Day to Day in Class Hours? (SFSU vs CSUEB)

Started by JMoto
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JMoto

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am having a devil of a time choosing between SFSU and CSUEB as a Career Changer. A big part of this is my family's schedule needs. Any current or former students please advise.

I just got the schedule for SFSU starting next week and I'd be in classes from 9 or 930 am to 5 or 530 pm everyday but Tuesday. Is this reflective of the year round schedule or only summer? I don't have a problem going to school all day but the issue is that my spouse works a late shift so getting out of classes that late will be almost impossible for me to get to the babysitters before they close each night. If it's just a hardship for summer I'm sure we can figure something out but if anyone knows if that would be the same schedule for Fall/Spring too that will help me decide.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the CSUEB program looks like for hours other than they won't start until late September. I haven't been able to get a straight answer. The only real difference I can find in the programs is that SFSU is a bit cheaper with guaranteed classes and they provide a committee letter at the end and I don't believe CSUEB offers anything like that.

Any insight would help friends!
 
Hi! Do you live around SF? Berkeley Extension has a pretty good program that's very flexible and can adapt to the needs of working students. Plus, they're pretty cheap and I believe they provide some kind of letter as well. It might be worth checking out!