This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guerrero08

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN friends,

I have a couple questions and doubts about the application process, I just retook the DAT on January 4th,

the first time I took the DAT, my scores were the following:

OGPA: 3.1, SGPA:3.3

PAT:19, Q.R: 14, RC: 15, BIO: 17,G.C: 17, O.C: 20, T.S: 18, A.A: 17

The second time I took the DAT, my scores were the following:
PAT:19, Q.R: 16, RC: 17, BIO: 18, G.C:19, O.C:19, T.S 19, A.A 18

I am a resident of MD and I applied this cycle to start on August 2018 however the advisor told me that I retook the DAT kinda of too late and my scores should be acceptable for an interview not for this upcoming cycle but the next one over. My dream school is MD so I do not know if my second DAT scores are acceptable and if they should be enough and not retake it a third time. as many of you guys could have gone through this process, what would you guys suggest me to do in my case, I am kinda confused on what to do now since if I just relax and not think about retaking it, I might forget all the material studied for the one I just took.

I also applied to more schools, and I would want to ask if lets say another school such as lets say Howard University accepts for this cycle, could I start tis cycle and then transfer back to MD on my second year, could you guys help me out here, I am kind of like in the air without any direction and confused so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN friends,

I have a couple questions and doubts about the application process, I just retook the DAT on January 4th,

I am a resident of MD and I applied this cycle to start on August 2018 however the advisor told me that I retook the DAT kinda of too late and my scores should be acceptable for an interview not for this upcoming cycle but the next one over. My dream school is MD so I do not know if my second DAT scores are acceptable and if they should be enough and not retake it a third time. as many of you guys could have gone through this process, what would you guys suggest me to do in my case, I am kinda confused on what to do now since if I just relax and not think about retaking it, I might forget all the material studied for the one I just took.

I also applied to more schools, and I would want to ask if lets say another school such as lets say Howard University accepts for this cycle, could I start tis cycle and then transfer back to MD on my second year, could you guys help me out here, I am kind of like in the air without any direction and confused so any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

While there is truly no way to know how adcoms look at apps, you're gpa seems very low for dental school and therefore I would think a 20+ would be better for a good shot at dental school. Good Luck!

Open quote for responses, best of luck!

Hi SDN friends,

I think you should plan on retaking the DAT. Aim for above a 21 because your GPA is low.
Most schools do not accept transfers.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
While there is truly no way to know how adcoms look at apps, you're gpa seems very low for dental school and therefore I would think a 20+ would be better for a good shot at dental school. Good Luck!
Open quote for responses, best of luck!
So I see you guys suggest me to go for a retake but how could I improve my studying like what would you recommend, I been using DAT destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs, Feralis, DAT BC, Crack dat Pat, taking notes, watching videos, etc. Like what newer stuff could you recommend me so I can jump around the 20+ range

So I see you guys suggest me to go for a retake but how could I improve my studying like what would you recommend, I been using DAT destroyer, Math destroyer, Cliffs, Feralis, DAT BC, Crack dat Pat, taking notes, watching videos, etc. Like what newer stuff could you recommend me so I can jump around the 20+ range
How many times did you go through destroyer?

How many times did you go through destroyer?

I went twice and took notes from the ones I made a mistake but like a months a half before my test date after that I focused on Bootcamp taking and retaking the exams and review the ones I got wrong in the exams, do you think it might be because I might forgotten some questions in destroyer and how about datqvault, would you suggest it?

I went twice and took notes from the ones I made a mistake but like a months a half before my test date after that I focused on Bootcamp taking and retaking the exams and review the ones I got wrong in the exams, do you think it might be because I might forgotten some questions in destroyer and how about datqvault, would you suggest it?

For bio read Alan’s notes everyday. This is what I did to score a 22 in bio along with destroyer. Alan’s notes are way shorter than Feralis and keeps things fresh in your head. For chemistry if you’ve done destroyer and you’re struggling you need to go back and rewatch all of chads videos then redo destroyer. For QR and RC I can’t comment cause I didn’t study for those sections. Your PAT is fine so just practice a little with BC.