DAT Self Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkNARF

A is A
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Kaplan DAT class has been cancelled in my area due to lack of interest. I am not fending for myself for DAT prep. This is how I plan to prepare:
PAT: Barrons DAT Book (I hear only the PAT section is good)
QR: Kaplan MathPower
Bio: Kaplan Book
Chem: ExamCrackers 1001 Chem Questions
O-Chem: ExamCrackers 1001 O-Chem Questions
Does anyone know if topscore is that good. I use a Mac, and don't want to have to buy a PC just to use topscore. Also, can anyone recommend a resource to prepare for RC?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should get topscore, it's about the closest you'll get to the real thing. and the structure + directions are very similiar. Don't get a PC just for Topscore. See if you can get virtual pc for MAC (I am a pc user and don't know they detaills) but presumably there are several programs that allow you to run pc programs on MAC.
I think the plan you developed will work nicely, but make sure you stick to it.

Here I provide you with some links to Virtual PC resources, it should certainly be cheaper than buying a new pc
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,48964,00.html
Also go to CNET and research there,

Good luck

edkNARF,

Kaplan center that i studied at had no DAT class either, but i sat through all MCAT classes (except physics) as if i was studying for MCAT. it really helped me with reviewing the material, but it wasnt complete b/c there are many differences. i suggest you do the same. if they have an OAT class... sit through theirs as well (helps with math and reading). if you can get yourself into a math section of GRE class too, do it. you have paid the $$$ to attend the class, and now it is canceled, they will let you sit in any class just if you are nice to them.

good luck to you.

Comet