Deadline ?s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelvicSplancnic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when is the deadline to hold multiple acceptances? I know MD is May 15, but what about DO? If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

From the instructions section of AACOMAS:

-those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14;
-those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days;
-those accepted between January 15 and June 14 will have 14 days;
-those accepted on or after June 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the instructions section of AACOMAS:

-those accepted prior to November 15 will have until December 14;
-those accepted between November 15 and January 14 will have 30 days;
-those accepted between January 15 and June 14 will have 14 days;
-those accepted on or after June 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit.

You understand this to mean that those accepted to, for example, two schools prior to November 15 can only hold one of the two acceptances after December 14? Further, that it would not be possible to hold both acceptances even if deposits are paid to both schools (and the applicant is willing to forego the deposit paid to one of the two schools)?

The MD schools have a multiple acceptance retention deadline of May 15. By this date, you must narrow your choice to one school. This seems reasonable because it gives the applicant a fair amount of time to weigh financial aid/scholarship offers from the schools that have accepted him/her. There is no May 15 analog in the DO admissions scheme?

Sorry, I posted deposit deadlines. You may hold as many acceptances up until the first day of classes, from what I understand. However, being that deposits for DO programs average about $1500, it is an expensive tactic. The whole idea of the expensive deposit is to prevent applicants from holding multiple seats.

Sorry, I posted deposit deadlines. You may hold as many acceptances up until the first day of classes, from what I understand. However, being that deposits for DO programs average about $1500, it is an expensive tactic. The whole idea of the expensive deposit is to prevent applicants from holding multiple seats.

Ahh, an economic war of attrition! I bet that's pretty effective.

Thanks for your input, Woody, er, I mean Boner!