This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shellsterpie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I took the DAT back in February and scored:
AA: 20
TS: 22
BIO: 23
GC: 21
OC: 21
RC: 21
PAT: 18
QR: 16 :confused:

Not too happy with my PAT and especially my QR score.
My oGPA is 3.8 and sGPA is ~3.65.

I am in the midst of making of list of schools to apply to and wasn't sure how many I should add.
Do you guys think I should retake, esp because of my QR score?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your low PAT section will definitely lower your chances at a few schools. In terms of your QR, check to see if any of the schools on your list have a score cutoff that will get your application immediately rejected if so remove them. I think there are a few schools that don't accept DAT scores with anything below a 17, but I am not entirely sure.

You have a great TS and GPA, so I think you have a good shot of getting some interviews if you apply to the right schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeaaah, don't retake your DAT for a bad QR score.

Your GPA is competitive and your scores are in line for matriculates. Yes your PAT is a little low, but assuming the rest of your application is in line it shouldn't hold you back from getting interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeaaah, don't retake your DAT for a bad QR score.

Your GPA is competitive and your scores are in line for matriculates. Yes your PAT is a little low, but assuming the rest of your application is in line it shouldn't hold you back from getting interviews.

Thank you for your response! How many schools do you suggest I should apply to?

We had similar score! I usually do well in QR, but my QR section had a lot of new "Quantitative Comparison" and that threw me off lol I was thinking about retaking it too because my QR brought my AA. I got 22 TS and 20 AA and 22 on PAT

Where do you live?
how is the rest of your application? EC's, shadowing, community service?
I am a SC resident, but I go to school OOS. I have a lot of EC's, including leadership roles, and 200+ hours of shadowing with 150+ volunteer hours.
I have a committee letter attached with a dentist LOR if that helps!

We had similar score! I usually do well in QR, but my QR section had a lot of new "Quantitative Comparison" and that threw me off lol I was thinking about retaking it too because my QR brought my AA. I got 22 TS and 20 AA and 22 on PAT
Hey, at least your PAT score is great! Hopefully it is true that QR is the least important lol.

Your low PAT section will definitely lower your chances at a few schools. In terms of your QR, check to see if any of the schools on your list have a score cutoff that will get your application immediately rejected if so remove them. I think there are a few schools that don't accept DAT scores with anything below a 17, but I am not entirely sure.

You have a great TS and GPA, so I think you have a good shot of getting some interviews if you apply to the right schools.
That PAT won't make or break anything. I got a 17 on my PAT. The 16 QR is a different aspect but luckily QR is the least weighted score

I don't think you should retake. I have seen people get in with QR scores as low as 13.

I am a SC resident, but I go to school OOS. I have a lot of EC's, including leadership roles, and 200+ hours of shadowing with 150+ volunteer hours.
I have a committee letter attached with a dentist LOR if that helps!

Too be on the safe side I would apply to 8-10 carefully picked schools if I were in your shoes

You're good...
I got into a couple of schools for this coming up yr with similar if not worse stats.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I am not sure, but these seem like a good stats ( except for the QR!) [very good gpa, very good shadowing and volunteering hours. Just make sure you apply to more than 10+ schools 12ivsh or something. Choose wisely, and broadly.
and it helps if you show the list for the SDN to help you finalize the list

By the way, nobody can give you the right answer, sometimes you need to follow your heart!

You're good...
I got into a couple of schools for this coming up yr with similar if not worse stats.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing which schools?

I am not sure, but these seem like a good stats ( except for the QR!) [very good gpa, very good shadowing and volunteering hours. Just make sure you apply to more than 10+ schools 12ivsh or something. Choose wisely, and broadly.
and it helps if you show the list for the SDN to help you finalize the list

By the way, nobody can give you the right answer, sometimes you need to follow your heart!

Yes, I am planning on selecting a broad range of schools to apply to!
And I agree, the heart is never wrong ;)