PLEASE HELP URGENT QUESTION: DO Commit to Enroll Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medgirlypop

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question regarding committing to a DO school. I held a seat at School A since december 2022. I recently was taken of the waitlist at School B on May 8th and given until the May 17th to decide. I put my deposit down on May 17th but did not yet inform School A as I wanted to be double sure which I would commit to. On May 26th I received this email from School B:

"We hope this email finds you excited about your upcoming matriculation to the School B. We are writing today because AACOMAS has reported that you currently hold a seat at both School B and at least one other institution. Please indicate by 4PM Sunday, May 28, whether you will be attending School B or withdrawing from the incoming class by emailing us

If you will be attending School B, please notify the institution you will be withdrawing from so your name will be removed from the AACOMAS report by the deadline date. Be aware that in accordance with AACOMAS traffic guidelines your offer of admissions will be rescinded and your seat offered to another candidate if your response is not received by Sunday, May 28 at 4PM central standard time. If possible, a response prior to May 28 is appreciated."

I have sent my response to School B that I intend to enroll and sent school A that I want to withdraw. I am now scared about this sentence: "If you will be attending School B, please notify the institution you will be withdrawing from so your name will be removed from the AACOMAS report by the deadline date. " Is the deadline date in this sentence May 28th? Because this is a weekend and School A will not receive my email until after and thus will not be able to remove me from their list. Further, the traffic guidelines say I should have 15 day notice about withdrawal, is that the deadline date for this sentence, if so then the date would either be 15 days after May 15 (thus May 30) or the date I put my deposit down on May 17th? Or is it referring to starting on the day they have sent this email which was May 26th evening?

All advice is welcome , I am very worried

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I have a question regarding committing to a DO school. I held a seat at School A since december 2022. I recently was taken of the waitlist at School B on May 8th and given until the May 17th to decide. I put my deposit down on May 17th but did not yet inform School A as I wanted to be double sure which I would commit to. On May 26th I received this email from School B:

"We hope this email finds you excited about your upcoming matriculation to the School B. We are writing today because AACOMAS has reported that you currently hold a seat at both School B and at least one other institution. Please indicate by 4PM Sunday, May 28, whether you will be attending School B or withdrawing from the incoming class by emailing us

If you will be attending School B, please notify the institution you will be withdrawing from so your name will be removed from the AACOMAS report by the deadline date. Be aware that in accordance with AACOMAS traffic guidelines your offer of admissions will be rescinded and your seat offered to another candidate if your response is not received by Sunday, May 28 at 4PM central standard time. If possible, a response prior to May 28 is appreciated."

I have sent my response to School B that I intend to enroll and sent school A that I want to withdraw. I am now scared about this sentence: "If you will be attending School B, please notify the institution you will be withdrawing from so your name will be removed from the AACOMAS report by the deadline date. " Is the deadline date in this sentence May 28th? Because this is a weekend and School A will not receive my email until after and thus will not be able to remove me from their list. Further, the traffic guidelines say I should have 15 day notice about withdrawal, is that the deadline date for this sentence, if so then the date would either be 15 days after May 15 (thus May 30) or the date I put my deposit down on May 17th? Or is it referring to starting on the day they have sent this email which was May 26th evening?

Thank you
@Goro @wysdoc

Hi,

Thank you
Send the appropriate emails today and the date of May 27 will be on your emails.
Your only mistake was not contacting school A to withdraw after putting down your deposit at school B.
The deadline is what your letters say it is (May 28).

Members don't see this ad :)
Send the appropriate emails today and the date of May 27 will be on your emails.
Your only mistake was not contacting school A to withdraw after putting down your deposit at school B.
The deadline is what your letters say it is (May 28).
Thank you so much. I have sent the appropriate emails. I am just confused since the deadline is stated as May 28th but School A may not be able to inform AACOMAS to remove me from the list by then which may lead to rescinding. Will this be ok as long as I had sent the emails to withdraw on May 27th?

Thank you so much. I have sent the appropriate emails. I am just confused since the deadline is stated as May 28th but School A may not be able to inform AACOMAS to remove me from the list by then which may lead to rescinding. Will this be ok as long as I had sent the emails to withdraw on May 27th?
You should be fine with your email dated today. It would be the individual schools that could take back your acceptance, according to AACOMAS rules, not AACOMAS itself.
But let the scared feelings you have right now remind you not to let things slide.

You should be fine with your email dated today. It would be the individual schools that could take back your acceptance, according to AACOMAS rules, not AACOMAS itself.
But let the scared feelings you have right now remind you not to let things slide.
Very true, this has been a big reality check. Thank you so much.

Very true, this has been a big reality check. Thank you so much.
yep life of a doctor is full of very serious deadlines that you must make. Not just paperwork but also deadlines that affect patient care

Reactions: 1 user