DDS and MD degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are you saying my post is wack? all im saying is that the OP doesnt need an MD to be a good dentist.

Chill bro, not being critical of your particular post, just some of the ones on this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

I found this thread very interesting. I am wondering what has happened to this person since 2007 when the question was asked. I am a general dentist and I have been in practice over 30 years. I have the same question about dual degree because DDS's seem to be limited by the physician groups in helping. I want to open a med spa and do wellness treatments and sign off on doing facial aesthetic procedures. Not because of the money. I make plenty of money in my practice. I just want to help my patients with their facial aesthetic desires and I am running in to road blocks set up by the physicians. Some physicians have little respect for general dentists. I am thankful I am a general dentist. I enjoy helping patients reach their wellness goals. I enjoy working with skilled and open minded physicians and other practitioners like nurse practitioners that really want to help their patients get well. Medicine, from my perspective, is very "siloed" and not very responsive to the patient seeking wellness treatment. I think it should change. I applaud your attempt to effect change and I am wondering what happened to you

Members don't see this ad :)
As noted, the OP hasn't been on here in years.

I'm not sure we can specifically help you here. I can say there is someone I know who is OMFS and runs a very successful aesthetic dental practice. But there are likely some legal nuances that I don't think we can cover here. You could ask in the forum for practitioners though.

Reactions: 1 user
As noted, the OP hasn't been on here in years.

I'm not sure we can specifically help you here. I can say there is someone I know who is OMFS and runs a very successful aesthetic dental practice. But there are likely some legal nuances that I don't think we can cover here. You could ask in the forum for practitioners though.
Great suggestion, and you noted the original OP hasn't posted anything in almost 17 years.

Happy Friday!

Reactions: 1 user