DAT is in a little more than a week...Need Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wndrwomn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I have my DAT scheduled for June 5th. I took a Kaplan course-- I needed the structured studying while I was finishing up my semester, but I am still scoring 17 in Bio and 15 in QR. Which makes my AA usually between a 16-18 depending on how the other sections go. PAT has been 19-20. I would really like to score 19-20AA to be considered for dental school.

Overall, I am freaking out that I may not be ready for the test. And I only have a a little over a week. Should I reschedule? I only discovered DAT Bootcamp and SDN's full support for it last week. (My pre-health advisor, nor anyone else really, did not offer any advice in the area of DAT study.) Also not sure if I can afford DAT Destroyer at this point. :/

Any advice is welcome! I tried reading other threads, but I could not find any recent ones. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely postpone. DAT Destroyer is a must IMO, so is DAT Bootcamp. Keep in mind that Kaplan practice exams are also generally more straightforward than the actual ones.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe there is a thread in this forum that compiled the DAT breakdowns from people who scored really high. I'd read some of those breakdowns and make your own study schedule accordingly.

I would definitely postpone- but dont worry cause DAT bootcamp will bring your scores up to a 19/20 AA for sure, you just need time to follow Ari's schedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely postpone- but dont worry cause DAT bootcamp will bring your scores up to a 19/20 AA for sure, you just need time to follow Ari's schedule!
I am applying this cycle to dental school, so do you think if I postpone to end of June that should be enough time?

I am applying this cycle to dental school, so do you think if I postpone to end of June that should be enough time?
I think that could be enough time- but its hard to find an available test date before then so you should look ASAP. I think if you had a solid month to study you could really fit a lot in. It would be pretty intense, but definitely worth it. I think the bootcamp tests have a ton of high yield material on the actual DAT, so it would definitely help to bring up you score. I used kaplan my first time taking the DAT and i don't think it helped me very much.

I think that could be enough time- but its hard to find an available test date before then so you should look ASAP. I think if you had a solid month to study you could really fit a lot in. It would be pretty intense, but definitely worth it. I think the bootcamp tests have a ton of high yield material on the actual DAT, so it would definitely help to bring up you score. I used kaplan my first time taking the DAT and i don't think it helped me very much.
Thank you so much for the input! It actually makes me feel a little better about if I postpone!

You are not ready to take the test. Don't ruin your chances by applying early with not so great scores!
Postpone for a month or until your score above 20+
Check this thread, it has a lot of links to different people who did well and how they managed to do that.
Read their threads and learn from their journey!
You can do it!

DAT Breakdown Compilation Thread (future test takers, look here!)

You are not ready to take the test. Don't ruin your chances by applying early with not so great scores!
Postpone for a month or until your score above 20+
Check this thread, it has a lot of links to different people who did well and how they managed to do that.
Read their threads and learn from their journey!
You can do it!

DAT Breakdown Compilation Thread (future test takers, look here!)
Thank you so much! I was able to find a date at the very end of June (miracle). These breakdowns are helpful! It definitely helps to see what is missing in my studying.