question about expunged IA for TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fallinflower

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Hope apps season has been going well!

I previously received a minor disciplinary sanction IA (conduct related, not academic dishonesty) and it has already been expunged - I contacted my university's student conduct office as well as our health professions advising office asking how I should approach reporting this on my app, and both of them notified me that there was nothing to be reported on my record. From my health professions committee: "On our end, there is no flag to report, which means there is nothing to mention in your letter or application." From conduct office: "Once the records are expunged, there is nothing to share with anyone."

I know that for AMCAS, I don’t need to disclose any expunged/deleted IAs, but I asked TMDSAS admin through the portal and this was their response:

“You will have to decide based on the information provided to you by the schools. Use your best judgment here. We usually advise to err on the side of caution and disclose if you've been the subject of an academic institutional action. That policy still stands. However, if you feel you have sufficient reason to believe you are not required to disclose, then that is your decision to make.
It has to be nature of event, you know the situation the best, so if in doubt, it would be the best to disclose. “

Thoughts?? Should I still report it on TMDSAS - not sure what they mean by “sufficient reason to believe you are not required to disclose”…if I have to report it I will, based on similar scenarios I’ve seen posted here I don’t think it’ll kill my app, but obviously if it’s possible to avoid I’d rather not.

Thanks in advance!!
 
Good Vibes Smile GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race