DAT Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pro-Dentite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have a few questions about the DAT. I am thinking about taking it this summer.

When I decide to take it, I just go to the Sylvan Testing Center, fill out an application there, and then set a date for when I want to take it?

Studying for the DAT:

From what I hear, the Math and Reading sections are very easy. So would it be safe to say that doing the practice test will probably be enough on those sections? (I know everybody's different, but what do you think?)

Organic: Just know all the reactions, naming, mechanisms, and SN1, SN2, E1, E2 right? Are most of the questions something like, "What is the major product of this reaction"?

Bio: Know the parts of the cell, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, genetics, protein synthesis, evolution, and all the classifications and phylum names of organisms? This sounds like the worst part.

GenChem: Acid/Base reactions,...? I can't even remember what we did in General Chemistry. What was on your test?

PAT: practice, practice, practice, right?

Tell me if I am leaving anything out. Any advice of what you think is the best way to prepare would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You're all on the ball for the most part. As for general chem, there's acid/base stuff, Ksp, stoichiometry, gas laws...just hit all the major topics in your undergrad book, and you'll be set. Good luck!