DAT for NYU ?? anybody thinking about that

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eminemsuperman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ,, I was wondering how many people will actually appear for DAT to get an admission into NYU ???? Is there anyone thinking to appear for it ?? I have talked to a few people and they say they are not interested ... who is going to fill up 125 seats for NYU ??? Please share your views ...

Members don't see this ad.

even I have the same question.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not logic at all to take DAT while all of us are already dentists!!! Where is the concept though?

We shd write/email to admissions office that DAT is meant for candidates who have just passed their 12th, it shd not be for the international dentists.

possibly if they will see that so many of the international dentists will not be able to aaply for this year programm then they might just rethink for the eligibility criteria...................:xf:

Yeah Dimps,, hopefully .. That is what I v been trying to know , how many people are appearing for DAT .???.. So that we all can assess what our chances are for NYU !!! So that if we notice a trend where people are appearing for DAT , the rest of us can make plans to catch up with them !!! Please, if anybody is appearing , post a reply .. thnx ...

hmmmm....like wot score we need for dat?any idea?i think i wud prepre for this exam only after part 2......

@ TOUGH :: I am preparing for part 2 also ..appearing in June !! And then I will follow the trend !! I DONOT WANT TO GIVE DAT !!! but if i dont have another option ,, i will appear for it .. 125 seats is a big deal ... They should Change the criteria !! when are you appearing for part 2 ??

Last edited:
Yeah Dimps,, hopefully .. That is what I v been trying to know , how many people are appearing for DAT .???.. So that we all can assess what our chances are for NYU !!! So that if we notice a trend where people are appearing for DAT , the rest of us can make plans to catch up with them !!! Please, if anybody is appearing , post a reply .. thnx ...
How its possible to know that how many people are taking DAT?
but we can collectively put our views in front of admissions office for reconsidering for the eligibility criteria..............rest up to them what they would do....................but we have less time.......

I have no idea about that . The only hope is all of us coming together and posting on this thread whether each one of us is going to appear or not ...... The deadline is till December !!! May be if they see a decreased influx of applications , they will scrape of this criteria !!! AND if we find enough dentists here against this criteria , we should collectively write to NYU just like DIMPS said !!!!!! WE CAN TRY ,, because the only failure is the failure to try !!!!!!

Im not gonna give DAT..
Im in to write to NYU to take it off their requirements..
anybody else?

At least they should not consider DAT for applicants who have NBDE1 scores.
May be they can ask ppl who have pass/fail NBDE for DAT.

who else .. come'on people :clap::clap:,, we need numbers to convince NYU ... May be one of their faculty reads this thread !!!:ninja: :laugh::laugh:

It is not easy exam...

Count me in - I'm also going to send an email to them.

i dont thinking writing an email is gonna help much coz dey have fixed their admission criteria and even columbia has opted for the same so i guess its tuff luck on us :(

i dont thinking writing an email is gonna help much coz dey have fixed their admission criteria and even columbia has opted for the same so i guess its tuff luck on us :(

Columbia has asked for DAT only from the applicants who have appeared in pass/fail system which is again not too good but still better than nyu ..

we need extra time and money for DAT. and we are always short of them at this point. they should take DAT off. I also do not support it.