DAT Reading Comprehension - ACT passages vs. Random scientific artciles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ahmadtoo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading a scientific article a day, but I feel like it's not helping much since they don't have questions following them.

I was considering buying some ACT reading passages for practice since they have questions.

-Would anyone recommend this?
-How similar are the ACT passages compared to the DAT passages?
-Would the ACT passages prepare me better than random scientific articles, or would it be the other way around?

Basically I'm just trying to figure out if ACT passages would be rendered as a waste of my time or if they'll be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say it's better to read random scientific articles to get a feel for the scientific "density" of how the real thing can be. But even more preferable to that is passages and questions that imitate the DAT...in order of preference for that I would go with Bootcamp, then Qvault RC, then CrackDAT RC.

I would say it's better to read random scientific articles to get a feel for the scientific "density" of how the real thing can be. But even more preferable to that is passages and questions that imitate the DAT...in order of preference for that I would go with Bootcamp, then Qvault RC, then CrackDAT RC.

Yup getting those, thank you!

I was just trying to figure out what's available for me to do something daily for 2 months, aside from the DAT material that I will be studying.

I wasn't born in the U.S so my RC is my worst and I'm just trying everything to raise it.