016 edition. Neither 2016 nor 2017 editions from the first half of the year contain the new style of quantitative comparison questions, so make sure you practice those as well!

Last edited:
While I was studying, I had the same concern as you, whether the 2016 version I had would be sufficient for me to do well on the exam. I took the DAT on aug. 23rd using 2016 version of destroyer, and it seemed to work perfectly fine for me (25AA).

I ordered the math destroyer 2017 because the 2016 version didn't have any quantitative comparison questions, but unfortunately I found out when I looked through the 2017 version that it didn't have the quantitative comparison questions either. But Orgoman did send a separate sheet of paper with about 20 problems of quantitative comparison questions. If you have the 2016 version of math destroyer, I don't think its necessary for you to buy the 2017 version. Just make sure you practice quantitative comparison through Bootcamp (if you have a subscription).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
While I was studying, I had the same concern as you, whether the 2016 version I had would be sufficient for me to do well on the exam. I took the DAT on aug. 23rd using 2016 version of destroyer, and it seemed to work perfectly fine for me (25AA).

I ordered the math destroyer 2017 because the 2016 version didn't have any quantitative comparison questions, but unfortunately I found out when I looked through the 2017 version that it didn't have the quantitative comparison questions either. But Orgoman did send a separate sheet of paper with about 14 problems of quantitative comparison questions. If you have the 2016 version of math destroyer, I don't think its necessary for you to buy the 2017 version. Just make sure you practice quantitative comparison through Bootcamp (if you have a subscription).
Thank you very much!
I'll stick to the 2016 version in that case.