DAT study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase some materials to help me with my studies. It seems that everyone has different opinions about various products and I hope to figure out which stuff is worth getting. So this is what I'm thinking:

Crack DAT PAT (I heard this is a must)

Crack DAT MATH (is this worth it?)

DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer combo (yes?)

DAT Achiever (3 or 5 test version?)

This probably adds up to around $500...wow. What should I definitely get? And what is not worth the money? Also, should I add TopScore to the list? Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking to purchase some materials to help me with my studies. It seems that everyone has different opinions about various products and I hope to figure out which stuff is worth getting. So this is what I'm thinking:

This probably adds up to around $500...wow. What should I definitely get? And what is not worth the money? Also, should I add TopScore to the list? Please help!

A lot of what you get depends on how solid of a background you have. There are a few must haves though. I would say CDP is about the only accurate representation of the PAT for both time and difficulty. CRM is not as good as CDP but much better since they have video tutorials explaining the correct answer. It is great for getting the feel of how little time you really have though. SO if time is an issue and for most not math majors it is then I would get CDM. Destroyer I would say is a must however Math destroyer i would say is on the boarder if you have the cash and really really need practice get it. I would get Achiever before top score. But just get the 3 test version. The last 2 test are so difficult that it doesn't even really help. Another source that i would say is a must and great for staring to review chemistries are "chads videos" you can do a forum search and find the course saver link.

Crack DAT PAT - yes
Crack DAT Math - Maybe...not really necessary if you have KBB and Math Destroyer
DAT Destroyer & MATH Destroyer - yes
DAT Achiever - yes - 3 test version, supposedly the 4th and 5th tests are unnecessarily hard
Kaplan Blue Book - Maybe...gives you a good base knowledge - especially in the chemistries
Cliffs AP Biology Review (3rd ed) - Definitely yes
Top Score - Maybe, if you need more practice tests after Achiever

100% yes to all of the above except Archiver, I don't know anything about it