DCC/BOLC Scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MURPH08

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m an OMS-2 and Army HPSP student who has yet to complete DCC/BOLC. My school has kind of a restrictive and somewhat strange schedule; as such I was not able to complete DCC as an OMS-1 because it overlapped with the both end of M1T3 and the beginning of M2T1. This year looks like it may be more of the same (our rotations technically start on June 1st or July 5th {depending on whether we use our vacation}).

I have a few questions in regards to my situation:
1) Would I be able to do DCC alone by using the end of my dedicated/some of my vacation (chronologically, this would work)?
2) Would it be possible to schedule DCC/BOLC in my fourth year during a vacation month?
3) Would not completing DCC/BOLC before the military match impact my match cycle?
4) Would not competing DCC/BOLC make any potential ADT harder?

Truthfully, this has been weighing slightly on my mind and I would enjoy getting this esteemed forums opinions on my situation.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a couple years out from DCC and BOLC and it's changed so I don't feel my recs would be appropriate. I had a couple co-interns miss the first block of the year and the program just used it as a selective month, ie: it was not a big deal to them, but it depends on what specialty you're applying to. The hpsp Facebook page will provide more up to date info and students that may be in a similar situation.