This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sameffect

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just took my DAT today, but the scores I got for the PAT were no where near what I wanted and there is a reason why I got it.

Breakdown:
Perceptual Ability 14
Quantitative Reasoning 18
Reading Comprehension 19
Biology 19
General Chemistry 24
Organic Chemistry 18
Total Science 19
Academic Average 20

As I was halfway into the PAT during my exam today, the proctor came to me and told me that he had given me the wrong key for my locker and that I had to check out from my station and go with him so he can sort the issue. The conversation was happening and the clock was not stopped. He later turned off my computer and I went with him to fix the issue. When I came back to my station and continued with the PAT section, after a few minutes, the computer froze and the time was still running. I couldn't click on my answer choices and it logged me out. They had to move me to a new station so I could continue with my PAT section. However, I kept my composure and finished my entire exam.

I will definitely be filing a complaint, but I wanted to get your take on that score would look like on my application. Right now, the best I am hoping for is that they allow me to retake the DAT before the 3 month time so I can send my new scores, but then again that would be counted as a second attempt for my DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I have worked with many students who were granted a retake, you will not have to wait 3 months and you first scores will not be counted. Report asap for consideration. Follow the guidelines below posted in the 2018 ADA DAT Guide page 27.

If you experience problems with testing conditions, you must notify the test administrator immediately; do not proceed with testing unless the problem is resolved. Unresolved concerns should be reported to [email protected] within five business days of your testing appointment.

Hope this helps...Nancy

FYI 2018 guide is attached

Attachments

• 2018_DAT_Guide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 77
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you @orgoman22 !! My issue is resolved and they have given me a free retest. Their number is (800)232-1694.

Test is on July 27. I am hoping I don't become a late applicant, but I'll do my best for the DAT

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you @orgoman22 !! My issue is resolved and they have given me a free retest. Their number is (800)232-1694.

Test is on July 27. I am hoping I don't become a late applicant, but I'll do my best for the DAT
That is fantastic news! All things happen for a reason, and hopefully, these few extra weeks will increase your score a point or 2.

Wishing you the best...

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you @orgoman22 once again. Just got my DAT scores

PAT 19
QR 21
RC 20
Bio 19
GC 20
OC 19
TS 19
AA 20

I improved my scores in all but chem, (my chem was extremely hard), but with my GPA and its ECs, I am happy with my current scores.

Thank you for the motivation :D

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you @orgoman22 once again. Just got my DAT scores

PAT 19
QR 21
RC 20
Bio 19
GC 20
OC 19
TS 19
AA 20

I improved my scores in all but chem, (my chem was extremely hard), but with my GPA and its ECs, I am happy with my current scores.

Thank you for the motivation :D

consistent scores! nice job man.

also, looks like you may have had the same GC section as @BatedPenguin. He complained of it being disproportionately hard compared to BC

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
consistent scores! nice job man.

also, looks like you may have had the same GC section as @BatedPenguin. He complained of it being disproportionately hard compared to BC
Thank you :) Its been a long journey, but damn it was worth the stress xD Yeah the BC and QV GCs were a piece of cake, but the real DAT one was weird. But oh well its over now. I think I might do a breakdown on this forum and perhaps the Facebook group to tell people what to avoid and what to do

Reactions: 1 users