datQvault question about embryo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm getting confused about this question:
Where is the of site gastrulation initiation, as marked by the invagination of cells, in a human embryo?

According to the notes I copied directly from Campbell's textbook, "the first sign of gastrulation is an invagination at the dorsal lip of the blastopore."

The two confusing answer choices are:
A) primitive streak
B) dorsal lip of the blastopore

datQvault says it's B, but I'm not sure if I should trust it. If you could help me, I'd appreciate it!!! (tomorrow's my last intense study day until the test!)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!

I'm getting confused about this question:
Where is the of site gastrulation initiation, as marked by the invagination of cells, in a human embryo?

According to the notes I copied directly from Campbell's textbook, "the first sign of gastrulation is an invagination at the dorsal lip of the blastopore."

The two confusing answer choices are:
A) primitive streak
B) dorsal lip of the blastopore

datQvault says it's B, but I'm not sure if I should trust it. If you could help me, I'd appreciate it!!! (tomorrow's my last intense study day until the test!)

Dorsal lip of blastopore = frogs. :)
Primitive streak = mammals and chicks.

Are you sure the answer explanation doesn't say this? I remember that question from DATQVault and remember it did...

ahaha *embarrassed*

It says it in the explanation. In frogs it's B, in humans, it's A! Sorry!

Thanks FROGGBUSTER!