Deans Certification needed for 11 year old academic probation. Question about additional statement.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NegativeMargin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was put on academic probation in 2010, I discussed this in my AMCAS application and I honestly don't think I could do a better job of explaining the situation again. MCW wants a dean's certification to confirm this academic action and they also want an attached statement from me explaining the situation. Since the point of the statement is to have the dean at my old school look at it, and approve it as an accurate depiction of my academic performance in 2010, do you think it would be acceptable to simply attached the same statement I already made in my AMCAS application in the academic action section? That way it would be my previous dean confirming what I had already said?

the prompt for the statement is as follows:

Exact nature of unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation

Specific circumstances contributing to unacceptable academic performance or conduct violation

Result action(s) taken by institution  Corrective measures resulting from institutional recommendations or personal initiative

All of these things were answered by me, worded concisely in the character limit defined by the AMCAS primary application.

Members don't see this ad.

While Your AMCAS application is sent To each medical school, it is essentially a third-party document. That is it goes from you party A through AMCAS party B to the medical school party C. However the school is directly responsible for your admission and responsible to LCME In any hospitals that have agreements for clinical rotation. Therefore it needs a direct statement from you for its file that it is done due diligence about this incident. You can copy the same thing you have an CassIn any hospitals that have agreements for clinical rotation. Therefore it needs a direct statement from you for its file that it is done due diligence about this incident. You can copy the same thing you have an AMCAS And use that as the letter that the Dean needs to certify. Indeed you should use the same thing frOM AMCAS that way there isn’t any question on different stories They are essentially looking to cover their ass with the documentation in a file in case of an audit for recertification or any other situation
Thank you for the thoughtful response!