DAT tomorrow help! Chance my scores on bootcamp. Can't reschedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geologynerd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am freaking out because my DAT is tomorrow. I cannot reschedule and studying has been tough as I am working full time and only get a few hours of studying a day.

What are my chances of getting at least a 20 or above on each section? Are my bootcamp scores too low?
Any last minute tips?

(Average scores on bootcamp)

Biology 17
PAT-17
Gen Chem 20
Organic Chem 18
Quantitative reasoning 20
Reading 18

Members don't see this ad.

Have you improved over the average? Or stayed the same throughout studying. I did a little better on the real thing but really BC was very accurate overall.

Reactions: 1 user
usually +1-3 race for real scores.

you can go ahead and take the plunge.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you improved over the average? Or stayed the same throughout studying. I did a little better on the real thing but really BC was very accurate overall.
I've been getting almost the same scores constantly without much variation. Sometimes I'll get a point below but roughly I'm at around those numbers!

Wow thanks! This is what I needed :) I've been on sdn looking at the bootcamp vs real scores but I still feel bad. I'm okay with not getting stellar scores since I have a good gpa but I'd like at least a 20 or higher since I can't retake or reschedule

It's unlikely that you'll be able to change your scores drastically the day before. Go relax and get a good nights sleep to ensure that you'll be able to do your best tomorrow. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I've been getting almost the same scores constantly without much variation. Sometimes I'll get a point below but roughly I'm at around those numbers!

Well then don't freak. Get some rest. Watch some good TV and relax. Honestly I think part of the battle is just not freaking out.

Reactions: 2 users
Take a deep breath. Get some good sleep. Try to relax and take the exam tomorrow :)
Good luck!

You got this!!! Confidence is key. Don't study more than 1 more hour. Eat something healthy and take something tasty as a snack. I believe in you my g :)

Reactions: 1 users
Confidence and sleep with get you there! I was making 15s the day before on bootcamp and pulled out a 20

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
You should get a good night rest. wake up fresh the next morning and tell yourself you can do this! After all we all know that the studying material is much more challenging than the actual exam. By entering the exam with confidence your mind is sharper and your chances to excel is greater. You're bulky scores are what they are and remember that this is only a partial weight of your total application weight. I bet you will do better on the exam tomorrow! Good Luck YOU CAN DO IT!

You should get a good night rest. wake up fresh the next morning and tell yourself you can do this! After all we all know that the studying material is much more challenging than the actual exam. By entering the exam with confidence your mind is sharper and your chances to excel is greater. You're bulky scores are what they are and remember that this is only a partial weight of your total application weight. I bet you will do better on the exam tomorrow! Good Luck YOU CAN DO IT!
THANKS!!

BC: Real (took it last week)
Bio 18: 20
OC: 19:20
GC 20:23
RC: 18:22
PAT 20:19 (ran out of time on the actual. Thought keyholes were much harder)
QR: 19:21

Overall: did better on the real thing than bootcamp. Don't stress, be quick, efficient, and know you're going to kill it.

This thread is great. Gives me hope for my DAT in 2.5 weeks :) Goodluck and Godspeed, OP!!!

You should be alright. Relax, good sleep, and a good breakfast.

Overall: did better on the real thing than bootcamp. Don't stress, be quick, efficient, and know you're going to kill it.
Thanks for the reassurance! This makes me feel a lot better. Great scores btw, good luck with schools!

CONFIDENCE!! Go in there angry and make that test your *****! Seriously, do not let it intimidate you. No matter what you score, you're going to treat yourself to a beer, some ice cream, whatever it is you want.
But the best you can do is relax, and have a good mindset.

Good luck, get some rest, and kill it tomorrow!

thanks guys! I feel a lot better :)

Good luck :) It's an easy test to be honest. Focus and you'll be fine. Update us on your scores.
I'm guessing your DAT scores will look like this.

Biology 20
PAT 22
Gen Chem 23
Organic Chem 20
Quantitative reasoning 24
Reading 22

You'll be fine

Last edited:

Congrats, Great scores!
Don't worry about PAT, a 19 is fine. And yeah, the keyholes on mine were crazy too. In fact, I noticed that HP (what I thought was probably the easiest part on practice), was much harder on the real DAT. they had some weird folds INTO the screen where you couldn't see edge of the "paper," and the 1/3 folds. I took a little longer on that than I wanted to.
It all worked out.

Anyway, I hope OP won't read this until after the test lol. I really hope he does well, it's such a nerve-wracking experience.
I can't even imagine NBDE....

You guys are amazing for hanging on to this post :)

I had a lot of nerves that hit me.
Some of the sections I did worse than I did on bootcamp, and some better. For example, I estimated my reading score when I posted it above since I only took part of a bc test, but I ended up with a relatively high grade with almost no prep. Biology was a lot easier for me. Also QR is my favorite and as a calculus tutor I thought I'd excel in that section. But I ran out of time on the real DAT and I'm killing myself for that. I truly believe that being calm is half the key to doing well.

Here are my official dat scores from today. Thanks for all the support! Let me know if they're too low though, because I was a bit disappointed with them, especially PAT. I feel like I could get into some schools and I also have a relatively good gpa (I hope schools look at gpa more). But overall I hope I have a chance. I'll be posting this again in a Chance Me thread.

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

Reactions: 3 users

Some of the sections I did worse than I did on bootcamp, and some better. For example, I estimated my reading score when I posted it above since I only took part of a bc test, but I ended up with a relatively high grade with almost no prep. Biology was a lot easier for me. Also QR is my favorite and as a calculus tutor I thought I'd excel in that section. But I ran out of time on the real DAT and I'm killing myself for that. I truly believe that being calm is half the key to doing well.

Here are my official dat scores from today. Thanks for all the support! Let me know if they're too low though, because I was a bit disappointed with them, especially PAT. I feel like I could get into some schools and I also have a relatively good gpa (I hope schools look at gpa more). But overall I hope I have a chance. I'll be posting this again in a Chance Me thread.

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

Not bad at all!!! nothing requiring a retake I would think. Congrats, it's over! Go turn up

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

You did great. I'd be very happy with those scores if I took my dat tomorrow. However even though you aren't exceeding any records, you definitely won't need to retake as long as you have a decent GPA and EC's

Not bad at all!!! nothing requiring a retake I would think. Congrats, it's over! Go turn up
Good to hear thanks! I felt sad at first but now I'm relieved it's over! And if others think the score isn't bad I'm satisfied :) I'm thankful for all the nice words from everyone

You did great. I'd be very happy with those scores if I took my dat tomorrow. However even though you aren't exceeding any records, you definitely won't need to retake as long as you have a decent GPA and EC's
Thank you! Sometimes I forget that the dat isn't the only thing that factors in. Now I can relax. I wish dental schools knew how much time we all had to study haha

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

I think these are really good! Don't be discouraged by the SDN overachievers Also, although you're bummed about the QR score, I bet schools will see your calc tutor work and understand that math isn't anything they should be concerned about with you. Now go celebrate that you're DONE!

I took 5 practice DAT and the highest score I received was a 19. Going in to take the real DAT i got a 21. Confidence is key.

That's what happened to me, go for it and feel confident!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

I would be proud of those scores :) Good job!

I think these are really good! Don't be discouraged by the SDN overachievers Also, although you're bummed about the QR score, I bet schools will see your calc tutor work and understand that math isn't anything they should be concerned about with you. Now go celebrate that you're DONE!
Good point! Thank you!

PAT -17
QR- 18
RC -20
Bio- 21
OC- 19
GC - 19
TS- 20
AA- 19

Yay!! Congrats!

You did great. I'd be happy with them! :) You shouldn't have any problems! Good luck!