DCC/BOLC Scheduling as a MS4 or PGY1?

Started by carny101
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

carny101

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be a MS4 year in May 2025 and I want to complete DCC/BOLC before starting residency because I don't want to delay the start of residency in Summer 2026. I would love to do DCC and BOLC separately as their own 3-week courses, instead of the consecutive 6-week course. Does anyone know how to do that or if anyone has tried that before?
If that is not possible, what is better? Taking DCC/BOLC during MS4 and rush Step 2/ miss an important family event or after graduation and delay the start of residency? Any advice or anyone, specifically in administration that can help would be appreciated!