Dazed and Confused (about PA School)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jabonir1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're probably all sick of reading threads that ask about people's personal chances at getting into PA school...and I'm sorry because this thread is no different.

I am a graduating senior at the University of Dayton with a cumulative GPA of 3.49. My science GPA is around 3.40-ish and I have strong letters of recommendation.

I have a decent amount of clinical hours. I've worked hands on at a free clinic for 2 years and gained approximately 200 hours there, and I've also gone on a medical brigade to Nicaragua where I gained about 120. I have about 100 volunteer hours from different organizations too.

I will be taking a gap year and working as a patient care assistant, where I will gain tons (hopefully a few hundred) of hands on patient care hours by the time programs start in the fall of 2017. I haven't taken the GRE yet, but I plan to do very well on that.

Any input that you guys have would be great. I am really stressing over this!

Members don't see this ad.

your gpa and community service/volunteering are fine. a competitive application generally includes > 1000(preferably 2000) hrs of paid hce.