This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrB_04

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know oftentimes it is more helpful to reach out to admission officers at individual schools regarding the question to retake the DAT or not, but I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on my current situation. I plan on applying June 2019. The part that bugs me the most about my DAT score is the General Chemistry. It has always been one of my strongest subjects (undergrad classes and practice DAT exams), and I actually felt confident after the section on the real DAT.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year in school: Junior
Major: Human Biology

GPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.76

DAT Breakdown: 20AA/20TS/22BIO/17GC/22OC/18PAT/19RC/21QR

Extra-Curricular: Student Athlete, Tutor (Biology and Chemistry), Research, Working during school year

Solid amount of shadowing hours and volunteer hours

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your time

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I know oftentimes it is more helpful to reach out to admission officers at individual schools regarding the question to retake the DAT or not, but I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on my current situation. I plan on applying June 2019. The part that bugs me the most about my DAT score is the General Chemistry. It has always been one of my strongest subjects (undergrad classes and practice DAT exams), and I actually felt confident after the section on the real DAT.

Extra-Curricular: Student Athlete, Tutor (Biology and Chemistry), Research, Working during school year

Thanks for your time
You're set.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Thanks for your time

Congratulations! I would call the schools directly and get their advice. Your scores are good with the exception of GC and your GPA is fantastic. I notice you tutor Chemistry, why not a higher score in the GC? Did you run out of time?

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Congratulations! I would call the schools directly and get their advice. Your scores are good with the exception of GC and your GPA is fantastic. I notice you tutor Chemistry, why not a higher score in the GC? Did you run out of time?

Wishing you the best!

Nancy
Thank you for the input! Timing was not really an issue with GC. I utilized the whole allotted time for the Natural Sciences section, but I did not feel rushed. I felt really good about GC when I pressed submit, and I was actually expecting the score to be as high, if not higher, than my OC and Bio.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy
Thanks for the response, GC can be tricky indeed with many different versions on the DAT. It's not hard to get a tricky problem and not even realize it and get it wrong. Now that you have taken the DAT you can see the DAT Beast if a very challenging opponent.

Keep up the great work, and protect your high GPA, you can always take the DAT again but can't change your GPA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user