Dating as a pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SWSF

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been hearing from my pharmacist friends that there are not too many educated and financial stable guys nowadays. It is hard for them to meet the "right" guys. I am too old to go clubbing and too young get set-up. So, where do you guys meet other decent people? Let the secrets out! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Many financially stable and professional guys don't like living in overcrowded cities. (I'm just getting my degree) In NYC for example educated women 21-26 or something like that outnumber men in that category by like 20% or some huge disparity. Look it up yourself. Men like having their own yard, their own car, their own house, their guns etc. Also, women get better GPAs in school (care more, study more) but when they get out they make less $$ (less hours, not as arrogant to negotiate good salary) Men score better on standardized tests however.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been hearing from my pharmacist friends that there are not too many educated and financial stable guys nowadays. It is hard for them to meet the "right" guys. I am too old to go clubbing and too young get set-up. So, where do you guys meet other decent people? Let the secrets out! :laugh:

I'm very interested to know this too.

I've had luck with OKcupid (met couple lawyers and physician residents as well as insurance agents and artsy guys) but I was set up with the current boy by one of the RNs I work with.

I also got involved with the local junior chamber of commerce. Basically a social/drinking club of young professionals and business owners with a bit of philanthropy. I found this through the guy I'm dating, but it would've been a good outlet even without him.

Reactions: 1 users
rule number 1 of looking: stop looking.

Long-term relationships or marriage never made practical sense to me. Nothing more than a modern social construct.

But to each their own.

Long-term relationships or marriage never made practical sense to me. Nothing more than a modern social construct.

But to each their own.

Rule number 2: Ignore rule number 1

Reactions: 2 users
Good men are invisible. They go to work (or school). Then they go to the gym. Then they order food to take out and eat at home. This process is repeated the next day. The "right guys" don't go to clubs or bars on a regular basis. You're more likely to find them at something "boring" like church, a library, volunteering, or playing video games with their buddies.

Reactions: 5 users

But to each their own.

What?

nevermind.... I read it wrong.

But to each their own.

Its not modern at all.
alone1.jpg

Long-term relationships or marriage never made practical sense to me. Nothing more than a modern social construct..

לֹא-טוֹב הֱיוֹת הָאָדָם לְבַדּוֹ Genesis 2:18. A very modern concept:eek:

It is not good for man to be alone..... Define modern.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Good men are invisible. They go to work (or school). Then they go to the gym. Then they order food to take out and eat at home. This process is repeated the next day. The "right guys" don't go to clubs or bars on a regular basis. You're more likely to find them at something "boring" like church, a library, volunteering, or playing video games with their buddies.

Thats me minus the gym part, volunteering and going to the library. Man am I boring lol

im curious as to what type of profession pharmacists try to date (accountant, physician, another pharmacist, etc.) I have heard in New York City a lot of girls that are successful will only date of similar profession/wealth.

Its not modern at all.
alone1.jpg

meh...

לֹא-טוֹב הֱיוֹת הָאָדָם לְבַדּוֹ Genesis 2:18. A very modern concept:eek:

It is not good for man to be alone..... Define modern.....

I have seen your arguments on different issues on this here board and I just know that I cannot outwit you, especially on this topic.

Hence, to each their own.

My wife (of almost 8 years) and I met in a club in Downtown Orlando, but you are right, it's the exception.

To the original OP, have you tried dressing a little more...how do I say.....whor...nevermind. Forget I said anything.:laugh:

Seriously, stop looking and you will find someone. It just may not be who you thought it would be.

I don't know if you can define it as "good men." But it is me. Work work, home, chill, rinse and repeat. Hobby clubs and stuff can be a good way to meet people.

Sorry, we're all married, you gotta strike sooner. Now you'll just have to wait out the dating dark ages until the Divorce's start.

Reactions: 1 user
I never asked for this. :cry: (well, balding...)
same, pharmacy school is making me lose my hair. It never happened in undergrad goodness. Im really scared because all my pharmacy male professors are balded or balding. Females dont have the hair loss genes, us males do. Geez go easy on us :scared:

Reactions: 1 users
meh...

I have seen your arguments on different issues on this here board and I just know that I cannot outwit you, especially on this topic.

Hence, to each their own.

Of course you misconstrue, intentionally I assume to cover your error, my statement quoting the bible, in the original Hebrew for your benefit, and twist it around so you think I am making the argument about marriage. An argument by the way I would be delighted to have any time. What myself and others are pointing out is that marriage is not a modern construct as you maintained by saying it's "Nothing more than a modern social construct", but an ancient one.

What myself and others are pointing out is that marriage is not a modern construct as you maintained by saying it's "Nothing more than a modern social construct", but an ancient one.

I love modern Construx.

construx2.jpg

Hmm, sounds exactly like me. Thing is, it hasn't gotten me anywhere and more than likely never will (I know right, not with that attitude).

Post a pic here, I'm sure you'll be getting creepy PMs in no time!

I think most people usually meet the right guy when they are not actually looking. Best advice is to go out and do things and be a happy person. And maybe lower your standards a bit (in a good way :)).

Reactions: 2 users
I think most people usually meet the right guy when they are not actually looking. Best advice is to go out and do things and be a happy person. And maybe lower your standards a bit (in a good way :)).

Is there a bad way? :smuggrin:

I'm sure there is! Hmm, drug dealers, Johns, etc. need not apply.

it also doesn't help that the ratio of female to male in pharmacy school is 3 to 1.

Sounds risky to me.

it also doesn't help that the ratio of female to male in pharmacy school is 3 to 1.

That ratio sounds great for guys until you realize that a large number of female pharmacy students are married or engaged. Or at least that's how it is with my class.

That ratio sounds great for guys until you realize that a large number of female pharmacy students are married or engaged. Or at least that's how it is with my class.

What? My school has lots of women that are single. Good guys are taken :(

I expected all the older pharmacists to be taken. However, now all the sudden the ladies I know from college are engaged or married. Not sure how much longer I can feel cool being a bachelor!

That's no problem, just be a better catch than the husband or fiance and you're set. When they see how amazingly intelligent, dashing, and charming you are, they'll realize what a fool they've been ever living without you.

During school is the best time. Met my wife, heck every girl I dated, during school. Don't really have to look, things just happen, although a bit of chasing is still required sometimes. ;)

Out of school, I have to agree with the person who said chamber of commerce.

lol Im single in pharmacy school, and a lot of girls are looking for a relationship, Yes, most of the guys and girls are taken! I dont know if I get into a relationship, would it get in between my studies? Im asian... so my parents are against me dating...

lol Im single in pharmacy school, and a lot of girls are looking for a relationship, Yes, most of the guys and girls are taken! I dont know if I get into a relationship, would it get in between my studies? Im asian... so my parents are against me dating...

you are not alone.

But you're posting on a pharmacy board. :cry:

Lol, I guess I should have clarified that as illegal drug dealers.

I just think some women have unrealistically high expectations of what a long term relationship or their future mate should be like (not saying the OP does, just that I know other women like this....)

Ill be single in pharmacy school. I hope I meet a few guys there in the med or public health program!!!

Not to shoot your hopes down or sound sexist, but in a sociology aspect, its usually hard for female professionals to find a guy. From a woman's POV, they set their standards too high, and from a guy's POV, its preferable not to date a woman who has a higher/better degree than they do or make more money than they do due to ego

From a woman's POV, they set their standards too high, and from a guy's POV, its preferable not to date a woman who has a higher/better degree than they do or make more money than they do due to ego

Its true. I wouldn't want a type-A gunner wife anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.