Davis Final Decisions

Started by cgscribe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They built a new Vet school and research building but I wouldnt go so far as to say up and coming. At least not until they ditch their primary care focus and hire solid specialists.

The school is definitely moving in a more research-oriented direction and has made a big jump in the NIH rankings. While I doubt Davis will ever lose the focus on producing good clinicans and primary care completely, you can definitely tell that the administration has research as a top priority.

http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/update/2006_09_01/nihrankings.htm
 
Nice job Dop! This is really your year! You've gone from relief at having an acceptance to having some great options.

Davis is actually where I grew up- so I was a little sad to see the school move to Sacramento, even though it makes logistical sense. I'm still waiting to hear if I get an interview (I'm considered OOS even though I grew up there- go figure- but I do have another California acceptance, so even if Davis doesn't work out looks like I'll still be coming back to California).

Congrats again.

SF
 
Congrats, Dopamine!! I'm still waiting, but you give me hope! i really hope to get some good news soon!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats, dope.

I interviewed around the same time and still have not heard 😡

Davis is my first choice (unless I get into UW), I was really impressed by everyone there.

Pleeeeeeeeease don't waitlist me.
 
Yeah, I am trying to stay positive as well. But seriously, I wish they had been a little more up front and realistic with their "six week" prediction.
 
i got it too. i hope it's a good sign, but I kind of doubt it means anything. it did make me hold my breath a little though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nothing. this is starting to get kind of funny. maybe they will try to let us know before May 15??
 
Thanks KBear! I feel like both schools are really awesome and unique in their emphasis in looking for a very specific personality type. On the downside, the dilemma of choosing where to go is really difficult to resolve! Are you going to the second look weekend at U of R in Feb? 😳
 
I'll probably wait until the one in March. Did Davis mention anything about their second look??
 
Interviewed 10/31, still waiting!!! But, the fact that you heard something this week gives hope.
 
Did you interview with a student? If so, email them and see if they know anything about your status!
 
I had an interview with a student, but her and I didn't really click and I didn't ask her for her e-mail. I actually enjoyed my faculty interviews much more.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing here either. I think Dope and Bubabugster heard the last two Wednesday evenings from their student interviewers. So maybe some news this week on wed or thurs?? let's hope!
 
Do the phone calls only come from student interviewers, or does it come as an official acceptance from an adcom member?
 
hard to tell. i think either the admissions office OR your student interviewer could call. but it's hard to know since it seems so few people have even been reviewed/accepted.
 
Accepted applicants are invited for second look where the school tries to further sell itself.
 
Since people were wondering about whether or not Davis calls or sends you a letter: My student interviewer e-mailed me and I got a letter 2 days later in the mail. Good luck everyone.
 
I interviewed yesterday and Bera said that they have accepted only 16 applicants. So don't worry.
 
I interviewed yesterday and Bera said that they have accepted only 16 applicants. So don't worry.

:laugh: i hope you guys told Dr. Bera to hurry up!! what kind of estimate did they give you for your decision??
 
Maybe tomorrow will be the day. Glad to hear only 16 have been accepted. Makes me feel much better.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just interviewed there (my interviewer was Dr. Bera) and he straight up told me that I shouldn't expect to hear back until I decide on the other UCs. I think they are tired of sending out acceptances and everyone withdrawing. So they're waiting for the other UCs to respond and us to withdraw. He said that at the orientation too - He said, please, if you know you are not considering us seriously, withdraw. It wont make us feel bad about ourselves." It was funny, but genuine. So I guess we should all wait more on SD, SF and LA... those who really really want Davis, should make that apparant in their app or interview...
 
Oh, he also said, that to date, they have sent out 16 acceptances. He said the wait is about 2 months post-interview, but that they're placing most people on waitlist for now.