DAT Mastery App? Last Minute Study Tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey all,

So I'm taking my DAT this Friday, and I have gone through Destroyer about 7 or 8 times (I know it like the back of my hand). I have been just using random online resources, some of which @orgoman22 shared with me (thank you very much!). I have the DAT Mastery App on my phone and also have used it on my computer, however, I feel it is way more difficult than the real DAT. DAT Mastery has biochemistry and complex organic chemistry reactions-- I feel it is more an application of basic organic chem concepts but on steroids (even harder than Destroyer). The PAT material on the Mastery App is also somewhat difficult, but not more so than Bootcamp.

Honestly, I feel like I've prepared extensively for this test. For Bio, I read through all of DAT Bootcamp notes, I briefly read Feralis and DAT Destroyer Dynamite Bio Notes, and I went through Cliff's AP Bio about 2-3 times. I also took tests from Qvault, Bootcamp, and Genius. For both chems, I studied Destroyer and took a couple practice tests on Bootcamp and Genius. For PAT, I used the BC generator every day-- I spent 15 minutes per generator. I also used CDP software although I didn't find it that difficult (scored 21+ on all the tests). For math, I just went through DAT Destroyer and MATH Destroyer, but I love math so I'm not really concerned about that section. For RC, I often read Scientific American articles, but I recently bought a novel I was interested in, and I just finished it (honestly, I'm starting to enjoy reading). However, for time efficiency on the test, I'm just gonna use S+D.

All in all, I studied for 2.5+ months, and I'm not sure how much more I should go. What do y'all think? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

you sound more than prepared to me! just refresh material over the next few days, and make sure to get adequate rest throughout the week. good luck! :clap:

Well, I only got to finish bio once, 2/3 of Chem and 1/3 of OC, so if you did them like 7 times and know them all, you are golden. I just want decent score haha... I will follow ya the next day. Confidence is the half of the battle. Just keep calm, which is what I am trying to do as well and just light review of bookmarked questions on BC if you have any.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

So I'm taking my DAT this Friday, and I have gone through Destroyer about 7 or 8 times (I know it like the back of my hand). I have been just using random online resources, some of which @orgoman22 shared with me (thank you very much!). I have the DAT Mastery App on my phone and also have used it on my computer, however, I feel it is way more difficult than the real DAT. DAT Mastery has biochemistry and complex organic chemistry reactions-- I feel it is more an application of basic organic chem concepts but on steroids (even harder than Destroyer). The PAT material on the Mastery App is also somewhat difficult, but not more so than Bootcamp.

Honestly, I feel like I've prepared extensively for this test. For Bio, I read through all of DAT Bootcamp notes, I briefly read Feralis and DAT Destroyer Dynamite Bio Notes, and I went through Cliff's AP Bio about 2-3 times. I also took tests from Qvault, Bootcamp, and Genius. For both chems, I studied Destroyer and took a couple practice tests on Bootcamp and Genius. For PAT, I used the BC generator every day-- I spent 15 minutes per generator. I also used CDP software although I didn't find it that difficult (scored 21+ on all the tests). For math, I just went through DAT Destroyer and MATH Destroyer, but I love math so I'm not really concerned about that section. For RC, I often read Scientific American articles, but I recently bought a novel I was interested in, and I just finished it (honestly, I'm starting to enjoy reading). However, for time efficiency on the test, I'm just gonna use S+D.

All in all, I studied for 2.5+ months, and I'm not sure how much more I should go. What do y'all think? Thank you!
How did you end up doing?

When you write your DAT mind letting us know if you think that DAT mastery app is any useful? I'm looking into getting it too but haven't heard anything about it yet

Edit: I just realized you wrote the DAT recently! Congrats on your scores! Did you find that app useful?

When you write your DAT mind letting us know if you think that DAT mastery app is any useful? I'm looking into getting it too but haven't heard anything about it yet

Edit: I just realized you wrote the DAT recently! Congrats on your scores! Did you find that app useful?
Thanks! It was way harder than the real test. Overall, the DAT Mastery App wasn't super helpful. It's good practice, but not representative at all of the real test. Good luck!

DAT mastery app isn’t an accurate representation. It’ll feed you some basic information for the actual exam so it’ll be mostly like an overview of what you studied.