MD Dating, Older Med. Student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IRAD4LIFE

Reaction score
Hey y'all, I'm a 29 year old male, plan is to start Med. School at 32. Never dated before, life happened, Medical crisis, procedure, all better now, 100% and I am back in college to go to Med. School. I don't want to be single forever right ... and I am not sure how and when I will meet the girl for me. All the girls at college are 18-23 and at 29, not sure how a 20 year old would feel dating me rn, not to mention all the older girls are taken already. If I wait until I start Medical School at 32, what are the odds I can date a 23-27 year old female medical student? How will I meet someone? I do not want to marry someone who has been divorced due to religious beliefs.
Ladies, how would you feel as a single medical student at 23-32 years old dating a 32 year old medical student? I know there are nurses, PA's, and online dating available as well but they need to be single, never married, and a quality girl with her life together. : ) Just worried if I wait till after medical school to meet my future wife (age would be 36) then I def. couldn't get a 23-28 year old and everyone older has been married or is married LOL. HELPPPPP !! Thoughts !! I'm a great guy haha so I would treat any girl w/ upmost love and respect, but my ageeeeeeeee ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

People date beyond their age range all the time. Where people tend to diverge in adulthood isn't by age bracket but by stage of life in my opinion. I hung out with 30 year olds when I was 25. I found I started to drift away from married friends my own age at 26 when they wanted to do couples stuff and started watching House Hunters International. You're not going to be "old" unless you choose to be.

Are you restricting yourself to 23 to 27 because you, for some bizarre reason, think you can only date your class? Do you just want to be with a younger woman or are you intimidated by women your own age? There are plenty of women who have also gotten a late start and are looking to date.

Medical school is not a dating service. And if you do get in you should probably not date your classmates. The way you're talking it sounds like you're buying a piece of meat at a deli and its gonna get you in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Good point Osteo, in response ... so mostly I hang out with 19-22 year olds at college and they all thought (before I told them months after meeting them) I was 19-25. I don't look or act 29, I fit in with those in college, whether 19 or 30, that is the class and stage of life that I relate to. I haven't met many "my age ladies" that are not married and single. I wish I could, given they are in the same stage of life as me. I couldn't relate to a 27 year old female that has been in her career for 4-5 years. I'm in school, she wouldn't relate to me. Now should I date a 19 year old, given one would date me, prob. too young, I'm too old, I get it but 22-29, maybe ok age range. I just haven't met single ladies closer to my age, for that matter, there aren't many single 19-23 year olds on campus much less older singles ... and wonder when I'm 32 and start medical school, how will I meet someone, I get in-class dating isn't always wise but then again, I know doctor's that married fellow docs - anyways - just rambling now ...

Members don't see this ad :)
In all seriousness, after reading your post, i think russian mail order is your best option man.

Reactions: 2 users
You're not going to be "old" unless you choose to be.

This. You can get dates with girls in their early 20s if you want; I certainly have, and I'm at the end of my 20s. I can do that because I know fun-loving, good-looking 20-something girls can get fun-loving, good-looking 20-something guys, so I try to stay open minded and take care of myself physically. If you don't "act" your age, you won't seem it (and you'll enjoy life more).

Having said all of that, I'd recommend looking more for women closer to your age, simply as it'll likely be more fulfilling for you. Your early-20s classmates are going to want to spend a lot of time at bars; if you want someone to talk to and spend time at home with, there are plenty of attractive, successful, interesting, single women in their late 20s or early 30s out there.
I haven't met many "my age ladies" that are not married and single.
Get some of the more serious dating apps and you will.

tl;dr I'm going on a date with a med student 5 years younger than me (in a different class) next week. It's doable. But I'd be going on a date with this person if she were a year or two older than me, too.

Reactions: 1 user
This. You can get dates with girls in their early 20s if you want; I certainly have, and I'm at the end of my 20s. I can do that because I know fun-loving, good-looking 20-something girls can get fun-loving, good-looking 20-something guys, so I try to stay open minded and take care of myself physically. If you don't "act" your age, you won't seem it (and you'll enjoy life more).

Having said all of that, I'd recommend looking more for women closer to your age, simply as it'll likely be more fulfilling for you. Your early-20s classmates are going to want to spend a lot of time at bars; if you want someone to talk to and spend time at home with, there are plenty of attractive, successful, interesting, single women in their late 20s or early 30s out there.

Get some of the more serious dating apps and you will.

tl;dr I'm going on a date with a med student 5 years younger than me (in a different class) next week. It's doable. But I'd be going on a date with this person if she were a year or two older than me, too.
Good luck w/ the date : ) ... Yea - I'm not neccessarily trying to date anyone in undergrad b/c it seems unlikely to last when I move away to Med. School so I resort to a 32 yr old, single Med Student in 3 years hoping to meet a girl then. How young can I go, idk. I'd love to meet someone 26-28 when I'm 32 (I would like them 2-4 years younger, idk why hahah, just I'm a young acting, fun guy) but I feel most >25 are married or dating. Also - can't be divorced ... due to religious reasons :( so that narrows the field a bit too. But like you said, I fit in perfectly with the 19 year old on college campus, and I have youth on my side rn besides a 8 mm kidney stone :( my classmates say I look 19-24 ish but I know one day, I'll look 30 haha. But I try to stay in shape etc.

This isn’t a dating site and you should be posting this in the social forums.... but as it stands....Worry about getting into med school. And after that, stop harping on age in your potential partners and start thinking about them as people. Free your mind a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
Why worry about younger chicks.. drama and neediness. MILFs are were it’s at! Plus they won’t bug you about hanging out when you need to study.. smash and study, exactly what a med student needs. #yourewelcome

Why worry about younger chicks.. drama and neediness. MILFs are were it’s at! Plus they won’t bug you about hanging out when you need to study.. smash and study, exactly what a med student needs. #yourewelcome
Thanks intheClouds!!!

I don't understand why you think you can't relate to someone your own age. Getting a job and being in the real world doesn't suddenly mean you change completely. Try to date now, even casually, if only for the practice and to increase your social circle. Life doesn't need to wait while you are in school.
If you do date younger people, look for shared interests and values. Since religion is important to you, why aren't you looking at others in your faith? Seems like a pretty obvious way to meet women who meet your criteria.

This isn’t a dating site and you should be posting this in the social forums.... but as it stands....Worry about getting into med school. And after that, stop harping on age in your potential partners and start thinking about them as people. Free your mind a little bit.

As I usually agree with your views on gender/dating I am gonna cross post from the other dating thread I'm reading for lols.

Age is important in my dating decisions as I plan on having copious amounts of children and want the female to be young enough to be able to have enough room in between each kid and also be at a healthy age when we are done having the kids.

Besides that though if people are just dating to gain experience or for funsies who gives A F*** how old the other person is.

I don't understand why you think you can't relate to someone your own age. Getting a job and being in the real world doesn't suddenly mean you change completely. Try to date now, even casually, if only for the practice and to increase your social circle. Life doesn't need to wait while you are in school.
If you do date younger people, look for shared interests and values. Since religion is important to you, why aren't you looking at others in your faith? Seems like a pretty obvious way to meet women who meet your criteria.
Haha - I'll try!! There are some "college co-ed (connect) groups" prob 10-20 people in each at our church. I may start going to some of those but brooo, they prob. all taken, plus they are "college age" 18-23", I know 29 and 18,19, even 20 usually won't fly for the girl's perspective, so I don't even wanna try. I just feel my field is narrow, I do need to go out and meet more people like at these functions but I feel its futile LOL.
#BrokenHeartSyndrome #TakotsubuCardiomyopathy haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha - I'll try!! There are some "college co-ed (connect) groups" prob 10-20 people in each at our church. I may start going to some of those but brooo, they prob. all taken, plus they are "college age" 18-23", I know 29 and 18,19, even 20 usually won't fly for the girl's perspective, so I don't even wanna try. I just feel my field is narrow, I do need to go out and meet more people like at these functions but I feel its futile LOL.
#BrokenHeartSyndrome #TakotsubuCardiomyopathy haha
can't tell if troll or incel

Reactions: 1 users
As I usually agree with your views on gender/dating I am gonna cross post from the other dating thread I'm reading for lols.

Age is important in my dating decisions as I plan on having copious amounts of children and want the female to be young enough to be able to have enough room in between each kid and also be at a healthy age when we are done having the kids.

Besides that though if people are just dating to gain experience or for funsies who gives A F*** how old the other person is.
YES!!! The use of the word "copious" !! haha. I don't date for fun and games, I have over 70 friends who are girls on campus, but 95% are dating someone. 5% are not the type I'd want to date. This is going to sound mean but its honest, I want a girl who is "Fit", thin (not overweight), she don't need to be a supermodel but ya know, take care of your body (I know there are cases of Cushing's, or endocrine induced obesity so I'm not blaming girls/guys for being overweight) but please eat healthy and work out ya know. The first thing a guy notices and judges is physical appearance, if they meet that "requirement", if you are attracted to them at some level, then next step is "get to know them" which is the most important as beauty fades and inward beauty is far more important than outward. But - the outward is important for that initial interest. So the 5% of single girls I know, I'm just not attracted to physically, other guys will find them attractive, its just not my type and I'm not super picky ... 7/10 on the scale is fine ..... don't need to HYBRIDIZE the scale at 11/10 ladies ... I believe that every girl has a guy out there who will find them attractive so its not objective, its subjective Just don't deactivate the benzene ring and its all good! : ) #OChem2RN #Shred

can't tell if troll or incel
incel ... I desire to meet someone but b/c I'm 29 ... I can't go for the girls on campus ... If they are 21 or up, I think its a possibiliy but 18-20, I feel once they know I'm 29, they gonna be like nahhhhhh!! I don't care if you will be making $500,000 and saving lives one day ...
And I don't know their age before I talk to them - Idk. if you were my age .... how would you go about it?? Obviously I'm not into bars or online dating and maybe that takes out some chances but anyhoo ... I wish Med. School's would post statistics on incoming class (single vs dating vs married percentages) for each year MS1, MS2, M3, MS4

incel ... I desire to meet someone but b/c I'm 29 ... I can't go for the girls on campus ... If they are 21 or up, I think its a possibiliy but 18-20, I feel once they know I'm 29, they gonna be like nahhhhhh!! I don't care if you will be making $500,000 and saving lives one day ...
And I don't know their age before I talk to them - Idk. if you were my age .... how would you go about it?? Obviously I'm not into bars or online dating and maybe that takes out some chances but anyhoo ... I wish Med. School's would post statistics on incoming class (single vs dating vs married percentages) for each year MS1, MS2, M3, MS4

upload_2018-11-16_0-4-7.png

upload_2018-11-16_0-4-21.png

This thread hurts my soul.

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users

Umm....

Fun fact
If your personality sucks and you’re arrogant or condescending nobody gives a crap whether you will make half a million a year
Seek help

just goes to show maturity sometimes does not correlate to age.

The moral of the story is use online dating to find the type of person you want, or figure out how to talk to people.

This thread is being closed as it is not relevant to people who are in medical school.

Status
Not open for further replies.