Dazed and Confused (about PA School)

Started by jabonir1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jabonir1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're probably all sick of reading threads that ask about people's personal chances at getting into PA school...and I'm sorry because this thread is no different.

I am a graduating senior at the University of Dayton with a cumulative GPA of 3.49. My science GPA is around 3.40-ish and I have strong letters of recommendation.

I have a decent amount of clinical hours. I've worked hands on at a free clinic for 2 years and gained approximately 200 hours there, and I've also gone on a medical brigade to Nicaragua where I gained about 120. I have about 100 volunteer hours from different organizations too.

I will be taking a gap year and working as a patient care assistant, where I will gain tons (hopefully a few hundred) of hands on patient care hours by the time programs start in the fall of 2017. I haven't taken the GRE yet, but I plan to do very well on that.

Any input that you guys have would be great. I am really stressing over this!
 
your gpa and community service/volunteering are fine. a competitive application generally includes > 1000(preferably 2000) hrs of paid hce.