This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missjirafa

Reaction score
Hi all, can you please advise me on my DAT score and whether I should retake? I just took it and the scores are:

PA 19, QR 21, RC 19, BIO 22, GC 18, OC 21= TS 20, AA20

I finished undergrad (3.0) and just completed a post bac (4.0) => now my cGPA 3.26, sGPA 3.15, BCP 3.18, with post bac classes combined.

I have research, community service, volunteering, leadership.

Should I retake the DAT in 90 days from now? Or should I go ahead and apply this June? I'm leaning towards going ahead to work on my personal statement and prepare for this application cycle and apply with the 20. I feel like this is such a limbo situation w/ these scores...and I would love additional opinion to weigh in on this. Can you guys please help me? Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 20210319_174033.jpg
    20210319_174033.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 99
If you apply to the right schools & write a good PS I think you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t recommend retaking unless you’re 110% certain you can improve your score.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree... don't rush retaking your DAT. I would work hard to connect with students and admissions staff at the schools on your list and find out how postbac applicants are evaluated.
I see, this is really helpful to me during this time of deciding on what to do. Thank you so so much for your input!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you apply to the right schools & write a good PS I think you’ll be fine. I wouldn’t recommend retaking unless you’re 110% certain you can improve your score.
Thank you for this tip. I'll definitely start working on the writing process now that I'm not currently studying for the DAT anymore...!

Do you have most of the other stuff ready for your app? PS, LORs, school list etc. If everything is all set and you have extra energy/time to give it another go then you can, otherwise I would just try to get things ready and apply.

Submit on day one of the cycle.